Custom character, or at least option for female

Hello!

I just want to say that I love RPG's because you can make the story your own in a way and really get into it therefor. Unfortunately not all RPG's have custom characters... I prefer having at least the option of a female character... being a woman lol. So pleaseeeeee .... custom character... the main one anyway lol:D

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

Hello!

I just want to say that I love RPG's because you can make the story your own in a way and really get into it therefor. Unfortunately not all RPG's have custom characters... I prefer having at least the option of a female character... being a woman lol. So pleaseeeeee .... custom character... the main one anyway lol:D. Or at least the option to play a female main character... makes it harder to get into the role playing a man when ur a woman... or the other way around. And the majority of games don't seem to care much for female gamers wanting to be a woman... In KOTOR at least u could and in Mass effect u can... makes a HUGE difference...:D

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

I was waiting for this obvious post to finally be made. You cannot play a female and you can't do a Gay romance with Thornton.

:sorcerer:

That said, I'm still looking forward to this. Though since this is using the UT engine, one could conceivably change the model to a female. However you would be stuck forever as a drag queen, do to only having a male voice.

Hey, welcome to the forum. That said, I don't think that you will not be able to play as a female if you wish to.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've always wondered about this since I'm male and have little trouble roleplaying a female. Granted, I don't really have much experience in doing so since few games have female protagonists but I do play females when replaying games and I highly doubt that I would have trouble solely roleplaying a female if the game demanded it.

So is it possible that you women could explain in greater detail why it seems to cause so much trouble for you to roleplay a male?

Also are there any males out there who would have trouble roleplaying a female?

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Female characters are so important to the Aliens franchise I would argue that they should be the default.

Has there ever been an RPG where the main player character has to be female?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

While a great game, BGE is not, in any way, an RPG.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Female characters are so important to the Aliens franchise I would argue that they should be the default.

BOOOOooo!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Has there ever been an RPG where the main player character has to be female?

Kult

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I think there would be a pretty huge disconnect for me if I had to play as a female. In RPG's, the player I create is the fantasy extension of "me" and my ideals. Thats why I always play as a "good" character (cant connect with the evil/jerk options). Also, I dont get any jollies from looking at a pixelated bum nor would I want to explore a romance with a male NPC. *projectile vomits* Maybe that makes me not such a good rpg-er but I can definately understand why a female wouldnt want to be forced to roleplay a male.

i can think of a few games with female main characters

heavy metal f.a.k.k.2, beyond good and evil, oni, etc

none really rpgs though...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Just let me get that straight: Aliens RPG will offer character creation, right? Or will it only provide a pre-made (female?) character a'la Mass Effect?

Oh yeah and don't forget the Longest journey games. And Tomb Raider. Plenty of chick powah there.

oh yeah, forgot about the walking boobs games

Glad the topic got some reactions lol..... There should just be a law:P ... all games need to have both male and female. (as if that is going to happen lol)

I tend to prefer playing male characters (as a male myself). By that token, it's difficult to begrudge those who prefer female characters . . . yet somehow I manage. If something has to go, I'd rather it be gender options before plot or gameplay. This opinion might be different if the majority of video game protagonists weren't already male . . . but I stand by my principles for now.

his is what annoys me in many CRPGs. In a RPG I want to play my character, be able to make my character how I want within the rules of the game, and have ownership of that character. I don't want to play the developers' character. That was a major drawback in Torment.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Personally I never really found gender restrictions or lack of character creation that constraining at all. I wouldn't mind playing a pre-made female character in Aliens RPG, as long as I can sympathize with her (shouldn't be hard if I even could play Ripley), but on the other hand I wouldn't mind having a fully customizable character creation process a'la BG as well. It's all about the implementation, and how the presentation is handled. But for the sake of having full control over the functuality of a character, I surely prefer to have the ability to choose my own class and skills. But in terms of Roleplaying, I also can stomach a predefined role, as long as I can sympahtize with this role.

Edited by Morgoth

oh yeah, forgot about the walking boobs games

haha, coming from the guy who mentioned FAKK 2 aka 'lets put Julie Strain in a videogame'.

haha true :lol: