Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

• 2 years later...

Yea, I saw that a couple days ago I think. Looks like a revamped Assassin w/some Amazon-like ranged skills. Could be interesting.

I have the feeling it's still going to be the Monk & Wizard for me. In that order. Then maybe I'll try out the new Assazon....er I mean Demon Hunter.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They kinda said that the assassin is going to be based around a mix of amazon and assassin abilities. Specialty is dw crossbows.

Also announced is a PvP and PvE realm division, so that those who like to kill other players have their own area (and arenas actually) while those who like slaughtering monsters for loots don't have to worry about the flying barbarian of dooooooom.

They also said they were probably going to bring back the hints at what happened to the characters of the previous games (I think mike chu said that in one of the panels).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

IIRC (didn't watch much of the Diablo stuff) They said something along the lines of "We wish we could put the necromancer in here, but it couldn't live up to the amazingness that was the D2 necro"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

...yeah, I was hoping for something like 3rd quarter of 2011 but knowing Blizzard it'll be 2nd-4th quarter 2012. Maybe.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The claims that Diablo 3 won't ship in 2011 are unfounded. Source?

Blizzard is about to start the Diablo 3 beta. They have also said this week that they are more than half done and have lots and lots of content completed. Beta testing is usally only entered into once a game is close to completion.

I think we'll see the game ship late 2011.

Blizzard hinted often enough that it's not ready for 2011.

Yeah, but the criteria for being "ready" is rarely judged by the developer these days.

Yeah, but if anyone's an exception to the rule, it's Blizzard. Of course, since they work for Kotick, we must not underestimate his willingness to kill golden geese. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Playing devil's advocate: The shark was well and truly jumped when various RPGs (no idea which was the first) allowed dual-wielding claymores. If anything, dual crossbows are less improbable than that.

I've been to a castle close by where I live, where they have this room called "rustkammaren" (I have no idea how to translate that). It's basically a room full of medieval weapons. They have hand-crossbows in there! Like, tiny crossbows with a pistol grip! I imagine it would be possible to dual-wield those. I have no idea how you load them though.

They also had this massive musket.. with nine barrels! It looked amazing! It is said that the only guy who ever fired it was killed by the recoil (it has only been fired once..). Unfortunately you're not allowed to take pictures in there, but if you ever come to Stockholm/Uppsala, Sweden, make sure you visit Skokloster Castle.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've been to a castle close by where I live, where they have this room called "rustkammaren" (I have no idea how to translate that). It's basically a room full of medieval weapons. They have hand-crossbows in there! Like, tiny crossbows with a pistol grip! I imagine it would be possible to dual-wield those. I have no idea how you load them though.

'Armoury' (that's what a rustkammare is, not how you load the handcrossbows)

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif