What you did today

Gorth

Installing a new hard drive in my primary PC. Goddamn hackers who make viruses. Now I have to wait several hours for the new OS to install and in the mean time, I need to find my CDs for the programs I need to reinstall.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It's really picky about PSUs

My mom wishes me to inform you that for the amount of money that you use to power your computer, you could set up a grow op in your house and instead of losing money, you could make money. Money to fund your obscene computer requirements. :)

dealing with stupid dramas at work

having to ring around to get someone to come fix the elevators

there was an earthquake earlier which seems to have knocked them out

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

My mom wishes me to inform you that for the amount of money that you use to power your computer, you could set up a grow op in your house and instead of losing money, you could make money. Money to fund your obscene computer requirements. :woot:

haha, yeah never get a 30" monitor, you'll blow so much $$$ on getting games to run smoothly on it. They sure do look pretty though (CoD5 @ 2560x1600 with 4xaa and 90fps+ at all times)

I just picked up a Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w, it's certified for 3x 280s, while my crappy old 1200w Decathlon was not. Also what's interesting is that the 280s were noisy on the old PSU, while they are dead silent on this one

Reading Deraldins post I imagine a fit middle aged women in tight pants and a leather jacket holding a tommy gun standing over a dead cuban man who tried to wrong her in a coke deal riddled with bullet holes and hundreds of shell casings littering the floor. Your mom is pretty bad ass dude.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I spent boxing day with my girlfriend's family. I was terrified to discover that two of the guys from The Office were there. Really very down to earth. Apparently, Steven Merchant is hung like a mule.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We're having a christmas party for our friends tonight. I'm set for an evening with booze, christmas candy, playing with the Wii and eating a lot of snacks.

And oh,

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

My mom wishes me to inform you that for the amount of money that you use to power your computer, you could set up a grow op in your house and instead of losing money, you could make money. Money to fund your obscene computer requirements. :down:

haha, yeah never get a 30" monitor, you'll blow so much $$$ on getting games to run smoothly on it. They sure do look pretty though (CoD5 @ 2560x1600 with 4xaa and 90fps+ at all times)

I just picked up a Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w, it's certified for 3x 280s, while my crappy old 1200w Decathlon was not. Also what's interesting is that the 280s were noisy on the old PSU, while they are dead silent on this one

This would work better. Unfortunately, it can probably also kill a small elephant that touches it in the wrong place. ;)

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

This would work better. Unfortunately, it can probably also kill a small elephant that touches it in the wrong place. ;)

If a small elephant touched me in the wrong place I'd kill it, too.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

went to a pretty crap gig

the venue was really small and the accoustics were terrible, and whoever was on sound for the band clearly had no idea what they were doing, and there were a whole bunch of douchebags there as well

2 of them in particular were pissing me off, and when they started pushing and shoving and trying to get a mosh pit started (at a goth gig...) i just had enough and promptly told them both to get the **** out

dunno what the hell happened then, but for some reason they started having a go at eachother and must have buggered off outside to beat the crap outta eachother (one can only hope i guess)

one bright side of the night was for the first time seeing my friend Julia drunk. i've known her for almost 3 years and had never seen it before

normally she's pretty quiet and reserved, but once she got drunk she was funny as hell. stumbling all over the place and kept trying to get me to dance with her ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I've been reading the Twilight series.

It's not crap, simply because of how its told in a non-cheesy way, but still pretty bad.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Reinstalling games and software onto my new hard drive. Oh joy.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

If a small elephant touched me in the wrong place I'd kill it, too.

:lol:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

My mom wishes me to inform you that for the amount of money that you use to power your computer, you could set up a grow op in your house and instead of losing money, you could make money. Money to fund your obscene computer requirements. :lol:

Don't you need a special socket for that? Usually the max you can pull from a socket is 1250w, and I think that's where I'm capped at

Don't you need a special socket for that? Usually the max you can pull from a socket is 1250w, and I think that's where I'm capped at

It has two AC plug ins, so I assume you could plug it in to two different outlets. See the 4th picture.

Its entirely possible, that might be why mine wouldn't work.