Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

Today my gimmick party (earth, air, and fire genasi bard party called Earth, Wind, and Fire) got owned. Hard. ECL characters definitely have it rough at the beginning. Starting a character down doesn't help, either. My replacement party, THE KILLERS, is doing much better. Human barbarian (Lord Murder), human swashbuckler (La Aguja), aasimar cleric (Bane's Stepdaughter), and a halfling warlock (Mistress Destructa). Booyah.

:lol: Hard games make for a good challenge! (They must remain passable though...)

Storm of Zehir won't have a Dance Dance Revolution Minigame?

No, they decided to implement Lute Hero instead.

Didn't they already have that in NWN2 with that guy at the Blacklake District? I always ended up cheating and make his life very miserable :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Today my gimmick party (earth, air, and fire genasi bard party called Earth, Wind, and Fire) got owned. Hard. ECL characters definitely have it rough at the beginning. Starting a character down doesn't help, either. My replacement party, THE KILLERS, is doing much better. Human barbarian (Lord Murder), human swashbuckler (La Aguja), aasimar cleric (Bane's Stepdaughter), and a halfling warlock (Mistress Destructa). Booyah.

Does it get easier on characters with LA later on in the game?

Didn't they already have that in NWN2 with that guy at the Blacklake District? I always ended up cheating and make his life very miserable :*

I think he's talking about

Didn't they already have that in NWN2 with that guy at the Blacklake District? I always ended up cheating and make his life very miserable o:)

I think he's talking about

:*

Is that a spoof on the "guitar hero" games? I've heard about them, but never seen any of them.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tony Evans, lead designer interview at Gamespot

Death and dying in Storm of Zehir is closer to the original 3.5 rules, with some 4.0 augmentations. When a party member falls below zero hit points, they begin dying, bleeding out until they are stabilized with healing. If a dying party member's hit points fall to negative half their total hit points, then they will die (if they have 40 hit points, they die at -20). Once dead, they can be brought back to life with a raise dead or resurrect spell, or with a coin of life, a special item purchased from temples of Waukeen, goddess of wealth. If you don't have any of these handy, then you can take your fallen party member to a temple to have their life restored.

In addition to this, we've also done a lot of other things to make combat more enjoyable in Storm of Zehir. With the incorporation of community member Tony K's AI scripts, along with our own special touches, we have greatly improved our artificial intelligence, so that your party members and monsters alike will be...well, less artificial, more intelligent. Resting is more meaningful, because now you must either pay to rent a room at an inn, or brave making camp on the Overland map, where you are likely to be ambushed while you sleep. Finally, we have put a lot of forethought into the individual combat encounters themselves--something that will become abundantly clear from the beginning of the game, where you face off with that tribe of menacing Batiri I mentioned earlier.

With the additions of "real" death, less artificial and more intelligent AI, realistic restrictions on resting, and meticulously designed encounters, battling monsters in Storm of Zehir is the most fun you will have yet in a Dungeons and Dragons game.

Edited by funcroc

Tony Evans, lead designer interview at Gamespot

With the additions of "real" death, less artificial and more intelligent AI, realistic restrictions on resting, and meticulously designed encounters, battling monsters in Storm of Zehir is the most fun you will have yet in a Dungeons and Dragons game.

That sounds.. not that fun.

3.5 ruleset = :x

I understand it can't be helped, but going back to 3.5 is like going back to dial up after I've had broadband. I mean Level Adjustments - the game has level adjustments.

Lack of o:) = :huh:

Though given Obsidian's track record, I don't blame them.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

:thumbsup: Hard games make for a good challenge! (They must remain passable though...)

100% agreed! i started to play more Japanese games because western games are piss easy last 5-6 years...

when i play western games, most of the time i got bored after few hours of play, in worst scenarios i finnish them in that time :S ... nothing is as awesome as 60-80 hours long gameplay for main story and another 40 hours for uberhard optional bosses...

I am 30 years old gamer, if you just started to think about starting to flame me that teenagers have much more time to play games :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

hmm, what other 4e augmentations are there in SoZ?

will my gnome have a lair?

Maybe they've merge various skills?

Hide + Move Silent => Stealth. Open Lock + Disable Trap + Pickpocket => Thievery.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

hmm, what other 4e augmentations are there in SoZ?

will my gnome have a lair?

Maybe they've merge various skills?

Hide + Move Silent => Stealth. Open Lock + Disable Trap + Pickpocket => Thievery.

He has spoken only about Death and Dying about augmentations... AFAIK the 4.0 augmentation is the half of original HP in negative value to become dead... (correct me if i am worng about that.)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

He has spoken only about Death and Dying about augmentations... AFAIK the 4.0 augmentation is the half of original HP in negative value to become dead... (correct me if i am worng about that.)

In 4e you die if..

Take enough damage to reduce your hit points to negative your bloodied value (half your HP).

Hit 0 HP and fail 3 death saving throws.

There's no 'bleeding' in 4e when you hit 0 HP, but as the rounds go by so quickly in NWN, I suppose an NPC could die before the player noticed.

I understand it can't be helped, but going back to 3.5 is like going back to dial up after I've had broadband. I mean Level Adjustments - the game has level adjustments.

Wait... "going back to 3.5" is a bad thing?! >_<

Wait... "going back to 3.5" is a bad thing?! ;)

The best thing I can say about 3.5 is that it

If it was the phrase "bi-curious" that offended some, you should know that on Mask of the Betrayer I fought REALLY hard (almost too hard, some might say) to include same-sex romance options, but eventually got overruled by the people who own the people who own the people who own the license.

Another reason, as if one were needed, why Obsidian is awesome. :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)