ME: male or female?

Liara, the Asari: Your Psychic team member (The blue girl with a squid like head)

Ashley, the Soldier poet: Thread softly and carry a big gun member (The girl in white armor in the ME promotion poster)

Wrex, the mercenary: Throttle on loudly and carry a bigger gun member (Big hunchback alien)

Garrus, the Agent: Your team's sniper and electronic support unit (The reptile alien with a targetting visor over his left eye)

Tali, the walking suit: Your team's electronic engineer genius. (An alien female who always wear an environmental suit. You cannot see her face clearly)

Kaidan, the whiny Carth wannabe: Your team's support unit in using a mix of electronic and psychic warfare. (Your typical crybaby Carth)

Edited by Zoma

Liara, the Asari: Your Psychic team member (The blue girl with a squid like head)

Aka blue alien lesbian sex

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Kaiden is not a crybaby, he just sounds like one because of his voice actor's connection to Carth.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Wrex, the mercenary: Throttle on loudly and carry a bigger gun member (Big hunchback alien)

Canderous with a twist member ;)

Kaiden is not a crybaby, he just sounds like one because of his voice actor's connection to Carth.

Or rather people think so because of Carth. I've never made the connection before (Carth = Whiny) so I don't make it now.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that Carth was whiny and it has affected peoples view of the voice-actor's voice.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Jennifer Hale is a better voice actor, Mark really sounds robotic as Zoma mentioned - lacking emontional depth, but I still prefer playing male.

Finished as a Paragon Male Soldier and now trying as a Renegade Sentinel Female. I'm glad I unlocked the Asssault rifle achivement in the previous game.

Fortune favors the bald.

Hmmm... Male character with Jennifer Hale's voice...

;)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

that would be.. disturbing..

But it should be a simple matter, I think, of modding it so a male body is available even though you pick female.. of course the in game dialouge would refer to you as "she" even though you look like a "he".

and the sex scene with Kaidan would be somewhat wierd.. unless you fancy that kind of thing.

Fortune favors the bald.

Finished as a Paragon Male Soldier and now trying as a Renegade Sentinel Female. I'm glad I unlocked the Asssault rifle achivement in the previous game.

Good choice. Meer is horrible as a renegade.

I've already mentioned it in another thread but I'm playing female. I'm not even sure that I'll ever play as a male as Meer is just so horrible.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that Carth was whiny and it has affected peoples view of the voice-actor's voice.

That's true that Kaidan isn't a cry-baby, but unfortunately the VA's first impression embedded into me will remain as such for a long time.

Guess making a good first impression is very important huh.

Regardless, I still find Kaidan annoying(Maybe because I am a male playing a female PC) for hitting my char with his dongles communicating instead of his heart or head. The only NPC I do not mind hitting on any of my female chica would be Atton Rand. Perhaps I enjoy Atton's wry and wittiness in communicating as well as using subtlety to convey his emotions unlike an overly blunt Kaidan.

Now I'll freely admit that the biggest reason for why I'm desperately sexxxing up Liara is that I want to avoid ending up in bed with Kaidan. I'd never in a million years talk of Atton rand(y) as better though, worst Obsidian character ever. I guess that could be because I missed some dialogue somewhere (the most likely reason for why so many males find Carth whiny) but I like to think of him as just plain sucky, because then I won't have to go back to KOTOR 2 and see if I'm right or wrong.

Now I'll freely admit that the biggest reason for why I'm desperately sexxxing up Liara is that I want to avoid ending up in bed with Kaidan. I'd never in a million years talk of Atton rand(y) as better though, worst Obsidian character ever.

this poll disagrees with you ;)

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=49590

and i agree with the poll, and Carth wasn't that bad neither, he was just too trusting to tell his tale to everyone so soon

IB1OsQq.png

I lost all respect for Kaiden when he

turned down a threesome with femShepherd and Liara.

;)

this poll disagrees with you ;(

The poll is bull since all it really shows is that people like the characters that has a lot of dialogue. smiley_shrug.gif1 And that people are crappy enough not to like Go-To or Bao-Dur properly.

1Why are there no good shrug smileys on the internet?

@Sand

I got a little turned off when she describe procreation as getting into the deepest recesses of my mind or something equaly freaky.

Personally I think she is just scared of the huge member that my female Shepard doesn't have. ;)

this poll disagrees with you ;(

The poll is bull since all it really shows is that people like the characters that has a lot of dialogue. smiley_shrug.gif1 And that people are crappy enough not to like Go-To or Bao-Dur properly.

a. don't insult the forumites, and dialogue is a good thing ;)

b. Goto was crappy ;(

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

Atton was great but G0-T0 was awesome

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Usually male, but for Hale, probably female.

It'll be a while before I play it, though. Still using some ****ty 64MB memory bandwidth card. With MGS4 coming out Thursday, it could be next month before I make time for Mass Effect.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Heh. I just installed this last night, and made a female Infiltrator character. I asked my financee for advice as to whether I should play as a dude or a chick, and she emphatically preferred the latter. The VO has been acceptable so far.

Its impossible to create a custom male head that looks decent in ME, so I play as a chick. I always play the prettiest choice available, whatver the sex or race is.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why does your financee make your gaming decisions? And how much money are you giving them, anyways?

I couldn't decide, and the decision didn't require any in-depth gaming knowledge that she lacks, so I asked her.

I have no idea what your second sentence means.

Isn't your financee someone who gives you money? Or is it someone who gets your money?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Isn't your financee someone who gives you money? Or is it someone who gets your money?

O I C. Typo joke. Gottit.

Occupational hazard of working with lots of accountants, I suppose-- my fingers are just way too used to slipping that "n" in between the "i" and the "a."

In other news: the female shepards all have terrible plastic hairdo's.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

My female Shepard had a horrible plastic face whenever she talked to Kaidan, I think it had something to do with the lighting.

Edit: Either that or she was very a lot of makeup.

Edited by Moatilliatta

My female Shepard had a horrible plastic face whenever she talked to Kaidan, I think it had something to do with the lighting.

Edit: Either that or she was very a lot of makeup.

I've found the Normandy's lighting can either make your character look a lot better (mine looked like Vin Diesel for once) or completely ruin him/her (like every other char I've made).

In any case the shadows on some of the female shepard hairdos are a bit screwed up.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"