Dragon Age

But meatspin is like old and stuff. If you check something like meatspin then you might as well check lemonparty, tubgirl, goatse and 2girls1cup.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

But meatspin is like old and stuff. If you check something like meatspin then you might as well check lemonparty, tubgirl, goatse and 2girls1cup.

I didn't know of lemonparty before your post. Thank you, sir. Your information has expanded my knowledge.

You didnt just google that did you?

nope, i was tarded enough to just type the danged thing into my url bar. ugh. i should learn not to do that, particularly when such a link comes from the likes of this board's denizens.

back to DA, regardless of what everyone thinks about bio's marketing scheme, it has succeeded in its ultimate purpose: people are talking about how bio is marketing DA, and as a result, they're talking about DA. even ve3d slammed bio for their tactic, but the slam is still an advert.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Must...resist...

yup, you know it's bad, and you know it will damage you, but... it's still something curious that you MUST see... aaaah.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

"it's the endlessly extended hype which is wearying."

Except.. outside of the initital announcement, the message baord, and now this; there hasn't treally been huge hype for it. Yet.L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Except.. outside of the initital announcement, the message baord, and now this; there hasn't treally been huge hype for it.

you mean the forums running on fumes for the past 4 years?

strictly speaking, though, i guess 4 years isn't 'endless'.

it only feels that way.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Yes, the forums have been up for 4 years. But they were pretty honest about the game not being fast tracked until the last year. Developing their own setting and rule set as opposed to using an established one would take additional time as well. And if they wanted community input (which to be fair, they've taken fairly seriously) I can't see them garnering much interest if they said; "To be named unannounced game forum." It's not like they really started marketing anything for it until this week. Maybe you find that excessive time to talk about a pre-released, low-priority game. I can understand that. But I don't think it classified as "hype." Really, until the past 6 mos, no one was working on this except Gaider and a couple acolytes. And if his name wasn't attached to it, would anyone care?

"it's the endlessly extended hype which is wearying."

Except.. outside of the initital announcement, the message baord, and now this; there hasn't treally been huge hype for it. Yet.L0L

Vaporware. >_<

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I don't see how the term vaporware applies at all. It was never put on the front burner until recently. How in the world can it be vaporware when they haven't made 'any' promises about a release date?

By definition, vaporware has to be expected to be released, and not arrive. DA has not been given an official release date (or even an expectation from a developer in jello); not once.

This is hardly Duke Nukm Forever stuff.

I think the major screwup was announcing and showing a few things in 2004. Kidna like Duke Nukem Forever, but a lot less daramatic.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

HAHA! If what you say is true, I have more amusement for myself for the enxt few hours.

HAHAH! I love internet drama geeklings!!!! Espicially when they whine like little babies! HAHA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

HAHA! If what you say is true, I have more amusement for myself for the enxt few hours.

HAHAH! I love internet drama geeklings!!!! Espicially when they whine like little babies! HAHA!

HA HA HA!

:sorcerer: Magical Volo, magical Volo!!!! :)

Teh internets drama is teh awesomeness!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Seriously, have you seen the new trailer? It looks like complete ****!

DragonAge.jpg

Long time since I've seen hair and faces that bad. Four years in the making..?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The character to the right looks like he's just fresh from a black metal photo-shoot.

-"Must...look....grim...and..frostbitten....horgh!"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You know, I expect bad character graphics in RPGs these days. NWN2's character graphics are still dreadful, IMHO. Oblivion's did little for me without significant modding. And this is no better than either of the others.

ALL developers seem to be on this giant "realism" kick in fantasy RPGs these days. Don't let anyone look too good. And absolutely don't make anything too stylized. The end result is everything looks DRAB. That was NWN2's problem. Oblivion's NPCs uniformly were revolting, and it seems DA is going right into the same dredged mess.

Can someone PLEASE wake up and realize that if I wanted to see ugly all the time I could just go look in a mirror? It's NICE to have an avatar that looks decent if I want to. Especially in a FANTASTICAL setting, even dark fantasy.