Pictures of your games

Gorth

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. It's sort of a mediocre game (a bit better than the first one though). But it does have one of the best well-realized Wild West setting in games, and the soundtrack is also quite nice.

CoJBiBGame_x862009-07-1021-49-04-01.jpg

CoJBiBGame_x862009-07-1021-47-59-14.jpg

Man, I can't wait for Rockst*r's Red Dead Redemption. GTA IV engine + Euphoria physics in the wild west sounds like such awesomeness. :banghead:

Do you have a lot of freedom in Bound in Blood? I've been considering getting the original Call of Juarez but I just don't like the sound of the puzzles/jumping elements.

These westerns make me want to listen to America's Horse With No Name. :lol:

No, there is very little freedom. You can almost think of it as Call of Duty set in the wild west in the way the game plays. Obviously it's still different since it's the wild west, but the levels are generally very linear.

There are two areas that have a small "sandbox", where you can do three quests in each. But it's very, very basic stuff.

But yeah, it's well done audio and visuals wise. The graphics in particular really capture the feel of the wild west in certain places. But the gameplay is... It's not bad at all, it's just pretty mediocre to me. Some think it's fun as hell though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Thats too bad. I look at those pictures and wonder "ooo, whats behind that ridge? ooo I want to go down that valley!". I guess the answer is "no you can't, keep on the trail hombre". :ermm:

Another reason why I'm excited about Red Dead Redemption, a supposedly massive area to explore. Wonder if you will get a horse radio. :)

Red Dead Redemption does look awesome. Heck, the voice acting in the trailer alone is awesome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

How can you not love a game where your minions can pick up silly hats - includ. some 'unique' ones (Champion hats) - and wear them?

Dragon Champion (Salamander King)

overlord2-006a.jpg

Spider Champion (Spider Queen)

overlord2-008a.jpg

Gnome Champion (Finish Kill 1000 gnomes quest)

overlord2-013a.jpg

Legion Champion (the most riddiculous 'hat' in the game, lol)

overlord2-011a.jpg

Panda Hugger (from pandas in the green hive area)

overlord2-009a.jpg

Pea**** Plucker (kill a pea****)

overlord2-012a.jpg

Lizard Lover (no idea where he picked up this one, but somewhere in Empire)

overlord2-007a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thats too bad. I look at those pictures and wonder "ooo, whats behind that ridge? ooo I want to go down that valley!". I guess the answer is "no you can't, keep on the trail hombre"

Pretty much, though those two screens are from one of the open levels. But yeah, you won't find anything really interesting on your own anyway. It's just not designed at all for freeroaming.

Red Dead Redemption does look cool, but it seems it won't be getting released for PC, so screw that.

And here are some more Purgatorio screens:

Searching the archives:

nwn2main2009-07-0316-28-16-43.jpg

Long way down:

nwn2main2009-07-0118-06-01-40.jpg

One of Sigils many fine establishment where you can get a good (well, it's relative) meal. This one is called the Iron Gong:

nwn2main2009-06-2910-47-55-21.jpg

Welcome to the Boneyard Pond:

nwn2main2009-07-0422-54-44-18.jpg

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

How can you not love a game where your minions can pick up silly hats - includ. some 'unique' ones (Champion hats) - and wear them?
So they have some indivual traits now, names and such? I'm playing Overlord currently and it's a bit sad to always lose the cool minions. I had one with a slug on the head, one with a dwarven king's crown etc., and they just die :( Also, is it still only the browns who get visible equipent (except some basic armour visibility)?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

@samm - They're assigned random names, and now gain levels. There's no real traits ala visible stats or anything tho and it's not clear what gaining levels does. More health/damage ala gear, I'd assume. You can reserrect minions (it costs lifeforce) too, so you never have to lose the fancy-hat guys. :(

In the 1st game, I'd reload everytime I lost certain minions. heh

And yes, browns still the only ones who have visible gear. So to get some of the hats you have to make sure to take some browns...or in some cases, like the panda hat, make sure you leave one panda alive and bring the browns back later.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Perfect timing.

;)

You get tired of Lilarcor eventually, but for a while, he/it is an awesome seventh party member. Ex-Moonblade, yeah right! :verymad:

Whatever happened to games like that (rhetorical question)? ;(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Perfect timing.

:)

You get tired of Lilarcor eventually, but for a while, he/it is an awesome seventh party member. Ex-Moonblade, yeah right! :grin:

Nah, I don't get tired of him. Especially not when he provides Mind Blank when equipped. One less Chaotic Commands spell I have to memorize.

Do you realize how hard it is not to use Ctrl+R when you have cheats enabled so that you can check variables for certain quests? I spent the first half of the game using it before I managed to restrain myself. It was a crutch that prevented me from having to prepare for combat. Why buff when you can just charge right in? Once you get buffed up to eliminate those horrific disabling spells it's not so bad though. Being beaten because your tactics were inferior to the situation is one thing, but being beaten because all your combat characters failed their saving throws against a second level horror spell that can be countered for most of a day with a first level remove fear is horrible.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. It's sort of a mediocre game (a bit better than the first one though). But it does have one of the best well-realized Wild West setting in games, and the soundtrack is also quite nice.

CoJBiBGame_x862009-07-1021-49-04-01.jpg

CoJBiBGame_x862009-07-1021-47-59-14.jpg

That landscape looks incredibly boring

It was kinda cruel to ask DN to turn on the radio and then just bail, leaving him to fend off the zombies on his own.. but hey, survival takes precedence!

That's why you hit the switch and then run like hell. If you start running right away you have more than enough time to get to the rock.