Too Many Delayed Games

I doubt very much that Sega or Obsidian would want to hold on to the game until after Christmas 2009. October's looking like a good date for them.

The only other RPGs seem to be Magna Carta, a JRPG and Bioware's Dragon Age, a Fantasy RPG.

I think Risen and Divinity 2 arrive around that time too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well I too want this game in October but I guess I also hope that this game is well done.

Just remember that everything you do in this game affects the overall outcome of other events. I am not a game designer so I dont know if its really easy to implement a program but for them to give various offerings from outcome from every NPC in the game (well major ones) probably seems like a lot.

I recently saw their "Safe House" video and saw how awesome it was, very intricate work. I know I probably should post it under the right thread but to be able to walk to the mirror and customize your personal appearance and one should probably consider changing appearance after each mission that way you dont have a wanted level.

Anyways back on track here.

August comes Batman: Arkham Asylum, if you are into that

October comes Dragon Age: Origins (spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate)

AND

hopefully November 2009 comes Assassins Creed 2

But I completely agree with the OP on this. Splinter Cell Conviction was pushed back, Heavy Rain & Bioshock 2

Sabatoeur is due out in December; I hope and I thing Singularity has been pushed back as well.

Well, the Russian Orthodox Christmas is in January which is not before 2010. >_<

So you want the game to be delayed until December? After the crowds have spent their money and when MW2 and L4D2 will be sucking up all the attention?

No I think October 6th is a great date for them to release the game. Plenty of time for the game to build up word of mouth to get some extra sales in December (like the 360 version of L4D did last year). Launching in December around Christmas is tough because you lose the majority of the holiday rush, including the all important Black Friday.

And it's not like there will be no competition because the competition will already be on store shelves.

Not getting paid in between october and december, and losing holiday rush before freaking christmas?

Mind=blown.

Edited by Oner

On my calendar, Christmas 2009 is before 2010, but it could be a printing error. And delaying AP to the same month every other delayed rival comes out obviously won't help the sales.

Br

salamando.gif

build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Well, the Russian Orthodox Christmas is in January which is not before 2010. :(

So you want the game to be delayed until December? After the crowds have spent their money and when MW2 and L4D2 will be sucking up all the attention?

No I think October 6th is a great date for them to release the game. Plenty of time for the game to build up word of mouth to get some extra sales in December (like the 360 version of L4D did last year). Launching in December around Christmas is tough because you lose the majority of the holiday rush, including the all important Black Friday.

And it's not like there will be no competition because the competition will already be on store shelves.

Not getting paid in between october and december, and losing holiday rush before freaking christmas?

Mind=blown.

I don't think I have any idea what you are trying to say. When do you want the game released? From how I am reading it you seem to think releasing around Christmas of this year instead of in October or November...correct? If you do this, you sacrifice the most important holiday months.

please answer in concise statments.

Edited by Demonocracy

My second post in this thread had a sentence that started with 'if they delayed it 'til christmas', and this is the 3-4th time I write it. If that isn't concise enough for you, then that's that.

Also, the most important (read: biggest) holiday is christmas, however you look at it.

And with that, I consider the case closed, it's not like I'm trying to tell Obs what to do.

Edited by Oner

My second post in this thread had a sentence that started with 'if they delayed it 'til christmas', and this is the 3-4th time I write it. If that isn't concise enough for you, then that's that.

Also, the most important (read: biggest) holiday is christmas, however you look at it.

And with that, I consider the case closed, it's not like I'm trying to tell Obs what to do.

???

No actually you never said that. This thread has 3 pages, I just looked over all of your posts. In your first you said you weren't against a delay, in your second you said you liked KOTOR 2's ending and your third is the one I responded to.

Christmas is the biggest money making holiday, no doubt about it, but my point is that most people get thier Christmas shopping done in October, November and early December. After a couple weeks in December the Christmas Rush is essentialy done aside from frantic stragglers like myself squeezing in last minute shopping. This is why releasing too late in December actually loses the benefits of Christmas. This is my point, I still have no idea what yours is. When you say "delayed til christmas" do you literally mean on or around Christmas day?

And nobody is trying to tell Obsidian what to do. They've had enough of that from certain publishers in their past.

Edited by Demonocracy

but my point is that most people get thier Christmas shopping done in October, November and early December.

Nno-o, most people get their Christmas shopping done at about five minutes to closing time on Christmas Eve, or if feeling organised in the week leading up to Christmas. I don't believe anyone actually does their Christmas shopping two months early - it'd make coordination in-family almost impossible.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I don't believe anyone actually does their Christmas shopping two months early

Some people in my family finish their shopping before the end of summer. I personally feel as though I'm behind schedule if I'm still doing shopping in November. If I do any shopping after Thanksgiving, it's for me :)

- it'd make coordination in-family almost impossible.

Why?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

The game is not going to be delayed, I don't get the point? :skeptical:

Me either. I can't imagine that a company in as difficult a cashflow position as Sega is would allow Obsidz to let the ship date slip past the holiday shopping rush.

but my point is that most people get thier Christmas shopping done in October, November and early December.

Nno-o, most people get their Christmas shopping done at about five minutes to closing time on Christmas Eve, or if feeling organised in the week leading up to Christmas.

Guess you've never heard of Black Friday, then.

To the topic at hand, Alpha Protocol will certainly be an underdog this Christmas, but really, there are so many AAA games coming out next year that delaying it probably won't help sales. (Unless the game needs a delay for more polish)

maybe not on topic, but one of the games i was looking forward to this year to come out in September, Dark Void, just got delayed to 2010 "in order to get the game out of the crowded fall game season". They also gave the excuse of now having more time to polish.

I hope AP doesnt go the same way. I have faith in you, Obsy

Edited by Skizo

IGN AU's top25 for the rest of the year - which I won't link, since I refuse to ever go to the site again - didn't have either AP or DAO on it. I guess said games are too complicated for 'journalists'. :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Beginning of October would be perfect by me, assuming it's "finished". Would give me a few weeks to play through it before DA:O hits.

I'm no MBA but I definitely wouldn't want to see it delayed to anywhere near the drop dates for ME2 or Splinter Cell. Seems like they need to get it out by mid November to me, again assuming it's done.

Not having any system requirements or new footage coming up on a little over 2 months before release makes me a little wary though.

I'm no MBA but I definitely wouldn't want to see it delayed to anywhere near the drop dates for ME2 or Splinter Cell. Seems like they need to get it out by mid November to me, again assuming it's done.

Having dealt with more than a few MBAs before returning to academia, I am fairly sure that a surgical removal of common sense is part of most curricula. :sorcerer:

Having dealt with more than a few MBAs before returning to academia, I am fairly sure that a surgical removal of common sense is part of most curricula. :)

LMAO, I'm inclined to agree. Classic case of book knowledge vs real world knowledge.

Having dealt with more than a few MBAs before returning to academia, I am fairly sure that a surgical removal of common sense is part of most curricula. :)

LMAO, I'm inclined to agree. Classic case of book knowledge vs real world knowledge.

In my case it's more of a critique of management as a science. I've got a minor in "management and leadership studies", but in my case it is taught by the department of Political Science and (political science people generally being what most Americans would probably describe as raving commies) maintains a rather critical view of different trends and fads in management, instead of feeding students an overdose of the 'current cool thing' to bring home to their companies (or worse, in the case of consultants, to other peoples companies). I'm hardly the right person to say anything bad about 'book knowledge' :D

Oh my god I wanted to cry when they delayed DAO again. Unless they have one heck of a good reason for delaying AP I will be crushed. However the bright side is that if all goes according to plan I will now have a lot more time to play AP :x