Dragon Age

Gorth

I'm sure that was a DaRk HeRoiC FAntaSY processed meat product, totally ground-breaking in the field of sausages and taking meaty snacks to a whole new immersive level, in fact the spiritual heir to the frankfurter and Cumberland sausage.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Wow, a family pack, for me and my dog! How awesome and original from you, Bioware!

Hey, just because you don't have any friends to send the other copy to isn't their fault! :unsure:

Unless of course your dog really does play, which would be totally rad and tubular. It's a bit extreme giving him his own Xbox 360 though.

No real sex in Dragon Age confirmed

Guess we'll have to do with that Dark Heroic Fantasy sausage

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just noticed that the recommend requirements says you need a quad core cpu, what the hell?

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Quad core has been the norm for about a year now. I'm sure it will work perfectly fine with a decent dual core as well. It would be nice if the game actually USED the extra cores for something, unlike 90% of games at the moment.

Quad core has been the norm for about a year now. I'm sure it will work perfectly fine with a decent dual core as well. It would be nice if the game actually USED the extra cores for something, unlike 90% of games at the moment.

All thanks to Intel who's releasing a new core processor every year. My core 2 duo will last me another 4-5 years before I consider upgrading.

I, too, have noticed that the recommendations specs says 'quad core'. I can only see this as one core is probably handling the blood patterns, another game maybe the animations, and the two remaining cores other stuff.

I can probably (I hope?) play the game on my 6 year old computer. If not, I'm think I maybe be forced into buying an Xbox 360, and a decent TV.

I can get both for the same price (or thereabouts) it will take me to upgrade my computer to be able to play DA: Origins or less.

An Xbox 360 these days cost about 2500 Danish crowns (maybe a bit more?) and a decent TV I can get for about 5-6.000 Danish Crowns, I think, maybe 7.000 Danish crowns. A custom built computer will set me back about 10.000-12.000 Danish Crowns. I can get a PS3 to, for that price as well.

Of course, DA: Origins will have no real sex in the game; it will have animated sex.... oh wait...

This also means that the screen will fade to black - before the interesting parts - means that we get to use our imagination.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

All thanks to Intel who's releasing a new core processor every year. My core 2 duo will last me another 4-5 years before I consider upgrading.

It's called progress. You want them to stop developing better, faster and more efficient processors because you can't afford them? No one is forcing you to upgrade, I'm running an old Opteron processor and still doing pretty well.

I, too, have noticed that the recommendations specs says 'quad core'. I can only see this as one core is probably handling the blood patterns, another game maybe the animations, and the two remaining cores other stuff.

I can probably (I hope?) play the game on my 6 year old computer. If not, I'm think I maybe be forced into buying an Xbox 360, and a decent TV.

I can get both for the same price (or thereabouts) it will take me to upgrade my computer to be able to play DA: Origins or less.

An Xbox 360 these days cost about 2500 Danish crowns (maybe a bit more?) and a decent TV I can get for about 5-6.000 Danish Crowns, I think, maybe 7.000 Danish crowns. A custom built computer will set me back about 10.000-12.000 Danish Crowns. I can get a PS3 to, for that price as well.

Of course, DA: Origins will have no real sex in the game; it will have animated sex.... oh wait...

This also means that the screen will fade to black - before the interesting parts - means that we get to use our imagination.

I love how everyone is "forced" to play it on the 360 now. You can get a computer that plays all this year's and probably next year's games for about the price of a decent HDTV. PC tech is way ahead of console stuff by now and you can play most games on mid-range systems without trouble.

Also, your 6 year old computer is actually older than the 360, why would you expect a modern game to play on it?

It's called progress. You want them to stop developing better, faster and more efficient processors because you can't afford them? No one is forcing you to upgrade, I'm running an old Opteron processor and still doing pretty well.

Yes because I was really complaining about prices and not being able to afford anything. :)

Oh wait, I didn't.

Yes because I was really complaining about prices and not being able to afford anything. :)

Oh wait, I didn't.

So what were you complaining about? Is putting out a new processor every year too often?

If you weren't complaining, then sorry.

Edited by Purkake

Yes because I was really complaining about prices and not being able to afford anything. :rolleyes:

Oh wait, I didn't.

So what were you complaining about? Is putting out a new processor every year too often?

Wasn't complaining actually, just stating an observation.

If you weren't complaining, then sorry.

:thumbsup: Think nothing of it.

I think the quad core recommendation is Intel marketing. I distinctly remember a developer on the DAO forum saying recently there's no significant improvement beyond 2 cores. Plus you can always run on low settings.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

No real sex in Dragon Age confirmed

Guess we'll have to do with that Dark Heroic Fantasy sausage™ and demon breasts...

No steamy hot 2-dwarfs-1-elf footage? How lame.

Hahahaha.

There's some stuff I want to say but I won't spoil it :) (and no, I'm not confirming that there is 2-dwarfs-1-elf footage....in fact I'm not making a comment about 2-dwarfs-1-elf footage at all :p)

EDIT: I'll see what the computer is that I am running the game on at work.

I played through it with the medium texture pack (since it's faster to get the daily updates) at 1024x768 and I thought the game actually looked pretty darn good. Though I'm not sure what type of computer I have since I just made the assumption that they'd give me something good enough to play it :p

Edited by alanschu

So you're saying there is some inter-racial sexual thing going on?

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showt...st&p=956543

though said class is somewhat canceled out by a brothel featured in the game that lets you hook up with "a woman, a man, a transsexual, or an animal."