What are you playing now?

Gorth

I've been playing American McGee's Alice. Also, WoW infrequently. I'm dead set in the middle of Act 3 of the Witcher and I plan on returning to it to finish. I'm also one of those poor yutzes that spent a fortune on Shani's ring only to have her tell me to get one on the cheap. I usually hate game romances, but I get a kick out of the over the top sexuality in the Witcher. It has literally made me laugh out loud. I laughed one time and the wife asked why. I made the mistake of telling her and now she hates it when I play the game. She can tell by the music and voice over work. I hate to antagonize her, so I've been laying low on the title. She calls it my smut title.

;)

Oh, it gets better yet later. Like, hey, wait a sec... *censored*. What just hit me? Over the top kind of silly :aiee:

Chapter 4 is actually a very nice break from the pace and setting of Vizima.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

no, No, NO!, Arghh!!!! ;)

It's bad, as in really, really bad. An insult to lovers of the original dos based, GLide driver powered Tombraider everywhwere. It was *that* bad. Pretend it doesn't exist, just like Master of Orion 3.

There has been ups and downs in the franchise, but it is the only Tombraider game that I've started and uninstalled before finishing. And that despiste liking some parts of Legends and loving most parts of Underworld.

Stop being so dramatic. It may be an insult to the lovers of the first one (can't tell really, the first TR I've played was TR3), but Anniversary was significantly better than both Legend and Underworld, which makes it a pretty fine game.

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

The shore in Chapter 4 is the most beautiful location in the entire game, especially at night.

20795.jpg

Finishing up SoZ. Really don't see why people attacked it as "t3h most rubbishest EVAR!!!!11". It's still infinitely better than the NWN1 OC. Also playing Rome: Total War, the Egyptian campaign. Suffice to say that I hate both the Seleucids and the Scipii. ;)

Finally, Fable: TLC for the first time since 2005. And bugger me with at tentpole and call me Geraldine if it isn't pretty awful. Clich

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

no, No, NO!, Arghh!!!! ;)

It's bad, as in really, really bad. An insult to lovers of the original dos based, GLide driver powered Tombraider everywhwere. It was *that* bad. Pretend it doesn't exist, just like Master of Orion 3.

There has been ups and downs in the franchise, but it is the only Tombraider game that I've started and uninstalled before finishing. And that despiste liking some parts of Legends and loving most parts of Underworld.

Stop being so dramatic. It may be an insult to the lovers of the first one (can't tell really, the first TR I've played was TR3), but Anniversary was significantly better than both Legend and Underworld, which makes it a pretty fine game.

*laughs* for some reason this whole discussion reminds me of the PC gamer mag I've got somewhere in my closet that's got Tomb Raider 2 as the cover story... and the only thing I remember from reading the article is that the devs were proud of being able to get her ponytail to move "realistically".

Still Playing infamous and actually beating myself up because I decided to play it emotional on ONE choice against my instincts and made the "wrong" choice... stupid me.

The game, later on, suffers from diminishing returns on it's attacks, while the first guys will go down in three shots of lightening the Dustmen will take 7-10 unless you headshot, then the final group (the "first sons") appear and take anywhere from 15-30 shots to put down... and these are just hte line guys, not minibosses or anything. And of course while all this is happening you're getting newer and more powerful powers. On the miniboss front things get freaking rediculous, the first guys have a single miniboss (called a conduit) that fires a shockwave at you, can teleport, and has a standard gun. The Dustmen have two bosses, one that's got a rocket launcher and can spawn little adds that'll try to melee you but go down in one hit, and the other is a massive golem made out of scrap and trash that for blanace reasons you will NEVER face more than two at a time because they're so hard to put down. The second one is IMHO harder than the conduits of the third group (at least the ones I've met) because the conduits in the third group are required to be in melee and have as much HP as these nutters, but the dustmen ones have machine guns, melee, can fling heavy chunks of debris at you, and take a BUT LOAD of lightening to put down.

Honestly this game rocks, even if it can be difficult. Of course I'm playing on Hard (in the first few levels the game rates you and chooses a difficulty based on how well you did those levels), and sometimes it can be demonic in terms of how hard it's kicking your behind.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finishing up SoZ. Really don't see why people attacked it as "t3h most rubbishest EVAR!!!!11". It's still infinitely better than the NWN1 OC. Also playing Rome: Total War, the Egyptian campaign. Suffice to say that I hate both the Seleucids and the Scipii. :thumbsup:

Finally, Fable: TLC for the first time since 2005. And bugger me with at tentpole and call me Geraldine if it isn't pretty awful. Clich

OMG, Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs The Third Reich is on Steam AND on sale.

It's a superhero RPG with awesome customizable powers and destructible environments(including buildings), you can throw cars and dumpsters and whack people with lamp posts. Check out the demo if you haven't heard of it.

Edited by Purkake

"Finishing up SoZ. Really don't see why people attacked it as "t3h most rubbishest EVAR!!!!11". It's still infinitely better than the NWN1 OC."

No. SOZ is one of the wrost games I've ever played. Down there with the ES series, POR2, EOTH, DTU, etc.

"And they got it. Best NWN to date."

Nope. Not even close.

1. MOTB

2. HOTU

3. NWN2 OC

4. NWN1 OC

5. SOU

55. SOZ

It even created a new word for 'crap game': SOZZY.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

SoZ does some cool new stuff, but people mostly rag on it because the story is nowhere as good as in MotB. It is the Icewind Dale to MotB's Planescape Torment.

Very true.. It reminded me alot of Icewind Dale actually, which was cool ..

No. SOZ is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Much much better than NWN OC imo - I couldn't even finish that because it was so craptacular! Each to his own I guess..

Fortune favors the bald.

"It reminded me alot of Icewind Dale actually"

Outside of the D&D name it had very little of quality in common with IWD. IWD was actually a fun, well made game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"It reminded me alot of Icewind Dale actually"

Outside of the D&D name it had very little of quality in common with IWD. IWD was actually a fun, well made game.

I think we got the point..

Fortune favors the bald.

Oh, I AM in Chapter 4. I just got confused. That's the one with the Lady of the Lake or whatever her name is.

Please her and she will give you the best item in the game and some nice schnoo-schnoo as well.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm actually messing around with Mass Effect for the first time since it was new to PC. This is my first try at a biotic-heavy character. Lifting opponents is fun, but in general I found my old Infiltrator's tech powers to be more useful.

All and all, biotics are the most powerful characters in the game. This is partially because the pistol is the strongest weapon in the game.

I wonder if in ME2, you'll have to carry all four weapons even if you character can only use the pistol?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'm actually messing around with Mass Effect for the first time since it was new to PC. This is my first try at a biotic-heavy character. Lifting opponents is fun, but in general I found my old Infiltrator's tech powers to be more useful.

Yeah, and those tech powers were also the most annoying to have used against you in the PC version thanks to the overheating bug they never fixed. Being taken down to only your sniper rifle in the final battle because everything else is permanently overheated sucks.

My copy of inFamous arrived by mail yesterday and I've been fooling around with it. It's fun, but it gets repetive when you've finished around 30% of the game. It's always the same routine - find a manhole, go to the sewers and power up a part of the city, go up again, kick ass for a few hours, find another manhole, sewers for 15 minutes, power up a part of the city, kick ass for a couple of hours and so on. The side missions are always the same as well... not a lot of variety, sadly.

Still kicking ass in the wasteland in Fallout 2 and Fallout 3.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've given up on X-COM as I suck too much at it - can't end a terror mission without 90% casualties, argh. Playing Sins of a Solar Empire and Forged Alliance now, might go back to a nice slow game of Civ II though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra