Fable 2 scores 10/10 on Eurogamer...

Nightshape

If you're going to use this analogy, name ANY game that you think deserves a 10. There can't be many.

Off the top of my head:

Games that are definitely "10/10s."

Fallout 2

Fallout

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines*

Games that might be "10/10s."

Portal

The Witcher

Baldur's Gate II

Baldur's Gate

Planescape: Torment

Arcanum

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Shadow of Chernobyl*

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky*

:ermm:

*If bugs are not taken into account.

Edited by Strix
securom2gu8.png

Though no one in this thread has played the game, we all know very well that it sucks.

And what evidence do you have that it sucks? you readily admit that you haven't played the game so are you going by the "it sucks until proven otherwise" frame of mind or are you just making a snap judgement before ever even touching the thing like a certain group of people who said that there was full frontal nudity in Mass Effect?

:ermm:

I take it sarcasm is not your native language.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Though no one in this thread has played the game, we all know very well that it sucks.

And you know that for a fact do you?

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

You know what we should do? Lets have the GTA4 discussion again, but this time everyone has to switch sides and argue the opposite of what they argued last time. You know, to change things up?

Annnnnd

GO!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

There is no such thing as a perfect game and there never will be, so what's the point in having a 10 point scale if you're never gonna use 10/10?
Lol. You know, as a reference... you know? Just like no game ever gets a 0/10.

EDIT: ya, I'm starting to feel stupid now.

10/10

Edited by random n00b

And you know that for a fact do you?

Since I've already replied to this and you can't be bothered to read the post right above yours...

Yes, I know it as a fact.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Video games are moving along at an alarming rate, advancing with each passing year.

No.

At best, it could be argued that mediocre games are improving at an alarming rate. Games that actually move the medium forward are very few and far between.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

While the one-button fighting has garnered the most headlines, it's the game's reluctance to punish you for failure that really marks it out: if you're downed in battle, it's not back to the last checkpoint. Instead you lose a few experience points, before surging heroically back to life, health-bar refilled, with barely a pause in the action.

Okay, okay. You're right. What a piece of crap.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Heh. Well I thought Fable was as boring as ditchwater, so I'm waiting to see soem comparisons andh ow it's different.

The eurogamer review sounds veyr love/hate though.

Maria Caliban, you're really full of it. How can you tell the game is going to suck if you've never even played it? That's not a 'fact'. The real fact here is your true ignorance.

After the last few remarks, I can't tell if you're serious, but what the hell?

In your heart of heart, you know Fable is :x . Though you try to deny how absolutely horrible this game is, the truth haunts you, invading your dream, your day dreams, and eventually your every waking moment.

Why do humans cling to these illusions? Why pretend that Fable 2 might be anything other than pure, unmitigated tripe? I think it

The original ranks as one of my favorites, don;t know why, possible becuase I was like 10 when it came out... and the new one looks even better so there you go.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The original ranks as one of my favorites, don;t know why, possible becuase I was like 10 when it came out... and the new one looks even better so there you go.

The original was a fun game, but I felt like I was playing a proof-of-concept. Reading the postmortum on gamasutra, I wonder how they even managed to get it out the door. Molyneux tends to have very good ideas, but I wonder if being a tad more pragmatic might leapfrog his abilties as a developer.

His wikipedia page says he's 'one of the world's most brilliant and inventive game developers.' Seriously? I don't know.

Edited by Maria Caliban

The original was a fun game, but I felt like I was playing a proof-of-concept. Reading the postmortum on gamasutra, I wonder how they even managed to get it out the door. Molyneux tends to have very good ideas, but I wonder if being a tad more pragmatic might leapfrog his abilties as a developer.

His wikipedia page says he's 'one of the world's most brilliant and inventive game developers.' Seriously? I don't know.

Okay, well to put this in simple language for you, Fable 2 is what Fable should have been. I've heard that from people I work with, who have worked on Fable and Fable 2, that was the goal, and that's what they've apparently achieved, the game is not merely Fable as it was, it's a major overhaul, with some really cool new features.

What more can I say? GEEZ, I'm tempted by Fable 2 and I hated Fable.

As for Molyneux I can respect what he's done in the past, but I'm not likely to run out and buy anything because he was involved in it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Fable 2 is what Fable should have been.

Sounds like worth a try, then. Fable wasn't crap because its concept was crap, its just that it was half-baked and unpolished in the best sense of the word(s).

Fable 2 is what Fable should have been.

Sounds like worth a try, then. Fable wasn't crap because its concept was crap, its just that it was half-baked and unpolished in the best sense of the word(s).

I agree entirely; however, I still think it was a good game.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

A really funny thing that i cant believe none of you has mentioned yet is that Peter Molyneux himself only gave it 9/10

"I'd rate it a 9 out of 10," Molyneux added, when asked if he'd fulfilled his original vision with Fable II.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196267

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The interaction with NPCs looks pathetic.

Other than that, I might play it if I ever decide to play something else than a shooter.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

A really funny thing that i cant believe none of you has mentioned yet is that Peter Molyneux himself only gave it 9/10

"I'd rate it a 9 out of 10," Molyneux added, when asked if he'd fulfilled his original vision with Fable II.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196267

There is nothing funny about that.

1/10

But zero out of ten couldn't exist!

It'd be like if something was just like, terrible in every single way! Oh wait, I see.

Yeah, Obsidian forum community, 0/10

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.