New Monkey Island series announced

I hope they get it right and we're not given another EMI - disappointing, not crap, but not a gem like the others. Anyway, at this point any MI beats no MI.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Concept art looks a lot better than the renders.

talesofmi_elaine_concept.png

talesofmi_mightypirate.png

A line drawing has soul, this just looks like a weak toy story imitation. Only exception I can think of is the top of my head is Wall-E. Yes I know this is not a feature film so the complaint is beside the point, but still.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I loved the original two, but after that, when the series went for a cartoonish look and featured voiceovers with modern American accents, it was kinda like seeing the movie version of a book, and the characters looked and sounded nothing like you imagined them.

I'll probably end up getting the remake on Xbox Live.

Truth be told the first two didn't have more then two pixels between them to flesh out the characters

1077864308-00.png

1218660203-04.png

Apparently the remake allows you to switch between old and new graphics at will, which is nice.

mi1.jpg

mi2.jpg

Edited by Hell Kitty

mi2.jpg

This isn't how I remember the Monkey Island games :-

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yea I don't like these new models. bleh.

For those that loved the original game there is Secret of Monkey Isle ported to the XBox Arcade... it features the original graphics with an updated interface.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

The above has a trailer with some interviews as well as the new interface etc... yay!

its not exactly a port. The graphics have been updated, new backgrounds and character models, but built on the old engine so other than graphics and updated sound and voice acting is the same game

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

/me eats Hell Kitty for dissing Dominic Armato.

There's no Guybrush without his voice, not anymore.

The remake looks terrible, but if get to play original( vell mkII version :D) graphics talkie do.ob

The MI5 looks decent enough though. Even the goatee :lol:

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've seen a lot of negative feedback to both the re-release as well as the new game and to be honest, they are undeserved. Both projects have been blessed by the holy hand of Ron Gilbert, and directed by Dave Grossman, also of Monkey Island fame.

I can't wait to get my filthy hands on these new episodes.

Most people are complaining about the art design and the criticism is pretty spot on IMO. It won't make or break the game, but it would be nice if Guybrush actually looked like he did in any of the previous games.

Why? He looked differently in each of the them :p

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Oh poop, this is episodic. Why?! I want to play a full story from A-Z, not just a bunch of loosely connected shennanigans. And Guybrush looks like a grunge singer with aids.

And I would asume the reason why it isnt classic 2D is because that would require them to hire oldschool 2D animators, which are very rare and expensive. Not to say that proper 3D animation isnt ridicilously complex and hard, because it is.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "