What you did today

Gorth

I'm pleased that so many Americans voted, and I'm pleased that there was little covert racism. I'm pleased that there has been a change of administration, and that there will be an opportunity to re-brand America in the eyes of the world. I'm glad that we have a new man, and a black man in the presidency.

However, my principle concern at this time is the same that prompted many to vote McCain. Is this PARTICULAR new man, and black man, the RIGHT man for the world right now? What really are his plans? What will his rhetoric (which is no different from any other president) really translate into?

I am worried about this because of the regular ordinary dangers. Obama may lack the courage and skil to navigate out of the economic crisis in a sustainable way. Obama may lack the courage and conviction necessary to complete the essential work being done in Iraq and Afghanistan. But almost more importantly he may betray the confidence and hope of his supporters, which would deal a savage blow to the fragile seedlings of political involvement in the USA. That would be more severe because a generation without political hope would lead to a generation of more terrible politicians. It is more likely because I don't see how a man who stood for so few specifics can possibly satisfy all his adherents.

But I'll still drink to his success.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just failed my road test because apparently I was speeding in a school zone which is total bull****. I saw the sign. I also saw the one below it that said that it's only a 40km/h zone when the lights are flashing. The lights were not flashing, so I kept going. I also apparently didn't look left/right at every intersection/turn I went through which is utter garbage.

At least the tester wasn't the old hag that I had last time so the trip was slightly more pleasant.

went to shadowplay last night - it's a monthly goth gig type thingy

got surprised as hell when a friend of mine walked in. i've known her for like 3 years and she's always been almost like a little sister to me, but last night she walked in with dyed red hair, an awesome red corset, leather skirt, and kick ass knee high red boots. she looked bloody amazing and it blew me away :o

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

It's girls' night out. They've been at it for 6 hours now. I'm supposed to go pick the missus up around 4 in the morning, which is two hours away.

Bloody hell, I've been up ever since the election results rolled in. Need moar sleep!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest The Architect

Oh, she's pulling the old "girls night out" on you, is she? She told me that was her favourite lie to tell you... while she was in bed with me. :shifty:

went to shadowplay last night - it's a monthly goth gig type thingy

got surprised as hell when a friend of mine walked in. i've known her for like 3 years and she's always been almost like a little sister to me, but last night she walked in with dyed red hair, an awesome red corset, leather skirt, and kick ass knee high red boots. she looked bloody amazing and it blew me away :o

You didn't finish the story. Is that because you know the ending is too predictable? I suppose she blew you away in the end, am I right?

i didn't sleep with her - that'd just be weird

as i said, she's been almost like a little sister to me, and i've never ever thought of her like that

so seeing her looking really really hot surprised the hell outta me

Guest The Architect

So Xard's been gone for over a month. For him to have been gone that long, he must be dead, I can't think of another reason why he'd be away this long, not a reason that isn't satirical anyway. So if he is dead, then that's terrible. If that's the case, we, here at Obsidian, have lost a truly wonderful person.

as i said, she's been almost like a little sister to me, and i've never ever thought of her like that

Yeah, I know what you mean - I've got a friend like that too. Glad you didn't sleep with her though, as that might have ruined your friendship. ;(

EDIT: Maybe Xard got an alt or two? :ermm:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Maybe he got a female companion.....

HAHAHAHAAHAHh

Good one slug, good one.

I love you

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Played Gears of War for the first time today.

Also noticed that the Obsidian clocks are off by an hour. Apparently they only observe daylight savings time.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Maybe he got a female companion.....

It wouldn't be the first time. Trust me.

On nerd social life, I came back from a loooong students and lecturers social outing which I hosted. Sleep nao.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

so i went to the Fetish Ball and it was absolutely awesome

great atmosphere and some really cool acts - people getting tied up/suspended/etc

then yesterday met up with a girl from work and went to the Erotica Expo

some girl got accidentally sliced on the arm in the middle of the jelly wrestling when she tackled the other chick and her arm caught on her bracelet

so i went to the Fetish Ball and it was absolutely awesome

great atmosphere and some really cool acts - people getting tied up/suspended/etc

then yesterday met up with a girl from work and went to the Erotica Expo

some girl got accidentally sliced on the arm in the middle of the jelly wrestling when she tackled the other chick and her arm caught on her bracelet

:biggrin:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I am now a homeowner!

We closed on the new house last Friday, and moved on Saturday. It still feels all weird, like we're on some kind of vacation where we happen to have brought everything we own. But making the commute into work this morning (which is only about 10 minutes longer than it was before) probably helps start up a new routine. And, hopefully, the cable/internet hookup will go OK today (the wife is at home taking care of that-- she gets more paid vacation time at her job than I do) so we won't feel quite so cut off from the outside world.

The move went OK. 2 complications: First, the boxspring for our bed ("queen" size) would not fit up the stairs into the master bedroom (which I probably should have foreseen). So, yesterday we went to buy a King-sized bed (which uses 2 twin-size boxsprings) which will be delivered later in the week. (We got a nice deal from a warehouse/overstock seller because it had a small hole poked in the fabric on the side.) The second, more amusing complication happened when the movers had finished and were getting ready to leave-- they locked the keys to the moving truck in the cargo area. They apparently had some kind of hammer and chisel in the cab of the truck, though, and spent 20 minutes using that to knock the padlock off of the rear door.

After moving to a different town for my new job, i have now been assigned to do some work for the rest of the week in the very same town that i moved from.

Now i will experience the city that i lived in for several years as an university student now as a businessman instead; living in a nice hotel with full accomodation. Might broaden ones horizon a bit.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've been hunting for clothes for a seventies party I'm attending this Saturday. My goal is to come up with something like this:

LK_front.jpg

I think it would suit me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

After moving to a different town for my new job, i have now been assigned to do some work for the rest of the week in the very same town that i moved from.

Now i will experience the city that i lived in for several years as an university student now as a businessman instead; living in a nice hotel with full accomodation. Might broaden ones horizon a bit.

sounds very cool. what kind of stuff do you do?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

went to the new warren miller film "children of winter" saturday evening. it's pretty cool. one of the skiers in the film, billy poole, a renowned extreme skier, died during filming in utah in january of this year. they had a really nice tribute to him during his bit near the end.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I am now a homeowner!

We closed on the new house last Friday, and moved on Saturday. It still feels all weird, like we're on some kind of vacation where we happen to have brought everything we own. But making the commute into work this morning (which is only about 10 minutes longer than it was before) probably helps start up a new routine. And, hopefully, the cable/internet hookup will go OK today (the wife is at home taking care of that-- she gets more paid vacation time at her job than I do) so we won't feel quite so cut off from the outside world.

The move went OK. 2 complications: First, the boxspring for our bed ("queen" size) would not fit up the stairs into the master bedroom (which I probably should have foreseen). So, yesterday we went to buy a King-sized bed (which uses 2 twin-size boxsprings) which will be delivered later in the week. (We got a nice deal from a warehouse/overstock seller because it had a small hole poked in the fabric on the side.) The second, more amusing complication happened when the movers had finished and were getting ready to leave-- they locked the keys to the moving truck in the cargo area. They apparently had some kind of hammer and chisel in the cab of the truck, though, and spent 20 minutes using that to knock the padlock off of the rear door.

Congrats! Is the house new or did you by from an owner?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Congrats! Is the house new or did you by from an owner?

Thanks. The house was built 43 years before I was born. Their isn't much room for new single-family homes inside the Beltway-- the only new construction you see is on lots where the previous house has been torn down. We're in a rather nice neighborhood, though, and the place has been well maintained (with the exception of the detatched 1-car garage, which badly needs a new roof, and possibly wholesale reframing, too).