Custom character, or at least option for female

and what was that up there bout Antony Hopkins not being like Cannibal in real life as an argument that you don't need the character to be like the real you lalalalala.... well no, but at least he played someone of his own gender.! That is exactly it.. like in movies, you can play someone totally different, but SAME GENDER lol.

So you're saying that the difference between Anthony Hopkins and a cannibalistic serial killer is less than the difference between Anthony Hopkins and a woman?!? I think he might object to that!

Bart Simpson (epitome on manliness that he is) is VA'd by a woman, so hah.

The only reason there isn't (much) cross-gender acting in movies is that the actors appear on screen as their characters. Even then, there used to be a long, proud tradition of men pretending to be women on the stage so as to keep the women at home in the kitchen, and there have been movies where an actor plays the opposite gender (such as Norbit).

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

and what was that up there bout Antony Hopkins not being like Cannibal in real life as an argument that you don't need the character to be like the real you lalalalala.... well no, but at least he played someone of his own gender.! That is exactly it.. like in movies, you can play someone totally different, but SAME GENDER lol.

So you're saying that the difference between Anthony Hopkins and a cannibalistic serial killer is less than the difference between Anthony Hopkins and a woman?!? I think he might object to that!

Bart Simpson (epitome on manliness that he is) is VA'd by a woman, so hah.

The only reason there isn't (much) cross-gender acting in movies is that the actors appear on screen as their characters. Even then, there used to be a long, proud tradition of men pretending to be women on the stage so as to keep the women at home in the kitchen, and there have been movies where an actor plays the opposite gender (such as Norbit).

Yes that is exactly what I am saying: that the difference between Anthony Hopkins and a cannibalistic serial killer is less than the difference between Anthony Hopkins and a woman... Didn't you know he used to be a serial killer in his free time? He trated that hobby for collecting stamps though.:x

Ok, no, that is not what I am saying. I am saying that for some people it is easier to identify with someone in roleplaying who is completely different than yourself than it is to play the opposite sex. I guess in a way it is fun to be someone your not. Like in KOTOR I love to play dark side and kill just for fun, yet in real life (doubt me if you will:P) I have no such desire. Still I prefer getting into that role as a woman rahter than a man... it is a feeling thing, how people prefer to experience a game and since many prefer playing their own gender... why not.

But to each its own I guess. Not saying that I think every one should or should even prefer to play their own gender, bus since so many do, why not give them that option. But if you just want to argue with me;) I am a poor oponent at the moment cos I am tired from squeezing people all day. And if you just like a healthy discussion, I have to bite you:D

All that said, ladieda and have a nice day:D

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

• 2 weeks later...

Sad, I was hoping we could play different genders and could customize. Being limited to just play one character makes the replay value low. Honestly, not sure I will be buying this game now.

My first post but I wanted to voice my opinion.

thx