Dragon Age

I don't particularly care if the industry considers a game a failure or success. All I care about is if the game is fun. Let the publishers and developers worry about if a game is a commercial success or not. Its none of our business anyway.

But if you want fun games, it is in your best interest that the industry continues to grow and games you like succeed commercially.

And it will regardless if I know or not of their business dealings.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Finally! The

Silly Morgoth, aren't you forgetting the power of the F5 key?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Proof, please. Nobody here knows how much game must sell to be considered a 'success or failure'. Only those in the know would know these required mythical numbers. Are you 'in the know'? No, I don't think so. Only EA, and BIO know how much their DA would need to sell to be a financial success for them.

Yes there is absolutely no way that anyone at either of those companies could ever tell anyone at another company what the budget was.

If someone inside did tell and he or she is found it, it would be instant pink slip time I would bet.

Its been July 9th for freggin' 22 hours and 36 minutes over here, when do these lazy canardians get their asses out of bed?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hah, it's actually July 10th here, and no update yet.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

L0L, Consideirng all the bashing BIO getsa round these parts; people are so desperate for more info on their next game.

5pm est... Hurry up, BIO! The peasants are revolting!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

L0L, Consideirng all the bashing BIO getsa round these parts; people are so desperate for more info on their next game.

5pm est... Hurry up, BIO! The peasants are revolting!

I don't see why they do. They only have one really bad game.

Come on, now. I'm not KOTOR's biggest fan; but it's at least okay.

BG, BG2, NWN, JE, and ME were/are awesome.

Unless youa re talking about either MDK2 or SS which I haven't played I have to disagree they've made one bad games.

Edited by Volourn

NWN1. Worst Bioware game so far.

Lies. BG1 is the biggest stinker. Its just pure hack n slash with a wee bit of story between the kobold massacring. Its the only Bioware game I was too bored to finish,

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Lies. BG1 is the biggest stinker. Its just pure hack n slash with a wee bit of story between the kobold massacring. Its the only Bioware game I was too bored to finish,

BS. BG1 was without any doubt better than NWN1. The only good things about NWN1 were some of the mods and those weren't made by Bioware so the don't count.

BG1 a big stinker?

i couldn't disagree with you more but i congratulate you on your completely heterodox opinion.

judged from a purely SP perspective, NWN1 was easily Bio's weakest game but the toolkit still deserves major points for innovation.

also, HOTU redeemed its crappy OC.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

I think I'm one of the rare few that has enjoyed every single BioWare game I've played. Sure, I have my favorites among them, and I've had my complaints about some features in some of them, but overall, I've got my money's worth with every single title they've produced. I expect Dragon Age to be no different.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not a huge fan of BG1, but the notion that the single player campaign of BG1 was worse than the single player campaign of NWN...that's just loopy.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I havent played the NWN oc since it came out so my memories arent exactly clear, but I enjoyed it. The ancient lizardrace was dumb, but the rest was nice. BG1 was way too much hack n slash for my tastes.

I don't disagree that a substantial amount of BG1 was hack and slash, but I don't recall the NWN oc being any less so. But I haven't played either for a very long time so...

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"NWN1. Worst Bioware game so far."

Nah. that's KOTOR. and, besides, you beat the OC 3+ times. Couldn't have been that bad. L0L

"I don't disagree that a substantial amount of BG1 was hack and slash, but I don't recall the NWN oc being any less so. But I haven't played either for a very long time so..."

Many NWN OC quests had multiple ways to complete/approach them unlike BG1. Still, overall, BG1 was a better game; but role-playingw sie, NWN OC hands down.

KOTOR is BIO's 'worst' game but it wans't bad either.

Kafty loses big on this. That's one of the best RPGs ever!

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.