Borderlands

Purkake

I just picked up a 1200 shield last night with healing. Unfortunately almost all the shields either have Very Slow healing or Ultra Rapid healing, and nothing in between. Very Slow is still pretty handy for healing up in between firefights, though.

I'll try to take a pic of my four weapons tonight I think I have a pretty good loadout on my soldier. I'm still only around 44 though.

Matthew Rorie

I guess about 18 to 20 hours and even that because in the end i played around with savegame editor and tested a few guns. like a Dove repeater pistol ( which means unlimited ammo) with x4 volcano modifier and a scope that makes you empty and entire clip when zoomed. So unlimited ammo plus full mag burst ( it's 100 bullets in this case, then it stops and you have to press fire button again) = carnage maximum.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

so you only played as one character? i can't do that in games that offer me multiple classes i HAVE to try at least two of them :teehee:

im at my ~35 hours by getting two characters to level 25. leveling is going more slowly now too, im not sure how people are getting to level 50 in only 20 hours, its going to take me twice that to get just 1 of my people to level 50.

maybe i just spend too long staring at scenery or something, or doing all the sidequests

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

No no, i started y with all four and i've leveled them to at least lvl 5 to see their special ability but then i played soldier the most and decided i'll finish it with him ,then play on with others. But like i said. I got bored.

I won't uninstall the game though so i might go play on with others some day. They're all fun to play but the world doesn't offer anything new.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

No no, i started y with all four and i've leveled them to at least lvl 5 to see their special ability but then i played soldier the most and decided i'll finish it with him ,then play on with others. But like i said. I got bored.

I won't uninstall the game though so i might go play on with others some day. They're all fun to play but the world doesn't offer anything new.

oh ok that makes sense then!

have you been playing solo or with friends?

i've been playing splitscreen coop which keeps the game feeling really fresh so far with the joking and fun having and beer swilling etc

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just picked up a 1200 shield last night with healing. Unfortunately almost all the shields either have Very Slow healing or Ultra Rapid healing, and nothing in between. Very Slow is still pretty handy for healing up in between firefights, though.

I bought a purple Slow healing shield early in the game from a vendor (sold EVERYTHING to afford it at that point, too, hahah). But that's the only one I've ever seen. Guess they're very rare.

@entrerix @Majek

I think people who reach lvl 50 in very short span of time are either playing MP w/at least some people who are higher lvl to speed things up or there's some other MP type of trick. I can't see reaching lvl 50 in 20 hours solo, that's for sure.

I'm guesstimating but I'm probably around 25-30hrs for story/quest progression, but 40hrs total gametime. That's w/my main + 3 other lowbees. For 1st run thru I do all side quests even if grey. Repeat some areas for loot, too. But mostly, I spend inordinate amounts of time spacing out in front of vending machines like an idiot, comparing (& testing) weapons & working on certain achievements.

I can definitely see that the classes don't feel quite different enough to make that super interesting...so I might stop a while when my hunter reaches lvl 50.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Probably not news to most people here, but I learned about the item mod text size issue and did the file tweak to alter it. Kind of makes me mad tho...I wonder how many class mods with a good 5th attribute I sold off, because I couldn't see the last attribute.

Probably doesn't affect weapons quite as much, but explains why some guns seemed to have such great reload vs. others of same type & other stuff....plus why sell prices sometimes seemed so wonky...there was a hidden item attribute I couldn't see. :/ The specific class mods tho...you might sell off one w/out realizing the 5th mod was a great ammo regen one or something. The file tweak fixes it but console users out of luck for now?....very sloppy..hope that's fixed in a future patch.

And here I was thinking how nice it was that all the game text was so big I could see it even sitting far away. :(

borderlands-13a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I see they released some kind of patch for consoles and maybe pc on Oct. 30th, but there's nothing to download that I see on their site? I see no auto-update feature on my game menu either. Maybe you only got the patch if you bought from Steam...supposedly a PC patch is on the way tho. And I also hear that 1.20 patch fubar'd a few things up and 1.20a fixed those? I'm so confused now.

I'll wait. The file fix is good enough and I haven't had any other issues.

major sloppy, how the hell did no one notice that before they released the game.....

There hasn't been a PC patch released yet, apparently one is coming, though.

What's the file tweak you need to do to show all the lines on a weapon?

Since I hit 50 I might not be playing much longer, but it'd be nice to see some of the extra stats on my weapons.

Matthew Rorie

i really hope the dlc adds 5 to the level cap, assuming they can do so while retaining balance

There hasn't been a PC patch released yet, apparently one is coming, though.

What's the file tweak you need to do to show all the lines on a weapon?

Since I hit 50 I might not be playing much longer, but it'd be nice to see some of the extra stats on my weapons.

Go to Programs Files/2K Games/Borderlands/WillowGame/Localization/INT

Find the gd_globals.INT file. (back it up, of course)

Change the line: AttributePresentationTranslation="$NUMBER$ $CONSTRAINT$ $DESCRIPTION$"

To: AttributePresentationTranslation=<font size="12">"$NUMBER$ $CONSTRAINT$ $DESCRIPTION$"</font>

...you can use any number for the font size under 14, I think...12 seems to work well enough.

From what I can see, you don't run into 5 attributes super often. Not rare or anything, but not on everything.

On snipers it's often just the 150% critical chance that gets pushed down to the bottom....seems like there was something else I noticed but can't remember now offhand.

I'm finally in the very last bit before the endgame boss, so hopefully later tonight I'll get to see some new cool weapons in playthru2. :p

dlc was just dated for november 24th.

10$

Heh, that Pele sniper popped out of the Weapons Stash at the start of my 2nd playthru. But since I found it so early, it's only listed at 400dmg (& it's a "Solid Volcano"). Wah. :shifty:

The monsters are definitely tougher...at least w/1st playthru weapons & shields...

Edited by LadyCrimson

Heh, that Pele sniper popped out of the Weapons Stash at the start of my 2nd playthru. But since I found it so early, it's only listed at 400dmg (& it's a "Solid Volcano"). Wah. :(

The monsters are definitely tougher...at least w/1st playthru weapons & shields...

I actually had the same sniper rifle plop down once during my first playthrough and once during the second, with the second one being a vast upgrade over the first. Pretty nice, though.

It is a shame that most of the bosses drop the same weapons every time you kill them. And it's too bad that, for the most part, they're unusable. They're usually awesomely powerful but have some huge drawback that makes them vendor trash after you fool around with them for a bit.

Matthew Rorie

Heh, that Pele sniper popped out of the Weapons Stash at the start of my 2nd playthru. But since I found it so early, it's only listed at 400dmg (& it's a "Solid Volcano"). Wah. :(

I actually had the same sniper rifle plop down once during my first playthrough and once during the second, with the second one being a vast upgrade over the first. Pretty nice, though.

It is a shame that most of the bosses drop the same weapons every time you kill them. And it's too bad that, for the most part, they're unusable. They're usually awesomely powerful but have some huge drawback that makes them vendor trash after you fool around with them for a bit.

At least Sledge's Shotgun

• 1 month later...

I dunno, that was just weird.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"