Top 10 Televsion Characters

Volourn

Who do you feel were lesser replacements?

Col. Blake ---> Col. Potter (Potter was better IMO)

I cant remember Burns but was his replacement Winchester?

All the rest of the staples were there for the whole run, no? (Radar, Hot Lips, Klingar). Who was it that was Haweye's sidekick? He changed once, right?

Trapper to Hunnicut was a step down.

Blake to Potter was a step down.

Burns to Winchester was a huge step down.

Radar was funny. Hotlips and Mulcahy had their moments. Klingar was one joke that got old fast.

Speaking of steps down, anybody remember the laugh this guy got when he first stepped down out of the dispatcher cage?

taxitvposter005.jpg

Edited by Enoch

Trapper to Hunnicut was a step down.

Blake to Potter was a step down.

Burns to Winchester was a huge step down.

I agree

Radar was funny. Hotlips and Mulcahy had their moments. Klingar was one joke that got old fast.

I loved them all and had no problems with any of them. You could argue it's the best ensemble cast in the history of TV!

I also loved recurring characters -

Maj. Sidney Freedman

Col. Samuel Flagg

Ho-Jon

Capt. Oliver Harmon 'Spearchucker' Jones

10. The crazy genius guy from Law and Order: Criminal Intent ( I could really do a separate Law and Order list)

bobby goren played by vincent d'onofrio. he's one of my favorite actors in general, though this character in particular. new season starts january 9, btw.

fry and bender from futurama. i have my 5-year old son quoting both of them now. we were driving in the car the other day and there was some soundbite on the radio taken from a futurama episode and john suddenly exclaimed "now just hold on a second! that was futurama!" :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

As the show progressed, he became much more involved and influential, and the series suffered for it.

alan alda was about as cynical about war (in general) as one could possibly be, and yes, it came through when he started writing and directing. there's even a futurama episode that spoofs him switching (literally) between comedy and drama. of course, MASH was a cynical anti-war show to begin with, but it was originally supposed to be about the vietnam war, not the korean war. guess they were worried about pissing off the recent vietnam vets.

*If I judged my entertainment by the actors/key figures political beliefs I would never watch another movie or TV show. :thumbsup:

my list of actors that i can stomach has shrunk over the years. fortunately, i never liked jane fonda, susan sarandon or tim robbins to begin with (well, jacob's ladder was good).

taks

Grissom from CSI

Carla and Coach from Cheers

The whole cast from Seinfeld

Charlie Harper from 2 1/2 Men

Switek & Zito from Miami Vice

Colonel Klink & Sgt Shultz from Hogans Heroes

Bommer/Athena/#8 from BSG

Capt. Sisko from DS9

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Your pic doesnt display for me but you can only be talking about Danny Divito of Taxi fame.

The perils of hotlinking. I edited in a replacement.

Speaking of hot:

MagnumPI.jpg

Edited by Enoch

Your pic doesnt display for me but you can only be talking about Danny Divito of Taxi fame.

The perils of hotlinking. I edited in a replacement.

Speaking of hot:

magnum_thomas7a.jpg

Wasn't that the life we ALL wanted as kids?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

my list of actors that i can stomach has shrunk over the years. fortunately, i never liked jane fonda, susan sarandon or tim robbins to begin with (well, jacob's ladder was good).

taks

Jane Fonda might be the exception to my rule. Using celebrity to spout uninformed political opinions is one thing, but sitting on a weapon that is used to fire upon US soldiers is unforgivable. Blech.

Jane Fonda belongs on that AA gun about as much as the American intervention belonged in Vietnam.

It's interesting to note why an AA gun is symbolic, considering the enormous toll on infrastructure, and the civilian cost of the consecutive bombing campaigns.

Are you agreeing with her actions?

It's one thing to disagree with the war, and even protesting the war. Her actions went above and beyond that.

Just like it is one thing to hate your parents and not attend their funerals, but getting on the coffin as it is lowered into the ground and whooping in glee is in very poor taste.

the issue with the war wasn't the point, it was how actor/actress political positions effect the ability to watch their movies/shows without throwing up. what jane did was not just reprehensible, it was treasonous.

interestingly, i don't recall henry being as poltically outspoken (though he was a veteran). he came from a different time, however.

taks

A long time ago I used to use the TV as an alarm clock. Anyway, I had to get up at 5 a.m. most of the time back then so I set the TV to 4:45. It was on a local channel and the local news came on at 5. Gunsmoke was on from 4-5. I used the hate the sound of James Arness's (he played Marshall Dillion) voice because than meant it was time to wake up.

Thomas Sowell