New Obsidz Gaim?

Pop

We need a FATAL MMORPG.

One that KILLS the whole MMORPG genre?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

My wishlist, in no particular order:

- KotOR 3

- New WoD game, hopefully set in Paris or something that suits the 'gothic' vampire setting more than L.A.

- A new DnD game, set in where ever, except the sword coast.

- Viking RPG, exploring the Norse mythology. "Rune" did it right, albeit it was a, eh, First Person Slaugherfest?

- An RPG set in a Wagnerian world, closely reminiscing an opera, with the use of Neuschwansteinistic imagery and fused with the philosophies of Nietszche, Shopenhauer and Kant.

- Ninja RPG, set in Togukawa Japan. In a time of peace, there's a lot of room for deception and the use of Shinobi expertice is very beneficial. Expect the user to be tested on his or her loyalty, hindsight and their nature of being a professional assassin.

- Samurai RPG, set in timeperiod before the great battle at Sekigahara. Allows the user to test the relationship between the retainer and the master, explore the bushido code, and base ones moral on the to extent of ones sword; namely the legendary Muramasa (chaos, fierceness) or Masamune (benevolence, wisdom).

- A complete suprime; as in the player starts as a regular character living a regular life in a regular neighbourhood. The player can choose the sex, the appearance and some of the background, but they are restricted to the mundane ones. Such as being a garbageman, a dentist, engineer or a taxi driver. The player does not know what happens next, and the game is unravels itself into an amazing adventure RPG depending on the mundane choices in the beginning. The player doesn't even know of the levelling system, since the choice that effect the outcome comes from choosing which store to buy milk, whether to see a movie or whenever they go to work. This ofcourse requires a complete lockdown on how the story develops in terms of hype and marketing. Preferably, it would be none at all.

I was in charge, i would drive Obsidian to the ground within a year :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think they should make an horror platform game set in Jane Austen's books, that would be terrific idea. Just add zombies and you're ready to go.

Hell yeah! Add some bearded knights in spotted underwear as well, and we're ready to go!

"Ghosts & Beards: The Platform of Horror"

post-22622-1230637197_thumb.jpg

No seriously, I like that idea.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

- New WoD game, hopefully set in Paris or something that suits the 'gothic' vampire setting more than L.A.

- Ninja RPG, set in Togukawa Japan. In a time of peace, there's a lot of room for deception and the use of Shinobi expertice is very beneficial. Expect the user to be tested on his or her loyalty, hindsight and their nature of being a professional assassin.

- Samurai RPG, set in timeperiod before the great battle at Sekigahara. Allows the user to test the relationship between the retainer and the master, explore the bushido code, and base ones moral on the to extent of ones sword; namely the legendary Muramasa (chaos, fierceness) or Masamune (benevolence, wisdom).

I like all of these ideas if I couldn't get a Shadowrun RPG. Has anyone ever played an old game called Sword of the Samurai? It's kind of like a Samurai RPG that came out back in like 1989 or 90 or something. You can just google it and find places to download it but I think something like that with todays technology would be awfully awesome.

My OEI Wishlist:

- OEI version of WoD would be fracking awesome.

- NWN3 with a new engine!

- BGIII - Fear in the Ork's Eye technology!

- KotoR III

- Shadowrun

- D&D 4th ED Game

Though, my gut tells me Atari already approached CDProjeckt for either BGIII or NWN3 or a 4th ED D&D Game... or all 3.

KotoR III would be awesome, But I don't think it's going to happen.

Shadowrun would be cool as well, though OEI would need to get to know M$, as they own the license, and M$ would probably require it be a 360 exclusive.

Lastly, none of the 2 WoD games (Redemption and Bloodlines) never sold that well, nor warranted an expansion for either one. Which makes me a sad panda. White Wolf and Activision are probably not too excited to try another WoD game.

Edited by Jaesun

You people have no imagination, why should they do like boring crap when they could just do

4edf32b4-31ce-4dcd-ad22-ef566277bdb9arrested-development.jpg

-THE GAME

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Did anyone see the movie Wanted? I would love a setting like that too.. Where the player is some office rat that turns out to be able to train up his skills to almost super-human levels. And of course, everything would take place in a living, breathing city.. with vehicles. :D

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did anyone see the movie Wanted? I would love a setting like that too.. Where the player is some office rat that turns out to be able to train up his skills to almost super-human levels. And of course, everything would take place in a living, breathing city.. with vehicles. :D

The comic was so much better its not funny.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Fantasy RPG?

Do i smell an upcoming BGIII vs. IWDIII thread?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

God, I hope so .....

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

Leave D&D behind for crying out loud!

New IP!

Heja Sverige!!

I think the Shadowrun setting is rubbish, people only talk about it because they remember the nintendo game.

Most people probably only know the Nintendo game, which is a shame - the Sega Genesis version was a milestone in console RPGs in the '90's, but went fairly unrecognized by people who prefer jRPGs.

But seriously, it's unbelievably stupid. It was just some hoodlums sitting around in their basement going "We like D&D and we like Cyberpunk... how about we put them together? Like mustard on a custard pie!"

All settings are created that way, with someone's idea of "cool" colliding head on against other's notions that it "sucks".

Fantasy is dead, there will be no more D&D games for a looooong time, if ever.

The comic was so much better its not funny.

Yup, thats one more example of source material butchery. They completely and utterly missed the point of the comic. I dont even understand why they even used the license, all they used in the film was the title and two or three lines. Its like buying the license to superman and then making a film about a bicycle repairman.

The film, despite being a crapfeast in every single way, did have some entertaining action sequences though. So ludicrous that they made you giggle.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Exalted is the only P&P fantasy setting I'd like to see adapted into a cRPG.

Vampire: Dark Ages?

The license is 6 feet under along with the rest of the oWoD.

20795.jpg

Planet of the Dwarven Apes RPG.

Heja Sverige!!

So they don't have a publisher for it yet?

Perhaps it's D&D using the 4ed rules?

Does not compute. Atari holds the D&D license, and since the license is exclusive, nobody but them can publish a D&D-based video game.

20795.jpg