Baseball!

Guard Dog

Rockies Dogers series! I find myself rooting for the Dodgers. I don't like that. But the Fish need to Rocks to lose.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey Hurlshot, hows this for a stat: The Giants are 34-18 in games started by either Cain or Lincecum, 35-40 in all other games. Talk about value from those two.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey Hurlshot, hows this for a stat: The Giants are 34-18 in games started by either Cain or Lincecum, 35-40 in all other games. Talk about value from those two.

Yep. Randy Johnson had a winning record when he went on the DL list.

I think Zito is still the highest paid pitcher on the team though. He's been solid this year, just not getting the run support.

Wake was awesome. But his back is now acting up again so he's out again. Not awesome. Get better, ya old fart.

Green pitching 2 (lucky) scoreless/hitless innings was awesome and made the awful loss at least entertaining.

Beckett continues to be not-awesome, which is...well, not awesome.

All in all...another week in the topsy turvy 2009 Boston season. That's entertainment!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i think smoltz has found his stride and his team. i was skeptical at first, but not anymore. too bad he didn't get the decision yesterday.

taks

I really hope he does well and I'm glad to hear he's been doing fine so far. I do NOT want his career to end with the memory of his Boston performances, which were probably Smoltz still trying to find his post-injury rhythm and the fluke of bad luck.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

10 games up on chicago - woohoo!

wainwright pulls off his 16th W (and a 2.47 era), now definitely in competition with carpenter for the cy young! pujols is a shoe-in for the MVP!

glory.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I can't believe the Marlins lost two of three to the g*****n Padres! What the hell? They STINK! (Sorry Kelverin but it's true). Well, they are in real trouble now because the Rokies and Giants are running away with this wildcard race. The Fish are only 4 games back now but based on the remaining schedule they might have a better chance of catching the Phillies than SF or the Rocks. The do have six more games against Philly coming up.

Thomas Sowell

I can't believe the Marlins lost two of three to the g*****n Padres! What the hell? They STINK! (Sorry Kelverin but it's true).

The truth hurts. I can take it.

In other news a team from SD won something for once! Eat that world >_<

"SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa., 2:48 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, 2009 View Comments

Chula Vista Park View can lay claim to being the best Little League All-Star team in the world."

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/200...p;zIndex=157829

Edited by Kelverin

The Marlins Braves game just got going after a 3 hour rain delay. They estimate there are less than 500 people in the stadium watching. This is a huge game for the Fish. That city does not deserve that team.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I rather expected Tampa to sock it to Boston like they have most of the time for the past season or more, but we lucked out I guess. I now expect Tampa to take revenge tomorrow...tho of course I hope Boston's luck - or Tampa's bad luck - continues.. :)

I'm pleased w/the Giant's progress in the WC race...they and Boston continue to fuel my fantasy for a Giants/Red Sox WS this season...

TB deserves to lose. The team has given up, and don't want to win so they shouldn't.

Thats not it at all. Some key player losses and some key injuries disrupted the teams chemistry from lat year. If you are taking the Kasmir trade as indication they are giving up then you are dead wrong. Besides, they are hardly out of the mix and they just hung four runs on the Sox tonight including two homers in the first two innings.

Thomas Sowell

This Tampa/Boston game has become interesting. Thought for sure with Beckett pitching as awful as he has been the last few starts that it'd be a shoo in for the Rays. It still might be, if Del keeps up like he is. :)

...yup, there it goes....I suspect that's game.

You never know what Rays team is going to show up every night. After that seires agains the Sox you would not know they were even in the playoff hunt. Just miserable.

Thomas Sowell

You never know what Rays team is going to show up every night. After that seires agains the Sox you would not know they were even in the playoff hunt. Just miserable.

I've been feeling like that about the Red Sox ever since the All Star break.

Are you watching any of tonight's game? LMAO....spring training...replaced almost the entire roster/lineup in the 5h.

Unfortunately, they put Green at 3rd, so we can't watch him pitch again. Darn! :aiee:

Edited by LadyCrimson

Thats it. They Rays are done. Stick a fork in them and turn out the lights at Tropicana, it's over. No, they are not mathematicly eliminated. Far from it. But over the past three nights we have taken full measure of their heart and found it wanting. The Tigers are cruising, they have nothing to play hard for, and they barely broke a sweat beating the Rays twice already. The Rays again watched a mediocre starter give way to a horrible bullpen and once again a late game lead evaporated into a heartbreaking loss. At least for fans it was heartbreaking. The Twins, White Sox, and Rangers all are fighting to get in, and playing well. Playing with heart. The Red Sox are playing well. They are playing like a team that knows how to win. The Rays.... they're done. The fire from last year is gone. The Rays of sun are hidden and the Devil has come back to Tampa. They might just as well break out the old green uniforms for the rest of the season.

Now the Fish, that is a whole different story. There is a hungry team that is fighing to win games. Just four games behind the Giants & Rockies and nine of their next twelve are against the Mets and the Nationals. I'm liking this!

Thomas Sowell

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09251/99628...?cmpid=cook.xml

I think the Pirates are now where the Rays were in 2004.

Thomas Sowell

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09251/99628...?cmpid=cook.xml

I think the Pirates are now where the Rays were in 2004.

17 years is a mighty long time to suck bad, but I have no sympathy for the Pittsburgh fans considering the pirates past success as well as the steelers and penguins. They have had enough championships.

indeed. the cardinals make up for the blues, IMO. the rams delivered a super bowl and a couple years of excitement, but they've sucked every other year. as a result, i consider them a wash and not part of the equation. the blues are the worst playoff team ever, and the cardinals happen to be one of the best.

taks

comrade taks... just because.