New Dragon Age Walkthrough videos

Morgoth

"Morrigan plays a really key part in the story..."

Not in my game she won't, she's going to die very quickly because I don't like being told who to take in my party. Unless of course there's a lame deus ex machina "she can't die" mechanic because it might spoil a lovingly crafted cutscene.

You can only attack hostile creatures, with the exception of scripted sequences (ie shiving the prisoner). So, no, you can't just kill her on sight. You can't kill the King on sight, or Duncan, or another other NPC.

Now, you don't have to have her in your party, but that doesn't mean she stops playing an important role in the story.

I also seem to remember that NPCs can't be dismissed as usual.

If you mean party members, you're incorrect. There's one party member you have to take on, and you don't have to keep him.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Time for another update. :ermm:

New world stuff updated for those who are interested. Some people might also find new and interesting stuff in the gallery.

And some Gaider quotes that I found interesting and you guys might as well:

I like the flirtation and the banter, and given my druthers unless the game took place over a longer period of time I'd be okay with that being all there was. Once you get to the more committed stage where there are professions of love and so forth... while that's intriguing and all I almost feel the need at that point to know more about the protaganist. Romance is such a specific and personal bond, it gets harder to write about without knowing what the nature of that bond is. There is love, but from a writing point of view it's completely one-sided; the player is a complete blank.
The next NWN expansion doesn't have romances, and it looks to be the same with Alpha Protocal. I guess they finally gave up on trying.
To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be all that opposed to discarding the feature either. I think it was a neat thing to try out, but I also think there could be better things to spend our time on than playing virtual match-maker.
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Well she has nice b00bs so she will end up being in my party.

Truth.

@MC

I doubt that you can kill her as people don't die in Bioware games anymore unless they want to be dramatic. I also seem to remember that NPCs can't be dismissed as usual.

That goes for most games these days. Started with NWN2 it seems. Yuch. Gamers hate it, still they keep feeding us forced NPCs, long cutscenes and generic pulp that caters to the masses. It's like the whole industry has just gone wacko. Just saw the last cutscene-clip with the DA king holding his speech about honour and loyalty. Yawn. I almost felt insulted. Oh, and you have to be over 18 to see that stuff. It's so dark and gritty.

Lolz..

J.

Edited by Junai

The only thing that's so far disappointing me about Dragon Age is the entire FORCED "YOU ARE GOING TO BE A GREY WARDEN!!! B1ATCH!".

I GET the point of being FORCED into a Spectre in Mass Effect (story wise). But AGAIN in Dragon Age?

Is this a sign of thing to come?

"Started with NWN2 it seems"

I would look to KOTOR1 as its starting point of popularity in Western RPGs. Of course, forced party members have been around forever, and quite popular in Japanese RPGs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yep. I'm playing FF9 right now, and you don't even get to choose your party from the full set until disc 3. Strangely, it doesn't bother me here, whereas I hated Shandra. I guess we really do bring different expectations into different games.

DA's being billed as the new BG2 though, I'd be trying to play it like I played BG. So I'd hate forced members. Hope someone can mod it away if it's in.

Well, I liked the clips I saw, though I am starting to fear that having this ever expanding amount of info is starting to become too spoilerish for my taste. I would rather they talk about the mechanics of the game - that's not really a spoiler for me.

From the looks of it, Dragon Age will be awesome and the only realistic thing that may prevent my purchase would be the inclusion of DDRM.

Soul searching? Come on. EA is a company. It's a business. It has no soul. EA will make the business decision they think is best for their bottom line. Whether that is DRM or not DRM is the question.

Good Lord, like we don't use the phrase "soul searching" to mean someone who is contemplating a deep and complicated problem. Use context for crying out loud. Wait, are you one of those internet meanies who's going to fight me for pages for pointing out that anyone reading Dagon's comments should have realized he didn't mean the company was literally opening up their soul and root around inside for specifc answers? Oh well.

Because of the backlash, if they believe it meant a significant amount of lost sales, EA might not opt for DRM.

Personally, and I know this is that anecdotal evidence everyone hates, but I haven't had any problems with any DRM titles. Now, anecdotal can suck, sure. ...But we all have to rely on personal experience and, since I haven't personally experienced a hard time running a DRM protected game, DRM isn't a particular problem for me. I'll purchase the title with or without it.

Considering that people have accused EA (and other companies) of being 'evil'; it's not a safe assumption to assume that he didn't actually mean they have a soul. Hard to be 'evil' with no soul.

Anyways, nobody (but you) was arguing... this time.

Apparently, from the smug left-wing rubric on the side of their ice cream cartons, Ben & Jerry's have a soul.

It almost puts me off eating their otherwise suplerlative 'Phish Phood' which is easily one of my favourites, alongside the amusingly titled 'Cherry Garcia.'

Sorry, please continue discussing Dragon Age.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Probably that's because most players don't even know what DRM is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not sure if this is a new video (since I haven't watched the others before this) but it was posted yesterday so I hope it's new:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/dragon...umballs;title;1

It's nine minutes long so all you Bioweenies should feel happy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 1 month later...

Gamespot posted a new Dragon Age video again, this time a Q&A with someone called Dan Tudge:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonage/n...topslot;thumb;1

Didn't watch it myself but figured someone here would be interested.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!