Suggestions for NWN2 NX3

Considering the combination of contents in terms of feats, classes and races up to NX2 is alot, I think the third expansion should focus less on adding such contents but rather focus on adding new gameplay contents similar to the overland man that the community could use it with ease on their own modules or PWCs.

So an idea I mentioned in the Zehir thread was fulfilling the horse gameplay content in the game that NWN2 was initially intended for. This itself add a new dynamics in gameplay as well as enhancing the gameplay system by the community via mods.

Otherwise I do not mind if the third expansion takes the opportunity to enhance 'immersive' aesthetical contents in the game like The Witcher did such as providing new armor/weapon designs in the game, new or revised 'action' animations in social or combat mode ect. Though the community would prefer such contents to be released for free instead as the Witcher had done it.

Since Storm of Zehir has gone Gold, it is now in a fixed state.

Wait what? How the hell did i miss that?

In any case, whoppee!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would like some more races in general. I don't care about more subraces. Give me more fantastical character classes and make it matter. I want different people to react differently depending on what race i am. It always bothered me in the NWN2 how the guards outside the keep try to kill neeshka and then me as another demonic hybrid can walk in the front door with her and no one bats an eye.

I would like some more races in general. I don't care about more subraces. Give me more fantastical character classes and make it matter. I want different people to react differently depending on what race i am. It always bothered me in the NWN2 how the guards outside the keep try to kill neeshka and then me as another demonic hybrid can walk in the front door with her and no one bats an eye.

You do realize, of course, that, as the number of races rises, the chances that the developers will have enough time and resources to create unique content for all of them falls dramatically?

I'll wait until I've seen the SoZ content before I decide what kind if things I want to see in a new expansion (which may or may not be a good idea at this point).

Why not Neverwinter Nights 3?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

New engine.

Absolutely. Source comes to mind, plus I heard good things about this Unreal engine also.

Kobold PCs.

:x

Maybe the new engine they developed for the Alien game?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Unreal 3 is awesum. Source is overrated. Dragon Age engine has weird walking characters. Onyx engine... has a nice name, I guess. That's all we know.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

There are enough races and subraces and such in the game now. I say add content to expand on the ones we currently have. More appearance customization, a plethora of race specific quests and such. Maybe have the story deal with one of the dwarven or elven kingdoms so we can see something from a not so human viewpoint. I'd also like to see another expanded Crossroad Keep type feature. Maybe building from an initial settlement up to a fortified castle town throughout the game.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You do realize, of course, that, as the number of races rises, the chances that the developers will have enough time and resources to create unique content for all of them falls dramatically?

I'll wait until I've seen the SoZ content before I decide what kind if things I want to see in a new expansion (which may or may not be a good idea at this point).

Oh i completely understand. My priority would be to make each race noticeable by the NPCs and have corresponding dialog. The new races are a far secondary. Though if they do add new races i would prefer new more interesting races then what they seem to be doing like adding another type of elf, or dwarf, or half elf. I mean how many people honestly truly desire to play as 6 different types of elves? They just have some minor stat adjustments and do not effect dialog in any fashion as opposed to the other subraces.

Yeah, i am greatly looking forward to SoZ, i like the overworld map content and the trade routes. Should be very interesting.

An expansion pack that completely turns on playing evil characters.

From over-the-top Mwu-ha-ha comic book evil to sinister, pretending-to-be-someone-else evil. Choose the path of the evil warlord, dark mage aspiring to lich-hood, spy-master rogue or demonic cult-building cleric.

To make it even better, and unlike vanilla D&D, try stuff like: the fighter / warrior path might involve leading the orc horde as an orc PC. And I'm not one of those people who usually plays an evil character, either, I just think that Obsidian would take this ball and run with it better than most other developers.

No Drow though. Or Underdark. Please.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I just wish they'd stay away from D&D, and FR in particular, for the next 10 years.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I would really be surprised if they continued working with NWN2 at all. They've got two other projects that are rapidly moving towards completion (Alpha Protocal 2009, Aliens 2010?) and it's probably time to get to work on their next project, which I doubt will be a NWN project (although it might be D&D.)

Why not Neverwinter Nights 3?

Because WotC would force Obsidian to use to 4E ruleset. :sorcerer:

That might work... right?

I would really be surprised if they continued working with NWN2 at all. They've got two other projects that are rapidly moving towards completion (Alpha Protocal 2009, Aliens 2010?) and it's probably time to get to work on their next project, which I doubt will be a NWN project (although it might be D&D.)

How many people actually play DND RPGs anymore? Doesn't seem like a huge market.