Psst...check out alphaprotocol.com

Hmm, I suppose a passenger airline being shot down is a rather morally unambiguous plot hook, lending itself to a morally unambiguous plot. I give Obsidian full credit for being able to complicate matters though. There's no saying that some "evil mastermind" in the U.S. is responsible, or that we will spend the game searching the caves of Afghanistan for the culprit. As in real life, it could just as easily be negligence or something we did that "seemed like a good idea at the time."

*Thinks 24, including plane being blown up (or shot down, if we talk about season 3)*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I know this might sound crazy, but a game about an American intelligence operative operating on foreign soil is probably going to involve a CIA agent and should arguably involve something important to the United States!

Doesn't sound crazy at all. But how about this then: said CIA agent is sent to an Eastern European country to assist in a covert Russian operation to provide stability in a local oil crisis? Too crazy for you?

Does every plot out of American hands have to include the meaningless blanket statement "terrorist"? Of course, it's not mentioned in the press release so feel free to positively surprise me here..

Does every bad guy really have to kill "hundreds of innocents" so every redneck in the world will understand who's the bad guy and who you're supposed to feel (righteous!) hatred for? But again, this is a press release, there's still a huge possibility that the plot isn't as nauseatingly simple as that.

I realize how negative this sounds and I apologize about that. But a big part of the reason why I stopped writing about games is because of the mind numbingly simplistic plots of most games nowadays. Trying daily to write about trife like Gears of War et al wears you down.

Ps. Love the new forum header!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just because the press release sounds typically corny "Rednecks vs. Terrorists", "Good guys vs. bad guys", doesn't mean the game itself has to be so shallow and superficial. I trust Obsidian to make a game with characters of many facets and motivations.

As a game journalist, you should know that PR always has to sound "catchy".

It's not necessarily a big announcement - just a sign that things are going to start rolling out.

I got the gesture. I came back here, expecting more information since Alpha Protocol is planed to be released in the same quarter as Dragon Age, information of which began to be revealed. At least, judging from some interviews on Storm of Zehir, Obsidian don't seem to forget about role-playing game fan base and the majority of them, I guess, are accustomed to waiting. :lol:

Oh yeah, I don't suppose this was the "big" announcement by any chance?

It's not necessarily a big announcement - just a sign that things are going to start rolling out.

Gief moar plx!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

MyMartini Lounge's out in Arlington. I'm thinking maybe all this stuff was commissioned by Sega and doled out to a company out in Texas, who would just use any old landmark / number on hand. Still seems odd, though.

Edited by Pop

MyMartini Lounge's out in Arlington.

Small quibble, but it's My Martini Wine and Bistro. It's in N. Arlington, next door to Piranha's Killer Sushi.

Fantastic sushi, fantastic martinis, very expensive.

But anyway, yes, it kinda surprised me to see a matchbook on the site from the place. A little creepy, actually. since Piranha's/My Martini (owned by same people) is one of my favorite weekend places. Just too bad I can't afford to go too often ($10 martinis really add up.)

Team Obsidian, awaaaaaay!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I really like what you did with the screenshot section. Great job. :(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hundreds of innocent passengers

"Innocent" - How I hate that word. Nobody is truly innocent, dammit. Nobody! :shifty::x

That's just something people say to justify mass-murder, torture, or any number of other things. "Well, nobody's perfect, ergo nobody's innocent." Innocence does not require perfection; merely the lack of responsibility. These people were "innocent bystanders;" they had done nothing to earn what happened.

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)