Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

WE should start a movie studio.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Quantum of Solace does not have Eva Green. Instant FAIL.

Well, while Eva Green IS hot, Olga Kurylenko was also hot in Quantum of Solace. Hotter in Max Payne, though.

Kurylenko and Green in a bod movie is an opportunity waiting to happen. And just to be safe we can hand the direction to Bertolucci.

Heja Sverige!!

Quantum of Solace does not have Eva Green. Instant FAIL.

Well, while Eva Green IS hot, Olga Kurylenko was also hot in Quantum of Solace. Hotter in Max Payne, though.

Kurylenko and Green in a bod movie is an opportunity waiting to happen. And just to be safe we can hand the direction to Bertolucci.

Yes, but let's add Monica Bellucci (hotter still) and hand the direction to Quentin Tarantino instead :shifty:

Jediphile is right. Monica Bellucci would be fantastic against a dark Bond.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If I ever held the world to ransom, that ransom would be Monica Belluci and Natalie Portman in a.... sorry, miles away.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Quantum of Solace - Loved it! Great Bond film and a worthy successor to CR. I look at it as the middle of a trilogy. For once there was not a cringe worthy moment, the humor was there, but neither juvenile nor over the top. No gadgets. Bond uses his wits and physical prowess to deal with any obstacles in his way just like the books. In the novels for those that did not read them Bond is anything but an indestructible superhero, the villains and the settings are what is fantastic, but Bond is all too human and this film did a good job of showing that aspect. I kind of had issues with the way he is handled in regards to M and following orders, in the books he is always portrayed as a loyal civil servant that follows orders and holds his boss M in the highest regards, the last two films however this is done away with completely. One more little complaint M should stay in her bloody office and run all the MI6 not just one agent. I even liked the title song something I haven't been able to say sine TLD. There was a perfect moment to use the short story by Fleming but alas the film only took it's name and nothing else.

A solid 9/10

I'll put it number 4 on my list of Bond films.

OHMSS

FRWL

CR

QOS

TB

Quantum of Solace - Loved it! Great Bond film and a worthy successor to CR. I look at it as the middle of a trilogy. For once there was not a cringe worthy moment, the humor was there, but neither juvenile nor over the top. No gadgets.

There were (imo) 2 to 3 cringeworthy moments, those being the few cgi moments (I only remember when Bond and some other dude fell down a balcony, and an explosion during the finale). And the fact that the Aston Martin was badly damaged even faster than the one in CR definitely made me cringe as well.

The humor was severely lacking, again imo. Gone is Bond's charm, replaced by coldness.

And no gadgets is just a step too far. As I've already said, I don't mind the toning down of all Bond clich

Edited by Pope

There were (imo) 2 to 3 cringeworthy moments, those being the few cgi moments (I only remember when Bond and some other dude fell down a balcony, and an explosion during the finale). And the fact that the Aston Martin was badly damaged even faster than the one in CR definitely made me cringe as well.

I don't think I cringed as such, but Bond is cold-hearted jerk in this movie who solves all his problems by killing people left and right. Not shaken or stirred, nor with with or charm. He is reduced to a brute with all the charm of a rhinoceros. And about as subtle too...

The humor was severely lacking, again imo. Gone is Bond's charm, replaced by coldness.

There was humour in Quantum of Solace?!? I must have missed it... Oh wait, I think there was one scene where Mathis tries to reach his contacts while an annoying taxi-driver insists on rambling on incessantly. That it actually seemed amusing speaks volumes of how much humour there was in the rest of the film - I almost hear the director in the background saying, "ok, that's the comic relief over with. Shall we get on with it now?" :sorcerer:

And no gadgets is just a step too far. As I've already said, I don't mind the toning down of all Bond clich

Whoah whoah whoah. I'm starting to get a different picture of this film now. It sounds as if teh producers *shock horror* are allowing Bond to change, and to have one film where he isn't a stand up comedian. The character has been betrayed and he wants revenge, and he isn't feeling particularly funny.

Why not? Bond isn't a big mac with fries! A Bond film doesn't have to be just some minor variation on a 'winning' formula. I'm surprised at you, all perfectly smart chaps, reacting in this way. I shall have to hie myself off to the cinema...

-Elwood Blues

I think they're just setting up Bond to be a cold hearted bastard who gets all the ladies and cleverly quips all the time. He will the same character as always, eventually, except you'll know why he is like that. It's just taking a while because of their decision to put the new movies within an overarching narrative.

Heja Sverige!!

^Damn! you beat me to it. This is his first mission (CR) the rest will come later. From the history of Bond I am sure the producers will f-it-up somehow, but now they are a roll.

By cringe worthy, I was referring to - Double taking pigeons, red neck sheriffs, Tarzan yells........

LTK is a great flick, surely better than any other the Moore's or Brosnan's and is held in high regard with traditionalist such as myself. Many believe Dalton is the best Bond, I still prefer Connery

Dalton should have been the best Bond, but the script for LTK was fething awful.

-Elwood Blues

I kinda like License to Kill personally.

Although I think the kind of stripping down of the movie Bond mystique LTK tried has worked better with Craig. To me, the current work with Bond makes him a bit more like my impression of him from the novels. Which for the film series is indeed novel. :lol:

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I kinda like License to Kill personally.

Although I think the kind of stripping down of the movie Bond mystique LTK tried has worked better with Craig. To me, the current work with Bond makes him a bit more like my impression of him from the novels. Which for the film series is indeed novel. :lol:

+1

It sits #9 on my Bond list.

Edited by Kelverin

Finally watched Wall-E.

Hubby's first comment after watching it: "Those guys at Pixar sure have some wild imagination."

His second comment: "The romance parts were a bit much for me." :lol:

I liked it...first half was great, 2nd half worked. A robotic ET is an adorable creation. Think I'm going to watch it again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts