New Mass Effect 2 character

Purkake

"Yeah, well, it's pretty clear that if the game is from bioware, you go instantly blind to all flaws."

You have aobviously missed quite a few of my posts both here and elsewhere if you think I think BIO is perfect.

Unless 75% = 'perfect' by your dictionary. Stop trolling and lying. Tell the truth for once when you make false accusations.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You have aobviously missed quite a few of my posts both here and elsewhere if you think I think BIO is perfect. Unless 75% = 'perfect' by your dictionary.

If that is so, then sorry. I haven't seen a single one of those though.

Stop trolling and lying. Tell the truth for once when you make false accusations.

And that just killed the little of credibility your post had. I think everybody here knows who the troll is.

Maybe it's just me, but the use of 'lying' and 'unfair' on a video game board tend to make me think that the author of that particular post is 12, if not younger.

Could possibly be a professional bias most lawyers have against the two terms, we kind of dance around them, even if they are pretty central in our work. :brows:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"Maybe it's just me, but the use of 'lying' and 'unfair' on a video game board tend to make me think that the author of that particular post is 12, if not younger.

Could possibly be a professional bias most lawyers have against the two terms, we kind of dance around them, even if they are pretty central in our work. "

Well.. when someone accuses another fo soemthing blatantly not true what else would you call it?

"And that just killed the little of credibility your post had. I think everybody here knows who the troll is."

You accuse me falsely of things blatantly untrue and I lack credibility? False accusations are often made to get negative reaction that is why youa re tolling. By claiming that am a BIO 'fanboy' who believes they are perfect you are obviously trolling for me to negatively reaction hence trolling.

"If that is so, then sorry. "

'Apology' unaccepted as you didn't mean it as evidenced by your fruther insitigation.

"I haven't seen a single one of those though."

How convient. You notice all my pro BIO stuff but not my negative stuff? It's like you made up your mind what my stance is and only the 'evidence' that backs up your belief is what you retain. Come on, now. This is why I feel you are lying. There's no way that you cna read enough of someone's post to make a lie that they are a 'fanboy' yet never see even one post that counters that.

Bottom line is I can post at least half a dozen things within seconds that i dslike about DA. And, i've posted them. I'm sure you read them, and ignored them. *shrug*

BACK ON TOPIC: ME2 will be fun. 'Nough said.

Drama_Llama.jpg

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Well.. when someone accuses another fo soemthing blatantly not true what else would you call it?

Well, the older you get, the more likely (hopefully) you'll see that the truth is rarely either of the two extremes, but somewhere in between.

And... Deliberately spreading falsehoods? Distorting the truth? I can't be bothered to look back for a fitting one to your particular dilemma, but I'm sure a thesaurus will be of help :aiee:

You do sound like a lawyer. I like alwyers but don't be silly. You make it sound impossible for one to lie. That simply isn't true.

In this case... he claims that I believe BIO is perfect. Yet, I have rated a previous game of theirs 75%. So... one of us is lying here. There is no inbetween.

You do sound like a lawyer. I like alwyers but don't be silly. You make it sound impossible for one to lie. That simply isn't true.

In this case... he claims that I believe BIO is perfect. Yet, I have rated a previous game of theirs 75%. So... one of us is lying here. There is no inbetween.

I'd say that he's 'wrong', lying requires that you know the truth and intentionally saying the opposite. Of course, rating ONE game 75 % in a catalogue as comprehensive as theirs is, is hardly conclusive proof that he is, in fact, even 'wrong'. :ermm:

Besides, nobody likes lawyers. Even I don't. I mean, I have a few lawyer friends, but most of them are 'accidental' lawyers who'd rather do something completely different from regular 'lawyering'. Me, I'd love to be a game producer. :p

Besides, nobody likes lawyers. Even I don't. I mean, I have a few lawyer friends, but most of them are 'accidental' lawyers who'd rather do something completely different from regular 'lawyering'. Me, I'd love to be a game producer. :ermm:

So you could be a rules lawyer?

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Besides, nobody likes lawyers. Even I don't. I mean, I have a few lawyer friends, but most of them are 'accidental' lawyers who'd rather do something completely different from regular 'lawyering'. Me, I'd love to be a game producer. :lol:

So you could be a rules lawyer?

Ca-ching.

Actually, I've found that engineers are a lot worse in rules lawyering than lawyers ever are.

In fact, engineers are a lot worse, period. I can still remember prosecuting minor traffic offences against a couple of engineers, it's like being a Richard was a matter of principle to them.

"I'd say that he's 'wrong', lying requires that you know the truth and intentionally saying the opposite."

Except he knows the truth as claims to believe I'ma fanboy and he says he knows this by reaidng my posts. if this is true, he has had to read at least one negative BIO post from me. They arne't that hard to find.

" Of course, rating ONE game 75 % in a catalogue as comprehensive as theirs is, is hardly conclusive proof that he is, in fact, even 'wrong'. "

Actually, it is. He claims I believe BIO is PERFECT. If I believed BIO was perfect, I would rate everything they do 100%? Right? Since anything less than 100% is, by defintion, not perfect. Therefore he is absolutely 100% wrong in his assessment that I believe BIO is perfect.

GAME OVER.

Besides, nobody likes lawyers. Even I don't. I mean, I have a few lawyer friends, but most of them are 'accidental' lawyers who'd rather do something completely different from regular 'lawyering'. Me, I'd love to be a game producer. :)

this = me

I'm a lawyer, but I'd rather be a game producer. I actually hope to make enough money as a lawyer that I can quit and start producing games instead :)

this of course will never happen, but its the dream that keeps me trudging into the office (and the paycheck).

Honestly though, my jobs pretty awesome, I work at a small business and estate planning firm, it's pretty relaxed here.

If I COULD make a game, it would be much more deus ex than mass effect.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

this = me

I'm a lawyer, but I'd rather be a game producer. I actually hope to make enough money as a lawyer that I can quit and start producing games instead :p

this of course will never happen, but its the dream that keeps me trudging into the office (and the paycheck).

Honestly though, my jobs pretty awesome, I work at a small business and estate planning firm, it's pretty relaxed here.

If I COULD make a game, it would be much more deus ex than mass effect.

BROTHER!

No, really, I actually read a story about different backgrounds/educations in the gaming business, and turns out (more or less) fed-up lawyers, wanting to do something constructive for a change, aren't all that rare. Maybe I still have some hope (but that's really a question for another subforum) :)

I can see your work being more on the rewarding side, though, before coming back for my LL.D., I was a prosecutor - talk about a thankless unpleasant job (that admittedly paid really well for not having to work weekends)...

Being an engineer is awesome. No negative stigma, the bosses leave you alone, the banks have no difficulty issuing a loan, and everyone you meet get the "oooooh"-face of jealousy when you mention that you have "Master's of Science in Technology(Engineering)"-degree. The only thing ranked higher is either an executive or a surgeon. We rule.

Back to ME2, what's the word on A.I? both enemy combatants and friendly. The last video i saw it looked like Bioware haven't done nothing compared to the predecessor.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Being an engineer is awesome. No negative stigma, the bosses leave you alone, the banks have no difficulty issuing a loan, and everyone you meet get the "oooooh"-face of jealousy when you mention that you have "Master's of Science in Technology(Engineering)"-degree.

Until something blows up (Challenger '86) or half a million Mercedes Benz need to be returned to the factory due to 'oversights'. :p

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Being an engineer is awesome. No negative stigma, the bosses leave you alone, the banks have no difficulty issuing a loan, and everyone you meet get the "oooooh"-face of jealousy when you mention that you have "Master's of Science in Technology(Engineering)"-degree.

Until something blows up (Challenger '86) or half a million Mercedes Benz need to be returned to the factory due to 'oversights'. :p

You can always blame your boss for stressed schedules and lack of proper project management :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This thread is misleading. Bioware hasn't created a new character since KotOR. :rolleyes:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This thread is misleading. Bioware hasn't created a new character since KotOR. :p

Maybe modern day BioWare creates storylines & characters by means of a specially programmed software agent that randomly takes excerpts from tvtropes 24/7.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"This thread is misleading. Bioware hasn't created a new character since KotOR. "

Every character they created is new. No two characters are exactly the same. Period. Being similar does not mean same.

This thread is misleading. Bioware hasn't created a new character since KotOR. >_<

Maybe modern day BioWare creates storylines & characters by means of a specially programmed software agent that randomly takes excerpts from tvtropes 24/7.

That would create some awesome stuff. Some of the tropes are pretty rarely used and super special awesome.

"This thread is misleading. Bioware hasn't created a new character since KotOR. "

Every character they created is new. No two characters are exactly the same. Period. Being similar does not mean same.

SeriousCatAvatar.jpg

Do go on...

Edited by Purkake

Actually, a TV trope RPG would be awesome, as long as you don't take the more popular ones (TRAGIC PAAAST) seriously.