Dragon Age

Guest PoziomyPion

Somehow the buzz around DA doesn't affect me, even though I was eagerly awaiting Mass Effect. DA seems so uninspired, and if you add the whole PC exclusive thing and Gaiders book(and run he did Lolipops feast).

Meh. Gonna skip it.

Did anyone get the full book by the way?

A woman I know on the DA board bought 25 copies and sent one to me.

Who did that? Imported Beer?

Yes. Though I think she only ended up buying ten.

Either way, instead of sending me a copy, she ordered one from amazon.com and sent it to me. Now I'm trying to figure out what to send her.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So far I read about 1/3 and it's pretty good, except for one event which was so non-sensical it made me grit my teeth in frustration.

Oh do tell! Us non-initiated want to get a piece of the nonsensical pie.

One character attacks another without any real reason

You'd probably have to read it in context to see why it would bother someone.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

So far I read about 1/3 and it's pretty good, except for one event which was so non-sensical it made me grit my teeth in frustration.

Oh do tell! Us non-initiated want to get a piece of the nonsensical pie.

One character attacks another without any real reason

You'd probably have to read it in context to see why it would bother someone.

Maybe they based it on one of their PnP campaigns? :teehee:

"And run he did." is a meme at the Codex. That sample chapter was hilariously bad. Then again, it's BioWare. The only reason they get away with their crappy writing is because 90% of other developers are even worse.

20795.jpg

Wait, there's actually books about Dragon Age? Are they prequels of some sorts, or are they something of a kin of Silmarillion-wannabes?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest PoziomyPion
DA isn't a PC exclusive.

And.. the book is fine.

By saying

the whole PC exclusive thing
I meant that game was announced as PC excusive like a couple of years ago, then recently they said it's gonna be released on consoles, but a bit later, and even more recently they said it's gonna be a simultaneous release for consoles and PC.

I just can't believe it's gonna be a typical PC RPG like BG2 after all that ;) (they advertise it as such)

Edited by PoziomyPion