Top 10 Televsion Characters

Volourn

He did a hilarious lawyer in Arrested Development.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ooo oooh, can we please have a discussion on which Star Trek captain was the best. I would buy a ticket to see than one. ;)

There would definitly be some cut and paste material there.

In all seriousness, Star Trek in all it's iterations has brought some very engaging stories but the characters have always struck me as flat. DS9 was an exception some of the time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, Janeway would win :p Or Picard. Maybe Sisko. Or Kirk, for old times' sake. Or Archer, because he was well played.

The Doctor (don't ask me which version - that's a whole other list)
Yes. Unless you don't mean the one from Voyager ;)

Also, the whole group (except maybe the Doctor?) from Firefly.

Professor Farnsworth and Bender (Futurama)

There aren't many TV-shows I've watched more than two episodes...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Yes. Unless you don't mean the one from Voyager ;)

i took it to mean The Doctor from Dr. Who.

Professor Farnsworth and Bender (Futurama)

i should add that i have the first 2 direct2dvd movies (bender's big score, the beast with a billion backs) and the third (bender's game) is on its way from amazon. we won't watch it till xmas night, however, as it is part of john's big movie/ps3 game package gift.

i first saw the guy that plays michael westen from burn notice on the last or next to last season of crossing jordan. not a bad show with some fair characters. we mostly watched it because of the independent, empowered woman aspect for my wife. anyway, he was good in that role, too.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Thomas Magnum, Lt. Columbo, Al Bundy, and Archie Bunker have all been mentioned.

I'll add Jim Rockford, of The Rockford Files--basically the greatest TV private detective of all time.

Jim_Rockford.jpg

And Omar Little, of The Wire. He's the most bad ass character in what is, without a doubt, the greatest achievement in television of this decade.

l9341439925_3241.jpg

Plus one more:

sledgehammer0.jpg

If you know who this is, you know why he's great.

Ooo oooh, can we please have a discussion on which Star Trek captain was the best. I would buy a ticket to see than one. ;)

The thing is that everyone knows Jean-Luc Picard/Patrick Stewart is the ultimate captain, but people like to argue so some people pretend they like someone else better.

Edward James Olmos as William Adama in BSG is an awesome captain aswell but he doesnt have the same charm and character as Picard.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Plus one more:

sledgehammer0.jpg

If you know who this is, you know why he's great.

Sledge Hammer was so awesome!

Heja Sverige!!

Ooo oooh, can we please have a discussion on which Star Trek captain was the best. I would buy a ticket to see than one. :lol:

The thing is that everyone knows Jean-Luc Picard/Patrick Stewart is the ultimate captain, but people like to argue so some people pretend they like someone else better.

Edward James Olmos as William Adama in BSG is an awesome captain aswell but he doesnt have the same charm and character as Picard.

Yes, until that regrettable day that happens to all adults, when you have to admit to yourself that Star Trek simply doesn't rate.

Until that day, Picard is the bestest captain.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Charley from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This is a slept-on show and the funniest thing on television right now (just finished their 4th season).

Six (the Cylon) from Battlestar Galactica!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Yeah, but he makes up for it in grit and intensity.

Add to my list:

Data from ST:TNG

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

1. The Doctor (all of them) (Doctor Who)

2. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

3. Dr. Rodney McKay (Stargate)

4. Cameron (Terminator- Sarah Conner Chronicles)

5. Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS)

6. Abigail Sciuto (NCIS)

7. River Tam (Firefly)

8. Spike (Buffy/Angel)

9. Motoko (Ghost in The Shell- Stand Alone Complex)

10. Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood)

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Those of you who listed any Joss Whedon related characters will be shot immediately.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Visc mentioned Malcolm Reynolds, and I agree with him.

Actually, I was never a Joss Whedon fan, as I've always considered Buffy, well, mostly crap(except for the geeky lesbianism. Geeky lesbians are always awesome). But, along came Firefly, and now I think Whedon is made of awesome and win. It really had kick ass characters, both due to the script and the generally spot on acting. The only character in Firefly that came out somewhat half arsed was Inara, and that was just because the chick who played her couldn't act even if her life depended on it.

Heja Sverige!!

Its a scientific fact that watching more than a few minutes of Angel at one time will make you permanently gay. The CIA wanted to use it to torture prisoners at Abu Ghraib but even Cheney deemed it to vile an act to allow it.

Also, in 2002, an entire canadian village commited collective suicide after being accidentally exposed to the audio of a Firefly episode that was broadcasted locally over AM radio by Al-qaeda terrorists. The horrendously bad themesong was actually written and recorded by Whedon as part of a satanic ritual performed in the Manson family ranch. Listening to the song will cause bleeding from the ears and nose, aswellas as severe cases of haemorroids and the comming of armageddon.

Those of you who listed any Joss Whedon related characters will be shot immediately.

Well, that appears not to have happened.

Buffy is iconic and needs no defence. :lol:

Buffy would kick Kaftans butt anytime :lol:

The series was never my cup of tea though. I sort of liked Angel, at least the first two seasons that I did get to see of it. I just don't watch that much tv anymore (I even got one of my entries wrong, Finding Nemo featuring movie characters, not television characters). Life is too short to watch tv :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein