NWN3 will be actually a MMO

Sweet, just make a Baldur's Gate MMO while you're at it, and a Jade Empire MMO and a Hitman MMO. The possibilities are literally endless!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

DDO is pretty solid, not my cup of tea but when I played with a permadeath group it was intense and fairly close in feel to the NWN permadeath server I used to play with.

NWN3 is a looooooong way off people. We really have no idea what type of game it will turn out to be. The term MMORPG doesn't refer only to WoW and its clones, so it's a bit early to jump to conclusions about NWN3. Also, the original NWN was very much designed around multiplayer aspects, so it's a bit alarmist to say NWN3 is abandoning the original vision.

If Cryptic is realy doing 3 MMOs at once, i realy question the final quality...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

If Cryptic is realy doing 3 MMOs at once, i realy question the final quality...

Good point. The words "sausage-machine" come to mind.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

um, has everyone actually read the article? not once does it say "NWN3 will be an MMO." no, instead, it says "Champions Online and Star Trek Online developer Cryptic is said to be working on an (sic) Neverwinter Nights MMO" (sic mine). there's no reason to believe this has anything to do with NWN3, or even if there will or will not be one.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

****. Really? Must mega-publishers brutally murder all of the good franchises? Warcraft is dead, so's Kotor, and now we have a NWN MMO. Why? Can't they make a new IP? What a though, new IP's... no, instead they must sell all of their hardcore franchises for crappy MMOPOS's.

EPIC PHA1L!!!

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Now all we need is a Elder Scrolls MMO. :x

That would suck. Why? Because it would be an MMO, and all MMOs fail.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

If taks is right then you guys are all jumping the gun at NWN MMORPG == NWN3.

Did the article actually say that NWN 3 is going to be a mmorpg?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"all MMOs fail."

It's very rude to lie. :x

Not a lie. There has never been a good MMO. Those that had a shred of worthiness (and at this particular moment in tim I'm basing this off of the E3 trailer of TOR) all brutally murdered good franchises, thusly failing.

It will be interesting to see Neverwinter Nights as a 4e property, especially as Neverwinter is gone in 4e 4gotten Realms.

4e is the devil!

Maybe they could call it the Never Neverwinter Nights?

Neverwinter Nevermore? Or is that too much like an airport novel?

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

It will be interesting to see Neverwinter Nights as a 4e property, especially as Neverwinter is gone in 4e 4gotten Realms.

4e is the devil!

4e is great.

'Neverwinter Naughts'

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

4e is the devil!

4e is great.

'Neverwinter Naughts'

I'm sure it's easier to use at the table thanks to all the great streamlining and whatnot, but it would get pretty boring if all the classes play pretty much the same in a CRPG. I actually prefer the spell-crazy unbalanced BG2 system for CRPGs.

Edited by Purkake

... no one saw this coming?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

:)

I love how just about every developer and publisher look at WoW and how much money they make. They want a piece of the pie but compared to singleplayer (or free multiplayer) games, MMOGs are extremely harsh business environment. There's WoW and EVE and then there's tons of barely profitable (or total failures) MMOGs.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

And Lord of the Rings Online

And Everquest 2

And City of Heroes

but that's totally it, stupid developers!

oh, and Final Fantasy XI

But that's totally it, unless you count all the stupid last generation MMO's.

I'm sure it's easier to use at the table thanks to all the great streamlining and whatnot, but it would get pretty boring if all the classes play pretty much the same in a CRPG. I actually prefer the spell-crazy unbalanced BG2 system for CRPGs.

For a single player RPG, sure. But I can't see that system working for an MMO, especially when it comes to spells. Can you imagine being a level 1 mage?

* Log on

* Cast three spells

* Log off for 24 hours.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

For a single player RPG, sure. But I can't see that system working for an MMO, especially when it comes to spells. Can you imagine being a level 1 mage?

* Log on

* Cast three spells

* Log off for 24 hours.

For a MMO, sure. It's practically designed for it.

And Lord of the Rings Online

And Everquest 2

And City of Heroes

but that's totally it, stupid developers!

oh, and Final Fantasy XI

But that's totally it, unless you count all the stupid last generation MMO's.

And Lineage 2

*sigh*

and Guild Wars maybe?