Fallout 3

Gorth

The interface is atrociously designed, too.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I miss an interface on a PC game that is designed for a mouse and keyboard setup.

Heja Sverige!!

8 hot keys is not enough.

Granted they are just a convenience for the gamer, since inventory rummaging pauses the game, but inventory rummaging is soo clunky, I hate having to go in there. Way too many filters and buttons and scrolling and clicking.

WHat was wrong with the tradtional paper doll with inventory slots again? I forget.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I just got out of vault 101, and it was pretty cool to just step out into the vast wasteland. The coolness was snuffed out by a freaking achievement, though. Also, the corridor nature of the vault and the generally bland design gave me bad Morrowind/Oblivion vibes.

I got an achievement for answering ten questions. What is up with that? It's like that achievement flash game, only without the sense of irony.

Heja Sverige!!

I just got out of vault 101, and it was pretty cool to just step out into the vast wasteland. The coolness was snuffed out by a freaking achievement, though. Also, the corridor nature of the vault and the generally bland design gave me bad Morrowind/Oblivion vibes.

I got an achievement for answering ten questions. What is up with that? It's like that achievement flash game, only without the sense of irony.

I didn't realize that you hadn't played it yet.

Cool.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I got like.. 850+ achievement points from just playing the game. There's no skill required in Fallout 3, you just have to do the quests and follow the story to "achieve" the points. But oddly enough I got used to the achievement sound and little graphic and after a while I enjoyed hearing/seeing it!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That can be annoying, but I was thinking about the GUI, myself.

Heja Sverige!!

Like an idiot I went and put all my points into energy weapons, expecting them to just drop out of thin air.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I think Big Guns is the way to go. COmbined with melee, Big Guns really rips it up.

Heh, turns out that the very rare energy weapons are effective, you just need to figure out where to find them. I hate cheating at exploration, but I need some sort of decent weaponry.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

After about level 10 you become good at almost everything anyway. But yes, I think FO3 is pretty good to Big Guns.

Big guns blow in Vats, but then Vats is a bit boring compared to real time barbecuing.

My preference is small guns, explosives and energy weapons. The energy weapons don't need to go that high, their damage once you get plasmas and whatnot make up for it, and of course the Alien blaster is almost automatically your most powerful weapon regardless of stats. The lazer pistols are a waste of time though.

The perk that raises big guns by 15 is useful, that way you can find them, use them, and toss them, conserving ammo and carry weight, while that is still an issue.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Big guns blow in Vats, but then Vats is a bit boring compared to real time barbecuing.

My preference is small guns, explosives and energy weapons. The energy weapons don't need to go that high, their damage once you get plasmas and whatnot make up for it, and of course the Alien blaster is almost automatically your most powerful weapon regardless of stats. The lazer pistols are a waste of time though.

The perk that raises big guns by 15 is useful, that way you can find them, use them, and toss them, conserving ammo and carry weight, while that is still an issue.

In the real time non-vats, Big Guns are pretty sick. The only real downside is ammo; they tend to burn through a lot and the various Big Gun ammos are not that common. But combined with a good melee weapon to take out minor enemies without wasting ammo, Big Guns really kicks.

The mingun really shreds enemies at medium range and with its massive ammo capacity reloading is rarely an issue. The flamer is devestating against charging enemies at close range and when used in conjunction with the dart gun, it is good night for deathclaws and other fast melee atatckers. The missile launcher doesn't pack a ton of damage given its slow rate of fire, but its ability to hit multiple enemies at range is awesome.

The gatling laser is just sick. Except for ammo, it is one stop shopping.

THe fat man, though powerful, is annoying because its range is so short. I've come close to blowing myself up a few times. Of all the Big Guns it is the one that I never really use.

I will say though that one of the best weapons I've found so far is the lowly and simple dart gun. I fell into the sewers by accident in Old Olney and that little dart gun (plus the flamer) saved my life and got me back out in one piece.

Really? In my playthrough, I found that at the same skill level, Assault Rifles and even Shotguns had a similar % to hit to Pistols and other small guns; with the exception of things like sniper rifles or machine guns, you were really well off using those 'medium' Big Guns in VATS because the bursts were really good at taking down enemy health at short-to-medium range.

It might be because I used the NMA Compendium mod that limits you to 1-2 shots/bursts per VATS.

Explosives were very useful in FO3, which I'm really happy with - the game would have been much less fun without lobbing grenades and setting mine trails.

edit: I didn't really use the BIG big guns much though, since with low str I never had enough weight allowance. And the Fat Man I just tossed away every time I found it. The flamer was fun though.

Big guns ftw.

lol

post-378-1238721600_thumb.png

OH SHI-

The great thing about the miningun (and gatling laser as well) is that you can spray your damage across multple targets and swing from one to the next without letting the barrel spin down when you play in real time. SIngle shot weapons, while great for plinking away, are somewhat useless in real time since you are either a) getting simultanoeusly attacked by multiple enemies or B) getting charge by a powerful melee fighter. When a death claw targets you, you get one shot while they are closing, then they are right on top of you. SIngle shot weapions are pretty useless there, even the high damage ones.

In all honesty though, if I had to play the whole game with only one weapon, it would be the shiskabob. It is without question the best real time combat weapon in the game. At least the best that I have found so far.

The super sledge was a huge disappointment.