Dragon Age

"That it was. Those fugly graphics didn't win it any awards either."

better graphics than the IE games. No contest.

Not even close. Those 2D graphics trump that lame 3D NWN and many other 3D games at that time.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

KOTOR is BIO's 'worst' game but it wans't bad either.

No, it was certainly better than NWN or any of it's expansion's, plus all the user made mods I ever got around to finishing.

I dunno if I would say that KotOR was better than all NWN mods. It's certainly better than a lot of them, but there are a number that I would say are without a doubt, much better the KotOR.

How weird. I like the name "Dragon Age" a lot more when they added "Origins" behind it. Why is that?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

KOTOR is an overrated (but okayish) joke. Even some of the worst mods are better than KOTOR simply based on having better combat. L0L

And, NWN's graphics are vastly superior to the IE. It's embarrasing just to read otherwise 'cause it's illogical to think that people actually think that's true. L0L

In comparison:

BG graphics = :x-_-

NWN graphics - :):o:*:ermm:o:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

KOTOR is an overrated (but okayish) joke. Even some of the worst mods are better than KOTOR simply based on having better combat. L0L

And, IE's graphics are vastly superior to the NWN. It's embarrasing just to read otherwise 'cause it's illogical to think that people actually think that's true. L0L

In comparison:

NWN graphics = :x:*

IE graphics - :x:o:*:ermm::)

o:) Volo, Volo! -_-

Game Over!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

No, it was certainly better than NWN or any of it's expansion's, plus all the user made mods I ever got around to finishing.

I dunno if I would say that KotOR was better than all NWN mods.

I can only judge the mods I finished and I certainly didn't play a tenth of what's out there, but from the ones I did play....

And Volo is right about combat, but that is the only advantage NWN has..

I keep checking in on that website, but no update yet. I wonder if they'll release anything tonight?

I think they decided to cancel it. Instead they are going to be at E3 which is the 15 or something. Bunch of lying bastards. ):<

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

If by ancient history, you mean games a few years ago sold less than games today, you are correct sir.

The entire industry has grown. Sales numbers today are expected to be much higher than NWN or BG2. If it didn't match NWN2, it would be considered a failure.

Oh, I expect it to at least match NWN2, but does anyone know how well it sold? Also I believe J.E. was being sarcastic.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well...This is rather anti-climactic.

I guess we could talk about the face. Or that it may have some sort of toolset.

*shrugs*

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So.. the big countdown was to announce that they will be showing a trailer a week from now?

That's the dumbest **** I've seen in a while.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Internet geeks love to whine. L0L

Kudos to BIo for successfully doing this awesomely. The pimpage DA has gotten is awesome, and they had do nothing but a small blurb. HAHA!

Internet geeks love to whine. L0L

Kudos to BIo for successfully doing this awesomely. The pimpage DA has gotten is awesome, and they had do nothing but a small blurb. HAHA!

I'm not saying it didn't get them a fair bit of exposure for this, but having a countdown to a countdown is really lame.

Typical Bioware overhyping at its finest. After all the Mass Effect problems are having, along with the DLC and DRM fiasco, and now Bioware pulls this with Dragon Age. Yeah, whatever. Its just not worth getting mad at them. It is to be expected. I am wondering how many people can the ban-hammer over there because of this.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I dunno if I would say that KotOR was better than all NWN mods.

I can only judge the mods I finished and I certainly didn't play a tenth of what's out there, but from the ones I did play....

And Volo is right about combat, but that is the only advantage NWN has..

I've played some mods that were easily as good as most professional releases these days. I don't know what mods you chose to play, but I'd stack Aielund, Crimson Tides of Tethyr, A Dance w/ Rogues, or the Kosigan series up against most anything professionally released, including the NWN2 OC.

And for MP, I'd play any NWN PW before I'd play any MMO. And not just because I'm cheap, but because many of those actually promote roleplaying, as opposed to the constant chattering in MMOs.

I won't defend the NWN OCs, only Hordes was above tolerable, and SoU was a disaster. But if you can't find gems in the mod community, it's because you made poor choices. Now several of the best builders have moved to NWN2 for SP mods, but NWN1 is still preferable as a multi-player vehicle.

"Either that or stroke their favorite gaming company"

:bat::verymad::-

Actually, I like any company that angers internet geeks. It's why I support Bethesda everytime someone whines about FO3 despite me loathing Bethesda and their garbagey games. :x