FO: NV

Imho Bethesda already went surprisingly far with making it possible to enslave one of the kids of Wittwe Wampwight - and the only nice & cute kid to boot.

Killing NPCs just because one finds them 'irritating' is a bit out there, imo. Deal with them just like one deals with irritating people in real life.

Except Fallout isn't real life, it's a nuked out wasteland.

So I want to be able to shoot irritating people in the face.

You mean, tell them to F YOU, smack them in the face, spank them for being bad kids, throw fruits at them, or sue them for something?

Didn't see dialogue options for either.

You could at least antagonize that gal Princess when you found out her 'secret'.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Something really needs to be done about melee combat, especially in regards to VATS. It's just a MESS. No targetable limbs, your character teleports all over the place, you either have a 0% chance of hitting or 95% with no in-between (which seems to be based on some sort of obscure juju instead of actual distance to the enemy) and lots of really awkward animations in where your weapon clearly doesn't connect but the enemy falls down anyway.

Not to mention that you're at a severe disadvantage against enemies with guns since you have to close in while they open fire... but that can't be helped, really. It's just another line to the list of "Why Turn Based is Infinitely Superior to Realtime and That's What You Should Do Regardless of What The So-Called License Holders Demand".

Just sayin'.

Not to mention that you're at a severe disadvantage against enemies with guns since you have to close in while they open fire... but that can't be helped, really.

With the bad AI, you can simply hide somewhere and wait til the bad guys with guns get close enough. Or lob some grenades.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Not to mention that you're at a severe disadvantage against enemies with guns since you have to close in while they open fire... but that can't be helped, really.

With the bad AI, you can simply hide somewhere and wait til the bad guys with guns get close enough. Or lob some grenades.

That's sort of true, but the fact that enemies have unlimited ammo and are not bound to AP-- not to mention the huge number of super mutants you face at once later on-- means they still have an advantage.

Game mechanics. It would be nice to use the arrows keys to move your character around. The jump button is buggy. If you are too close to an object you won't be able to jump up. Its like you have to get a running jump in order to get on top of something.

In other words make the functionality of the keyboard a little better like in other games.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You can remap the keys, just not all the keys for some reason, which kinda defeats the effort since a WASD setup is drastically different than an Arrow Key setup.

I'm not in the industry, but I can't for the life of me understand why there are so many games which do not allow you to remap keys. Shouldn't that be like the easiest implementation in the world.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

In other words make the functionality of the keyboard a little better like in other games.

without being a part of the Obsidian team...i feel like i can almost guarantee that FO:NV will be more of a PC port than a console port (if you get my meaning).

Why, because the pc version is the one that will be finished 5 years from now? OH SNAP

without being a part of the Obsidian team...i feel like i can almost guarantee that FO:NV will be more of a PC port than a console port (if you get my meaning).

Bet your life on it. Otherwise your little guarantee means nothing. NOTHING!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

• 3 weeks later...

Change the mandatory level up in the game. In the first two games and many others, you can level up when you want to when you had reached the next level for your character. Its stupid that you are forced to level up and most of the time its when you are in the middle of doing something like combat.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Remove the scope from the magnum and give it some real firepower, not just a bigger pistol.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sorry, got the Xbox version. :thumbsup:

I thought it was over 9000. Something like 9001? Maybe some dev at Bethesda hangs around 4chan too much.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It would be nice to be able to detach the scope though. A slightly more intersting attachment system similar to Crysis would be cool.

Also it would be nice to see scoped weapons receive a close range to hit penalty.

Also, it would be nice to see holsters for handguns.

Also it would be nice to see avatars be able to wear handgun plus knife plus rifle in different slots at the same time.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Remove the scope from the magnum and give it some real firepower, not just a bigger pistol.

@__@

The Scoped .44 Magnum does a lot of damage and the Blackhawk/Callahan's Magnum are the best small guns in terms of MDPS.

Sorry, RE5's ridiculously powerful magnum has spoiled me. But its nice when a gun has that much of a kick. :D

It would be nice to be able to detach the scope though. A slightly more intersting attachment system similar to Crysis would be cool.

Also it would be nice to see scoped weapons receive a close range to hit penalty.

Also, it would be nice to see holsters for handguns.

Also it would be nice to see avatars be able to wear handgun plus knife plus rifle in different slots at the same time.

Yeah, but would those things be nice?

NICE, I say. or maybe cool. Depending.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The velcro weapons are getting old.

The velcro weapons are getting old.

Ya, it does get old, but I'd be more interested in seeing the development time going into something else, like better quests. The graphics aren't that important to me.

SO would I. But I'm more hopeful in getting graphic/technical improvements than better quests and stuff. Better story/quests/complexity doesn't seem high on most developers to do lists these days.

Obsidian has a better track record than most in this area, so I have some hope, but not a lot of hope.

SO if I can't get a cool complex story than I'll settle for a cool and complex attachment system for weapons.