Breaking: Duke Nukem dev 3D Realms closes it's doors!

I never played the original Duke Nukem 3D, so I wasn't really interested. But still it is amazing they lasted this long. I haven't seen a game the with 3D Realms logo in years. Was it present in Prey? I don't remember.

I never played the original Duke Nukem 3D, so I wasn't really interested. But still it is amazing they lasted this long. I haven't seen a game the with 3D Realms logo in years. Was it present in Prey? I don't remember.

Duke 3D was amazing for it's time. I still occasionally play it for the nostalgia factor.

Speaking of Prey, when I saw those screenshots above I thought they were from Prey 2.

Hm, so Brian Lawson, the guy who implemented HDRR into NWN2, which for some reason wasn't available in the game and still isn't, must look for a new job, too.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

This is from Scott Miller (of 3DR), about what does and doesn't make for a good game name. One is that you shouldn't give your game a name that can be criticised. Of course these are only guidelines, not rules. Duke Nukem Forever would totally be an awesome name if the game wasn't the biggest joke in the gaming industry. Edited by Hell Kitty

Doesn't look so revolutionary at all, as George Broussard always promised us.

Some pretty cool stuff in there mind, but without playing it, and knowing that, how can you say it isn't?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

That would have been fun, I think.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Looked more fun than most FPS I've seen previewed for a long time actually. These kind of FPS should just capitalise on high adrenaline high speed rampages with cool but simple things you can do and a lot of style.

Also looked like, true to a forever-developed game, there were a lot more detailed animations and 'unique' touches (like the big garage door coming down on a monster and the monster getting flattened, and the door shutters also being ruined).

Twelve years and all they could come up with was the giant alien in the stadium fight? That was in the N64 version already.

But in all seriousness, I don't see how this could be any good if it were to be picked up and finished/scraped/restarted.

I saw in the credits listing of whos in the staff photo a 'Brian Lawson', that's not our toughpants is it?!

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Man, all this stuff coming out now, but when the game was still in development all they could manage was a few tiny, lame teasers?

Yeah, well after 12 years I'd like to think they were sitting on a ton of stuff. The alternative would be...bad.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I bet some dev will pick it up and finish it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"