Left 4 Dead 2

Thought: Cooperation is the name of the game in L4D. Instead of simply fire cooperation, which is fundamentally limited in scope as an FPS*, why not have other cooperative tasks. For example, um, the players are on a truck, loaded with their stash, and very comfy but the road ahead is blocked. They must use Valve-ish physics engine thinking to clear the road. They must also sometimes work in tandem in order to get enough weight onto some objects, or operate certain machinery. Ditto the obvious one of getting into or out of a secure military facility.

*You don't want to hear about my plan for an artillery support version where players have to do the differential calculus.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How come you guys loved L4D? It was a totally average, boring and forgettable game...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

How come you guys loved L4D? It was a totally average, boring and forgettable game...

Friends. Single player sucked, but playing with friends could be a completely different experience. We tried racing, we tried solo runs and we also shot each other in the back a lot. Locking someone in a room with a witch when they only have an uzi? Lot's of fun. :D

One of them is named Nick.

ROFLASKLGJASKGJSAKGHASKJGHASGASJASGAS

which only makes team killing more fun

Team killers will have their own private hell. It will consist of a pit full of teamkillers and ample supplies of fine food, and entertainment. The TKs will simply **** each other up for no reason.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Be happy the publisher isn't EA.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Because we didn't think it was a totally average, boring, and forgettable game.

Agreed, I have to think that if you've played with anyone else in a group of this game online, you have to at least recognize it as being "fun" if not "totally awesome."

But, for how long can it be awesome? I have had way lot more fun by playing online with any of the CoD games. Those are true FPSs...

L4D may be quite fun and addictive at the beginning but it gets tiresome after playing it a dozen of times... And the graphics do suck for a game of its age... Graphics do not matter for RPGs, but they Do matter for FPSs...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

But, for how long can it be awesome? I have had way lot more fun by playing online with any of the CoD games. Those are true FPSs...

"He is no true scotsman, he is!"

L4D may be quite fun and addictive at the beginning but it gets tiresome after playing it a dozen of times...

Nah, different people like different things; I, personally, never tire of decimating a team of survivors as a tank.

And the graphics do suck for a game of its age...

Not really. I don't have terribly high standards, though, so for graphic whores it might; however, that's irrelevant (see below).

Graphics do not matter for RPGs, but they Do matter for FPSs...

That must be why no one plays Counter-Strike anymore.

*You don't want to hear about my plan for an artillery support version where players have to do the differential calculus.

I'd play that.

I love you and want to have your babies.

-Elwood Blues

L4D may be quite fun and addictive at the beginning but it gets tiresome after playing it a dozen of times... And the graphics do suck for a game of its age... Graphics do not matter for RPGs, but they Do matter for FPSs...

Disagree with pretty much everything you said.

Cheers!

Hahaha! Serves them right, those suckers!

...Left 4 Dead 2 doesn't really feel like a sequel, so much as an expansion pack or a modification: in my playthrough of the first two sections of "The Parish," set during the day in the post-apocalyptic south, I honestly didn't see enough new content to warrant Left 4 Dead 2's status as a true sequel...

E3 09: Hands-on with Left 4 Dead 2

...when you sit down and start playing, it really just feels like Left 4 Dead v1.5...

Left 4 Dead 2: Voodoo Extreme Hands-On Preview

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot