ME: male or female?

SecureROM is a pain in ME.

I often get General Protection Fault error just trying to play the damn game. Worse, it also happends during the middle of the game during arcs where I haven't saved my game which is very infuriating.

I haven't had a single crash playhing Mass Effect, despite a very glitchy installation experience. It's more stable than Kotor so far, touch wood. I was just thinking how unusual it was for such a graphically-demanding game to be so stable, especially given how often I'm saving and loading games. That said, I have the downloaded EA Store version, which I guess has different copy protection.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I haven't had a single crash playhing Mass Effect, despite a very glitchy installation experience. It's more stable than Kotor so far, touch wood. I was just thinking how unusual it was for such a graphically-demanding game to be so stable, especially given how often I'm saving and loading games. That said, I have the downloaded EA Store version, which I guess has different copy protection.

Actually, its the same copy protection.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I haven't had a single problem since I updated my drivers and downloaded SP2. No crashes... only the occasional stutter during conversations.

I'm playing a female, of course... gods, I hate the plastic hair. :thumbsup: And I like Kaidan! Of course I liked Carth too... and Atton (bad boys are appealing!).

I like the game so far (except for the damned decryption mini-game... *shudder* It's annoying enough to have taken the game from an A to a B in my book.). I love the little Mako; sniper site makes those cannons rock. Never enough money, though, and I haven't found any licenses beyond the first three $100 ones.

I haven't had a single problem since I updated my drivers and downloaded SP2. No crashes... only the occasional stutter during conversations.

I'm playing a female, of course... gods, I hate the plastic hair. :thumbsup: And I like Kaidan! Of course I liked Carth too... and Atton (bad boys are appealing!).

I like the game so far (except for the damned decryption mini-game... *shudder* It's annoying enough to have taken the game from an A to a B in my book.). I love the little Mako; sniper site makes those cannons rock. Never enough money, though, and I haven't found any licenses beyond the first three $100 ones.

Funny you mention the mini-game... I almost forgot it was even in there.

What are the controls on the PC for that? It's so intuitive on the XBOX 360, that I never actually had a single problem even once throughout the game, it wasn't even annoying, it felt very natural.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

What are the controls on the PC for that? It's so intuitive on the XBOX 360, that I never actually had a single problem even once throughout the game, it wasn't even annoying, it felt very natural.

The controls are just the arrow keys. It ain't so bad with the exception that it is pretty redicilous that you can hack something by moving somthing past some something into some other something. Kinda the same feeling I got from Oblivions speechcraft mini game.

Edit: It kinda feels out of place. Also reminds me of the minigames that Dreamfall had.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

It stuttered quite a bit for me in conversations and sometimes when I blew something up. I suspect it has something to do with sound. 2-3 times it freezed up completely. Those occasions scared me enough to start quick saving a lot. As for VAs, I've only done the male so far. He does that officer voice well, but as it has been said, that's practically the only voice he uses. It's not hard for me to believe that Hale is better.

SODOFF Steam group.

SecureROM is a pain in ME.

I often get General Protection Fault error just trying to play the damn game. Worse, it also happends during the middle of the game during arcs where I haven't saved my game which is very infuriating.

If it is happening in the middle of the game I doubt that it is a SecuROM issue.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I tried it a bit oh my computer and its alot slower than Unreal3, there is something inside ME that does not go well with 1920x1200. Granted, Im not exactly using a top notch card.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You can use the arrow keys or W,A,S,D depending on what's easier. I use the letters. There's a slight hesitation of reaction time in my game, which makes my not-so-wonderful coordination even worse. I hate that game. Hate. It.

The 360 version didnt even have a minigame, did it? It was just a question of pressing ABXY quickly in the right order.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The 360 version didnt even have a minigame, did it? It was just a question of pressing ABXY quickly in the right order.

Very true, I was confused about this for a while... Seems like Bioware changed it for the PC, and made it really bad.

The ABXY qte style button mash reflex blah is intuative and works, why is it that designers sometimes feel the need to break something that isn't broken? WSAD would have worked just as well.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

The ABXY qte style button mash reflex blah is intuative and works, why is it that designers sometimes feel the need to break something that isn't broken? WSAD would have worked just as well.

Smelly programmer. I like that BioWare made the effort to replace that old thing with something that atleast vaguely resembles a game. Ye olde "push the button flashing on the screen" was just plain retarded.

Although I wouldnt have made a minigame out of it in the first place, just a simple skillcheck.

Smelly programmer. I like that BioWare made the effort to replace that old thing with something that atleast vaguely resembles a game. Ye olde "push the button flashing on the screen" was just plain retarded.

Although I wouldnt have made a minigame out of it in the first place, just a simple skillcheck.

Oh I may indeed smell occasionally but that is down to the fact I spent X amount of hours/days implementing some half baked designers idea of some lame mini-game which nobody will like anyways.

It's taking something which was an occasional inconvenience (those few times you actually fail), and replacing it with something almost as bad as Oblivions stupid lock picking mini-game. NO SENSE, NO SENSE AT ALL!

I agree, a skill check just avoids the entire situation. That said I like the way Wizardry 7 dealt with lock picking.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg