Dragon Age Discussion

deganawida

There's a difference between "not original" and "mehtacular". Its okay to not be original, but eventually you just sort of sigh because you've seen this all before way too much.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There's a difference between "not original" and "mehtacular". Its okay to not be original, but eventually you just sort of sigh because you've seen this all before way too much.

This reads like a review of everything you post about Bioware.

Edited by Dakar

I was mostly answering to Volo's comment about originality. Notice I wasn't talking about any game or anything in particular.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

How about making a storyline where you don't save the Galaxy, but try survive a family feud for instance. They could portray characters from different families and lineages, old grumpy matriarchs, young brash fools, ostracized family members, family black sheeps allying with other organizations etc. Plenty of room for Shakespearian drama, personal tragedies etc. They could draw on old norse or greek sagas.

The "blond elf with british dialect stands against the Orc-hoarde"- story is such a cliche. For me it's a complete turn-off, and an insult. And then they hit us with that girly Gaider-novel as well. Sheez. I've seen some excerpts, and it was quite embarrassing stuff imho. With the budgets they have you should think they could procure some talent at least, no?

Almost tempted to torrent the entire thing on release day.. lolz.

D.

"Almost tempted to torrent the entire thing on release day.. lolz."

Thieves are scumbags, and their opinions are probably stolen from imbeciles so are totally irrelevant.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Almost tempted to torrent the entire thing on release day.. lolz."

Thieves are scumbags, and their opinions are probably stolen from imbeciles so are totally irrelevant.

Agreed. You know you don't actually need to play the game right? If you are unhappy with the direction, your life will whether you buy it or not. There is no justification for stealing something that hundreds of people spent years of their lives creating.

Yeah Thievery is stupid.

But I agree with his statement about saving the world. I am so incredibly tired of games where you save the world and/or where the reason for all the events of the game are mystical or demonic in nature.

You can play an awesome game filled with political strife and civil war and then it devolves into a ****ty story about how the body snatching Simulcrae possessed the king of Jimjab and started the whole war!

I remember playing one game way back when. You have this awesome game with stealth and ninja gadgets where you actually have to play stealthy. The first few levels are cool things like taking care of greedy merchants, and silencing a rogue employee. And then you get to the final levels and it turns into an undead hack and slash where you have to kill the Demon King.

For once I'd like a game where you were dealing with a semi-realistic situation propelled solely by the denizens of the world, not an otherwordly magical force.

From what I understand there will be family feuds and political intrigue. Of course there'll be the save the world stuff as well. Though if I play as the Alienage elf, I'm going to try to sabotage the nazi humans as much as possible.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Yeah, it's not like just because a game has ana overarhcing plot of save x from big bad that its totally devoid of more 'human' or 'personal' type story. Games like BG, KOTOR, ME, FF (most of them), and a bunch of others are actually capable of doing both. OMGZ!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I remember playing one game way back when. You have this awesome game with stealth and ninja gadgets where you actually have to play stealthy. The first few levels are cool things like taking care of greedy merchants, and silencing a rogue employee. And then you get to the final levels and it turns into an undead hack and slash where you have to kill the Demon King.

Tenchu? IIRC, supernatural has always been an element in the series. It's about fictional ninjas afterall.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds