The Community is 5 Years Old

Fionavar

My fanfic is going to rule so hard. I can't even divulge what kinds of awesome it will entail but trust me your going to love it Fio. It'll be subtle and in good taste though. :ermm:

Also where are these pictures that need captions or are they released in Feb?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

All specific information will be released in the first few days of February.

We are going to keep the fanfic instructions as open as possible, as long as they pertain to an Obsidian gameworld, but details are still being ironed out.

It won't be just Fio you have to impress slug. I expect lots of kinky :ermm:

:Sigh: I don't have a writing program on this thing. Guess I'll have to try the screen shot contest.

Also I still think there should be a bar fight between forumites on the standard lines (Taks and GD and co. on one side, (I wish I could say me), Sand, Volo, and the other vocal liberals on the other side.)

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wait, you don't have notepad?

And we have a bar fight every week.

I have notepad but that's crap for writing anything other than a note (god formating in that thing is horrible)

I'm saying take one of our bar fights, and have characters with our names carry it out IN GAME.

Or something that recognizes the group that's been here a while, Maybe have an Ender character run out of the bar in a rage over what one of the others said, which brings about arguing over who was right and then it degenerates to the point of a brawl that the PC must extricate themselves.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If one is hoping to relying on formatting to sell the story ... well don't expect to see the submission other than insulation on the Roost ...

:ermm:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I have notepad but that's crap for writing anything other than a note (god formating in that thing is horrible)

I'm saying take one of our bar fights, and have characters with our names carry it out IN GAME.

Or something that recognizes the group that's been here a while, Maybe have an Ender character run out of the bar in a rage over what one of the others said, which brings about arguing over who was right and then it degenerates to the point of a brawl that the PC must extricate themselves.

Notepad isn't quite so bad with word wrap at full screen. Have a go. :ermm:

Satires of Obsidian forumites are a valid topic for the fanfic contest.

Open Office, Calax. That's what I use. And it's free.

Congrats fora. Woo!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

All specific information will be released in the first few days of February.

We are going to keep the fanfic instructions as open as possible, as long as they pertain to an Obsidian gameworld, but details are still being ironed out.

It won't be just Fio you have to impress slug. I expect lots of kinky :p

The only game I've played is kotor 2 though. :'(

My story will persevere somehow.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

May I enter the competition with a fanfic written in Swedish?

Think it over carefully, it's either that or a ****load of ****-related screenshot captions.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I am thinking English would be preferable as it the lingua franca of the Squad and ensures that there is a commonality for us as a frame of reference Mkreku.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

In respect to SCi-Fi, consider inspiration between the eeriness of space to subversive spy with perhaps a touch of some Space Opera
Yay!

plagiarism will not be tolerated
Boo!

I will win. Oh yes, I will.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

...hehehe...should make fer some interestin' readin'...mayhaps a few o' the ol' BIS standard-bearers might e'en take a crack or two...;)

...so what does us that be celebratin' ours 10 years o' service 'round the end o' this year or so git??...a personalized Teeny Goat / Overseer voodoo doll signed by ol' Josh hisself...:)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I hate this thread.

Very good Kirottu, that was 4 words already :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein