Alpha Protocol available for pre-order on Steam

I won't be getting AP off steam because of the absurd price. $69.99 USD ($83.00AUD)

It's only $49.99 USD on Steam from what I see. Are you looking at something different? Different price in a different country perhaps (I'm in Canada)?

Using my razor sharp wit and Batmanish deducting skills I would think that putting the price in Australian dollars and having his location set as Australia implies that he does indeed live in Australia where the game costs ~$70 on Steam, because of the conversion rate.

Edited by Purkake

Using my razor sharp wit and Batmanish deducting skills I would think that putting the price in Australian dollars and having his location set as Australia implies that he does indeed live in Australia where the game costs ~$70 on Steam, because of the conversion rate.

It's not the conversion rate, games are more expensive here and the prices on Steam for Australian users are set to something comparable to our retail. So, like Kevin Lynch said, while the price for him is $49.99USD, for Australians it's $69.99USD.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Sucks for them :nuke:

You don't say :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't imagination localization issues costing that much for Australia.

Just sounds like the market there is more expensive.

Sucks for them :(

Probably just taxes getting added on top... That's the way it works with Europe, anyway. And somebody fleecing a bit with the exchange rate?

Well, *insult about how at least Australians don't perform carnal activities with sheep*, mate

Daymn, I had that action readied for that other thread. Now I'll have to think of something else. :nuke:

:(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It's not the conversion rate, games are more expensive here and the prices on Steam for Australian users are set to something comparable to our retail. So, like Kevin Lynch said, while the price for him is $49.99USD, for Australians it's $69.99USD.

Thanks. I hadn't expected such a difference in price in the same currency (USD). That's a 40% premium over the US standard price, which is huge then you have to do the conversion to AUD. Wow.

Edited by Kevin Lynch