What are you playing now

Gorth

Yeah, but now he has the cds, so it's all good. I am enjoying my GoG account, though. :)

You can write the GoG self-extracting archives on as many discs, thumbdrives and HDDs as you want. It's completely DRM free and you can probably put all three games on a single DVD.

Yeah, truth to tell, I was thinking of doing that. Anyhow, Hurlie, let us know how you enjoy tactics. I've never played, but it's suddenly a 'real' Fallout Game now that FO:BoS and Fallout 3 (with DLC) are on the shelves. Hell, I remember somebody said that they could understand why folks liked Fallout 2 because they hadn't played the original Fallout. haha And I owned my own buggie first edition Fallout at or damn near release day. Still enjoying my run of Fallout. I've got the

*just for folks who've been living under a rock on Mars for the past few years, I won't say it without spoiler markings* Water Chip from Necropolis. I fixed their water pump first, of course.

Just finished BG: DAII with 700.000 gold pices and 168 unspent skill points. I only used one healing potion(which is not really necessary) during the last fight and my necromancer was wearing nothing but his initial clothes.

Now, wait for me Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel!!!one!!!11

Seriously...... :skeptical: Bet you used cheats. did your necro have the power ennervate, by any chance? How I love that wave of deadly energy....... [looks contentedlty off into distance].

If you forget about the story, tactics is a really decent Team Based strategy game. The story gets too patriotic (We are the Brotherhood!) and Holywood for my taste at some points but overall; diverse objectives (saving hostages, going into dirty house to house fights, ambushes and Achtung! Panzer for a mission) make the game fun.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

If you forget about the story, tactics is a really decent Team Based strategy game. The story gets too patriotic (We are the Brotherhood!) and Holywood for my taste at some points but overall; diverse objectives (saving hostages, going into dirty house to house fights, ambushes and Achtung! Panzer for a mission) make the game fun.

Pretty much. I really like how they expanded the SPECIAL system to all the races with their own unique perks and traits. Also, the real time combat works surprisingly well.

Thinking about going back and playing the witcher again given that there is an official patch to make the american version's graphics the same as the europeans.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I picked up the Fallout trilogy, 1, 2, and Tactics, for $20 at Target. I'm thinking about playing through 1 first, haven't decided on an approach though.

You would have saved $2 by buying it from Good Old Games, and they also guarantee that it will work. Plus you would have gotten the soundtrack, artwork, wallpapers and more stuff.

Best of all you would have supported the Witcher's publisher CD Projekt.

I'm on Satellite internet, which has a monthly cap of 16.6 gigs, so I'm trying not to download anything anymore unless absolutely necessary.

Thinking about going back and playing the witcher again given that there is an official patch to make the american version's graphics the same as the europeans.

And by graphics you mean the nude cards, right? :skeptical:

not just the cards :p

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm on Satellite internet, which has a monthly cap of 16.6 gigs, so I'm trying not to download anything anymore unless absolutely necessary.

Oh, okay. Didn't know they still have that, guess it's better than dial up. Don't you have any wireless broadband around there?

Edited by Purkake

You'll have to download a cd-crack for one of them, if I remember correctly, as the orrginal was not converted correctly. :skeptical:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I picked up the Fallout trilogy, 1, 2, and Tactics, for $20 at Target. I'm thinking about playing through 1 first, haven't decided on an approach though.

You would have saved $2 by buying it from Good Old Games, and they also guarantee that it will work. Plus you would have gotten the soundtrack, artwork, wallpapers and more stuff.

I saw the trilogy pack in a certain hypermarket chain a few days ago, and the box was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Does the GoG version have a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l box? Certainly not.

I saw the trilogy pack in a certain hypermarket chain a few days ago, and the box was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Does the GoG version have a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l box? Certainly not.

On the flipside, the one from GoG actually works and it doesn't take up physical space. I still have the damn Fallout 1 cardboard box taking up room here.

On the flipside, the one from GoG actually works and it doesn't take up physical space. I still have the damn Fallout 1 cardboard box taking up room here.

Who needs room when you can have sexy shiny boxes.

Currently bored with my games.

Considering laying out $20 for Bloodlines on Steam. I have avoided it to date because 1) Troika's previous titles were pretty lousy (I don't get the respect people have for Arcanum-- interesting world, but mediocre story/character writing and possibly the most thoroughly broken RPG rules system I've ever seen), 2) the whole modern vampire genre isn't my cup of tea, 3) the bug-related horror stories, and 4) combat gameplay looks pretty mediocre. I know we have some diehards around here. Anybody care to set me straight? Other thoughts? Also, I understand that there are some useful unofficial patches-- recommendations for a first-timer?

Edited by Enoch

Currently bored with my games.

Considering laying out $20 for Bloodlines on Steam. I have avoided it to date because 1) Troika's previous titles were pretty lousy (I don't get the respect people have for Arcanum-- interesting world, but mediocre story/character writing and possibly the most thoroughly broken RPG rules system I've ever seen), 2) the whole modern vampire genre isn't my cup of tea, 3) the bug-related horror stories, and 4) combat gameplay looks pretty mediocre. I know we have some diehards around here. Anybody care to set me straight? Other thoughts? Also, I understand that there are some useful unofficial patches-- recommendations for a first-timer?

It's awesome, be sure to get the latest fan patch. Seriously, you have been missing out if you haven't played Bloodlines. The combat it totally ok for an RPG and the characters, story and dialogs are awesome.

I played it some time ago with the fan patch and didn't run into any bugs(that I noticed). It's one of the best RPGs of the last ~5 years along with MotB.

Edit: The vampire stuff really isn't the ooky Twilight love story crap. It's just an awesome story that happens to be about vamps.

Super Edit: You can get the latest unofficial patch from here. It should work with the Steam version, but I haven't tried that myself.

Edited by Purkake

Considering laying out $20 for Bloodlines on Steam.

Do it. :p

Also, I understand that there are some useful unofficial patches-- recommendations for a first-timer?

Don't use any of them your first game - after that you can play around with all three, or four -if you count the conpanion mod-, of them until you choose that one you like the best. :skeptical:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Don't use any of them your first game - after that you can play around with all three, or four -if you count the conpanion mod-, of them until you choose that one you like the best. :skeptical:

Obviously he should use the unofficial patch that I linked above to fix all the millions of bugs left after the second official patch, right? Who want to play through a potentially buggy game the first time?

I recently finished a replay with a Malkavian (=awesome) with unofficial patch and didn't run in any bug at all. I noticed the patch even added a few quests that were originally never marked in journal and/or didn't give any experience points upon completion.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Oh, okay. Didn't know they still have that, guess it's better than dial up. Don't you have any wireless broadband around there?

Nope, I'm out in the boondocks. We can get DSL, but it's really far away from the hub and very unreliable. I switched to satellite because, despite the limitations and being more expensive, it is very stable.

I'm going to keep looking around for options though, next I might try Verizon's 3G wireless stuff, but I'm going to give Satellite a year.

I really enjoyed Bloodlines. I thought that it was the best title Troika developed. I enjoyed Arcanum, but I thought there was more there that failed than worked. I played it once and maybe twice, although I seem to recall that I didn't finish the second run, which puts it pretty low on my list.

Bloodlines is a modern vampire game, which is a turn off for me also. However, I thought they actually did a good job of fashioning the story and making the characters interesting. Some of the voice acting was really well done also. The combat is not all that great, but some of the combat situations are still interesting.

Overall, I would suggest it. I think if Bloodlines had been their first title and they'd moved up from there, Troika would still be developing games.

Edit: The vampire stuff really isn't the ooky Twilight love story crap. It's just an awesome story that happens to be about vamps.

By "modern vampire stuff" I meant "stories about vampires whose names don't rhyme with 'Schmount Schmacula.'"

Also, is there widescreen support?