Fallout 3

Gorth

None of the companions survived long with me. :huh:

They would usually do something really stupid and get shot up/ blown to pieces.

Jericho seems to be built of pig iron. Give him a fairly well fixed up suit of power armor and a heavy weapon and the guys a tank. Literally. Out of all the followers hes seems to die, use poor tactics rarely. The others.. I agree.. are more or less fodder and you need to baby sit them. I am using a mod that makes buttercup a follower. She lasted quite a long time as well however she got mauled by 3 of those yuan-whatever you call them.. the mutated bears (I am assuming) And I decided it was a legit attack how she died, they simply all decided to attack/charge her and we couldn't kill them fast enough to save her. So sadly she had to be replaced as they got at least one critical on her and her head exploded.... (I am using the mod to increase spawn amounts on average by 150%, up to 300% more, so 2 followers does even things out fairly)

Also on a side but related note where do I go to access the operation anchorage add-in I bought?

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Well he ran over a mine and survived. And I noticed that health regen, too.

I also noticed that he has one green eye and one blue eye.

All followers after combat regen health at a fairly decent pace. They only need to use stims during battle if they are getting mauled and need help. Give each of the followers like 2 dozen stims and they are good for quite some time.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I found dogmeat to be stupidly tough (npcs seem to also have insta health regeneration after combat is over).

Actually many folks complained on the official and community forums that dogmeat was fodder. I never used him so I don't know, just making the point most of the feedback I have read about him has been the opposite of your travels. Several mods are out there that make him a bit tougher and smarter.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

I found Harold. It was cool of the Beth guys to bring him back. But that whole scenario felt more like something that belonged in the Shivering Isles not in Fallout 3.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They really ran with the Vault-Tec-as-social-experimenters to an extent that I don't think Black Isle would have (indeed, Van Buren was mostly free of vaults in general) but it's still fun and interesting to explore the old vaults. The atmosphere in the vaults is 1000x more prominent than that of anything in Oblivion.

Would it have killed them to include a vault that hasn't been deserted or raided aside from 101, though? And isn't it a little peculiar that Vault 101 is apparently known to absolutely everyone in the wasteland (Vault 13 was little more than a myth to Shady Sands, which was just as close to 13 as Megaton was to 101) and yet nobody has deigned to try and crack it? Aren't vaults supposed to be tech goldmines?

One thing I never fully understood about the 'social experiment' metaplot in FO. So NONE of the vaults were supposed to be real shelters, they were all supposed to be a covert experiment? If that's the case then vault-tec never really thought a war would happen? Or if it did it didn't care if humans lived or self destructed? Who is going to care about the results of these experiments if the world and they as a company are nothing but ash anyways? I never got the logic in that metaplot of the story.

But I do agree they did take the experiment sub-story a little too far.

correction, the raiders in the school nearby were trying to get into vault 101 by mining to it via the underground. But that fairly smart way of getting to it, as been stated many times, the door of the vaults are so tough even a near direct nuclear blast has only a 3% chance of failure. So really what are the outsiders options to get in? Who cares if everyone knows about it, they have no means to force their way in. That's like saying everyone knows about the fort knox gold reserves, why hasn't any thief gotten to it. Same difference.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

So NONE of the vaults were supposed to be real shelters, they were all supposed to be a covert experiment?

Dozens of vaults are left unaccounted for in Fallout lore, to allow for mods and sequels, and also to allow for some 'normal' vaults. I agree it's not the most plausible premise to play with humanity's future like that, but it makes for some good story, so I'm fine with it - as loong as they don't go too far with it. I think FO3 went slightly overboard, like a joke told one time too many.

Experiments on vault citizens wouldn't have been unusual during the 50's and 60's. America experimented on its own citizens and soldiers without their knowing it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Exactly, but to do so with the majority or a significant percentage of the Vaults? I think in FO lore the pre-war people considered the Vaults only one of several programs likely to survive the apocalypse, though.

correction, the raiders in the school nearby were trying to get into vault 101 by mining to it via the underground. But that fairly smart way of getting to it, as been stated many times, the door of the vaults are so tough even a near direct nuclear blast has only a 3% chance of failure. So really what are the outsiders options to get in? Who cares if everyone knows about it, they have no means to force their way in. That's like saying everyone knows about the fort knox gold reserves, why hasn't any thief gotten to it. Same difference.

Well I mean, we have a government and social structure that is different than what it is in the post war Fallout game world. Also I'm pretty sure part of the reason people aren't stealing money from fort knox is because of how heavily guarded it is. I mean we have laws, and repercussions of certain actions. In fallout you can walk around with an assault rifle and just shoot people, and it's a lot harder to be tracked down. In fallout there are a lot less repurcussions for actions. In fallout if you break into a vault and kill a bunch of people it's going to be easier to get away with than robbing fort knox. I mean, yeah I'm sure they can't get into the Vault, but the reason they aren't robbing the vault isn't the same reason people aren't robbing Fort Knox right now. I just think it's a ridiculous comparison.

Experiments on vault citizens wouldn't have been unusual during the 50's and 60's. America experimented on its own citizens and soldiers without their knowing it.

I'm rolling my eyes at you

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/archives/Press...axDogHuddle.jpg

Purebred blue heelers (Australian cattle dogs) have dark eyes, but heterochromia is common among them as well as in Australian shepherds.

The game abounds with Mad max references. The male leather armor skin, thats Max's. The scoped magnum, the mad max 2 boss had one, and of course Mad Max 3 had a community of kids as well talking in their own made up dialect. Don't remember if they called the grown ups 'mongos' or not.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

No that actually did happen. There are instances with army and air force volunteers that are public knowledge, and it's highly unlikely that there haven't been tests performed on domestic and foreign civilian individuals or populations that are not public knowledge. That's how the world works.

Edited by Pop

I found dogmeat to be stupidly tough (npcs seem to also have insta health regeneration after combat is over).

Actually many folks complained on the official and community forums that dogmeat was fodder. I never used him so I don't know, just making the point most of the feedback I have read about him has been the opposite of your travels. Several mods are out there that make him a bit tougher and smarter.

That's nice, you read about people that had a different experience than I did.

I never had a problem keeping dogmeat alive. I didn't find him until later in the game, so maybe that was why?

Maybe if I went balls to the wall and ensured I was always in combat. He helped me raid several military bases.

Speaking of which, where is Dogmeat?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No that actually did happen. There are instances with army and air force volunteers that are public knowledge, and it's highly unlikely that there haven't been tests performed on domestic and foreign civilian individuals or populations that are not public knowledge. That's how the world works.

Leave me be!

That's nice, you read about people that had a different experience than I did.

I never had a problem keeping dogmeat alive. I didn't find him until later in the game, so maybe that was why?

Maybe if I went balls to the wall and ensured I was always in combat. He helped me raid several military bases.

Yeah Dogmeat always dies really easily with me

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Speaking of which, where is Dogmeat?

One of my characters found him on the street near Bigtown.

Several of them found him in the scrapyard just east of Meresti trainyard.

So there's is some randomness to his appearance.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/archives/Press...axDogHuddle.jpg

Purebred blue heelers (Australian cattle dogs) have dark eyes, but heterochromia is common among them as well as in Australian shepherds.

Thanks, Josh. That's cool.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's usually always the scrapyard. And yeah as I'm running through the wilderness he usually like, runs off and gets into a fight with something while I'm not watching him and ends up dying. So I'm sure if I payed more attention to what he was doing he wouldn't die so easily.

Well I mean, we have a government and social structure that is different than what it is in the post war Fallout game world. *SNIP*

And you are totally missing the point. Perhaps not the best example but I promise you the #1 reason folks don't try to steal from fort knox is the fact they highly doubt they can get past the fortifications, even professional mercs and thieves who are not so worried about society laws. None the less that was the point I was trying to get at, why bother try to get into something you can't possibly do. Hence why there are almost no folks trying to do just that as the OP inquired about.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

I promise you the #1 reason folks don't try to steal from fort knox is the fact they highly doubt they can get past the fortifications

You know, normally I'd agree with you. Except that deterrence has been shown to not be all that effective at other aspects of our lives.

I guess since the odds of success are virtually zero there's no point in trying. I wonder if murder would go down if people felt the odds of successfully murdering someone was essentially zero (since the penalty for murder doesn't seem to affect it a whole lot).

I guess since the odds of success are virtually zero there's no point in trying.

Exactly my point why folks don't try to get into vaults.

My other question on this topic is after the 20 yrs and many vaults opened why didn't some of the populations say screw this.. its frakked out there lets go back in the vault. Or at the very least live in the vault (like a under ground city) and open the doors to traders and such. They can still interact with the world but live in the comfort and safety of the vault?

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

I imagine the reason most folks don't commit crimes of any kind is the fear of getting caught and punished, regardless of the specifics of the crime. Which would mean for most the thought of robbing Fort Know is about as realistic as robbing their local bank.

In the world of Fallout, people won't have that fear.

Edited by Hell Kitty

I'm starting to get bored. I think I made too many low-level characters.

Really, I've said it before and I'll say it again. The combat is really poor and hard to enjoy, though I've tried. Even tried using VATS, but that is so static and tedious that it is completely intolerable.

They should have made this a real FPS like STALKER. It would have been great.