What are you playing now?

Reinstalled NWN2 with MotB. No patches. Another game ending bug when no one recognizes that you have the first silver shard. Installed patches. Now we are in business finally. :p

I am now at Fort Locke doing the quests there.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

finished fallout 2

couldn't decide on a weapons skill, so i kept switching between the alien blaster, gauss pistol, and vindicator minigun

Vindicator FTW.

Alien Blaster makes a neat death animation.

hehe yeah i like watching them get disintegrated :bat:

i was disappointing that my followers didn't make it

Dogmeat died in the opening round of the very first fight he'd been in (found the cafe of broken dreams just on my way back to san fran to go to the oil rig), and K9 and Cassidy both died in a rather large fight against about 12-13 enclave troopers in power armour

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Damn Tiberium Wars, I give up. I can't get through that Sarajevo mission no matter what. I just don't have the patience to roll out yet another wave of Mammoths and watch them slowly get shredded to pieces thanks to horrible path-finding and atrociously quick game speed.

Was that the Temple Prime mission?

Yeah, Temple Prime as GDI. I do fine till Nod techs up to mass shadow teams and black hands. Then it becomes an exercise in tedium. I got as far as to the first ion protection field last time, but my forces were too spread(basically a long queue of Mammoths) and I was swarmed by beam cannons and a couple of avatars. I don't feel like doing it all over again, but I want to see the missions in chronological order and am trying to hold up playing further as Nod(in Sarajevo as well). It's too bad because I thought the previous Eastern Europe missions were superb as GDI goes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sins of a Solar Empire and Europa Universalis Rome.

SoaSE really is like a new Homeworld. Just missing some of the charm.

Rome is great! Paradox is a solid developer of historical games.

Fortune favors the bald.

Damn Tiberium Wars, I give up. I can't get through that Sarajevo mission no matter what. I just don't have the patience to roll out yet another wave of Mammoths and watch them slowly get shredded to pieces thanks to horrible path-finding and atrociously quick game speed.

Was that the Temple Prime mission?

Yeah, Temple Prime as GDI. I do fine till Nod techs up to mass shadow teams and black hands. Then it becomes an exercise in tedium. I got as far as to the first ion protection field last time, but my forces were too spread(basically a long queue of Mammoths) and I was swarmed by beam cannons and a couple of avatars. I don't feel like doing it all over again, but I want to see the missions in chronological order and am trying to hold up playing further as Nod(in Sarajevo as well). It's too bad because I thought the previous Eastern Europe missions were superb as GDI goes.

What difficulty were you playing on? It's been awhile since I've played that mission, but IIRC I just used suicide firehawks to kill all the important buildings. The stratofighter upgrade that lets them drop straight down into the enemy base worked wonders. 3-4 mammoths at each ramp entrance to the Nod base kept them penned in while I harvested the rest of the map to constantly replace my firehawks.

You seem to be having a lot more trouble with it than I did. What version are you running? I seem to recall a lot of balancing changes that may have caused this jump in difficulty. I'll go through that mission later tonight with a fully patched game and see what happens.

Edited by Deraldin

I'm playing on Normal. I have to say that it's not any exact problem I'm having. Instead I just do not seem to have the patience for mauling the Temple.

If you do decide to got through the mission for me, then I do thank you. I just don't know what kind of help I would need. The worst problem I seem to face currently is that of defence. The AI is rather nice for an RTS and seems to look for holes in my defence, which means that if I a) make the initial base more central on the map and circle the tib field with it in order to protect my economy, there's soon rocket militia and fanatics sneaking in the back and I have like three directions to defend, but if I b) make the base to the edge of the map, nod armour attacks my harvesters constantly.

I'll try the firehawk strategy once I'm home, it sounds like something I should have come up with. Maybe 8 firehawks to start with, and once most of the facilities are down, ergo the tide of black hands is down for the moment, bring in the death metal. I have a central base save where the situation isn't too dire yet(no shadows yet), but there I haven't taken the northern tib field though. Will probably restart. The pen them in -idea is good as well, with some Rigs, as it would move the fighting away from the tib zones and my bases.

Edit: I can't believe I'm this stumbled on a C&C game. Well, just about a whole new dev team and all, but still...

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

finished fallout 2

couldn't decide on a weapons skill, so i kept switching between the alien blaster, gauss pistol, and vindicator minigun

Vindicator FTW.

hehe yeah i like watching them get disintegrated :shifty:

Dogmeat died in the opening round of the very first fight he'd been in (found the cafe of broken dreams just on my way back to san fran to go to the oil rig), and K9 and Cassidy both died in a rather large fight against about 12-13 enclave troopers in power armour

You should have given Cassidy some power armor and a kick ass weapon. I usually have my npcs well armed and protected.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm playing on Normal. I have to say that it's not any exact problem I'm having. Instead I just do not seem to have the patience for mauling the Temple.

If you do decide to got through the mission for me, then I do thank you. I just don't know what kind of help I would need. The worst problem I seem to face currently is that of defence. The AI is rather nice for an RTS and seems to look for holes in my defence, which means that if I a) make the initial base more central on the map and circle the tib field with it in order to protect my economy, there's soon rocket militia and fanatics sneaking in the back and I have like three directions to defend, but if I b) make the base to the edge of the map, nod armour attacks my harvesters constantly.

I'll try the firehawk strategy once I'm home, it sounds like something I should have come up with. Maybe 8 firehawks to start with, and once most of the facilities are down, ergo the tide of black hands is down for the moment, bring in the death metal. I have a central base save where the situation isn't too dire yet(no shadows yet), but there I haven't taken the northern tib field though. Will probably restart. The pen them in -idea is good as well, with some Rigs, as it would move the fighting away from the tib zones and my bases.

Edit: I can't believe I'm this stumbled on a C&C game. Well, just about a whole new dev team and all, but still...

Okay, I see why you're getting stuck now. They've really beefed up the AI and seriously downgraded the mammoth from when I last played. Nod actually uses all the units at their disposal this time including venoms and their bombers (which for the life of me I can't remember the name of right now). Defence certainly seems to require a more active hand now than it did before. I screwed up massively during my run through, but it gave me enough insight as to what could be done.

As soon as you can, build a third Pitbull and run them on a suicide mission towards the nod base. Two of them should be wiped out right away by the Nod Obelisks, but the third should make it through to the ramp and unlock the Juggernauts for you. They'll allow you to take out the Obelisks without taking any casualties.

Your next objective should be the Tiberium field to the north. Grab some APCs and load them up with a commando and some snipers and/or rifle infantry. Use these to take out the infantry that come from the northern paths while you use the Juggernauts to take out the Obelisks. Once the obelisks are gone you'll need to stake something at each of the two northern paths. Anything that kills infantry fast will do. With the northern Tiberium field secured move in a build a new refinery up there to reduce wait times.

The new influx of cash should let you build up a force of mammoths to secure the bottom two paths to your base. Once you've got those you should be able to relax a little, just keep an eye on your blockades and replace troops/buildings as necessary. From there you just build up your Firehawks and use the Stratofighter upgrade to bypass the AA in the Nod Base. Drop them in near, but not on the Ion Cannon shield things and immediately tell them to bomb the structure. Once that's done you should be able to use the Ion Cannon and your artillery to take out enemy Power Plants to knock out the defences leaving you free to waltz with the mammoths you built earlier to hold the southern ramps.

Hopefully that helps you out somewhat. Of course it'll still take some patience to get through this though. :shifty:

I was doing that pitbull trick already, heh.

Thanks Deraldin. Now to just hope that the AI doesn't change the unit composition it throws through the northern gates into armour. Am screwed were that to happen.

Hell, it seems I'm still kind of buffed over this game.

kirottu said:

finished fallout 2

Vindicator FTW.

hehe yeah i like watching them get disintegrated o:)

You should have given Cassidy some power armor and a kick ass weapon. I usually have my npcs well armed and protected.

i did!

hardened power armour and a gauss rifle

but he was no match for the swarm of enclave chaps

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Kana ~Little Sister~

Just started playing despite knowing what the ending will be. I just hope I don't fall into a week long depression based on the feedbacks of many others who had played the game before.

I think my monitor might be going bad. Buying that new $800 computer (oh, did I mention the seperate purchase of a new graphics card and power supply?) to fix what I thought was a video problem might have been going overboard. But totally worth it. I think the monitor is still under warranty.

Or what just happened (that was pretty close to what happened with the last computer) was an isolated incident. Looks isolated so far, actually.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

finished fallout 2

Vindicator FTW.

hehe yeah i like watching them get disintegrated :ermm:

i did!

hardened power armour and a gauss rifle

but he was no match for the swarm of enclave chaps

I am about to scout out the area around Navarro before visiting the base itself. As an experiment, I am going up in the area infested with enclave troopers having Sulik and Marcus in my party. Vic is having a good time staying in San Francisco and Skynet and Cassidy are enjoying themselves at Ms. Kittys in New Reno ;)

Marcus is armed with a mega powerfist (it took me forever to figure out how to make him use that) and a truckload of stimpacks, Sulik has power armour and super sledge.

On a sidenote, I noticed something new in NCR, a hooded guy who would fit a "blower" to my car. What the heck is that? I also discovered a guy in the bar outside town, "Merk" who has jobs for me. Never ran into that guy before :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect

I've been playing GTA IV a couple times over the last fortnight or so. By God I love the game. I finished the Vlad missions yesterday so I'm still early on in the story. Niko's cool.

I am about to scout out the area around Navarro before visiting the base itself. As an experiment, I am going up in the area infested with enclave troopers having Sulik and Marcus in my party. Vic is having a good time staying in San Francisco and Skynet and Cassidy are enjoying themselves at Ms. Kittys in New Reno :lol:

Marcus is armed with a mega powerfist (it took me forever to figure out how to make him use that) and a truckload of stimpacks, Sulik has power armour and super sledge.

On a sidenote, I noticed something new in NCR, a hooded guy who would fit a "blower" to my car. What the heck is that? I also discovered a guy in the bar outside town, "Merk" who has jobs for me. Never ran into that guy before :)

You have mods installed? I don't recall any of those encounters.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I am about to scout out the area around Navarro before visiting the base itself. As an experiment, I am going up in the area infested with enclave troopers having Sulik and Marcus in my party. Vic is having a good time staying in San Francisco and Skynet and Cassidy are enjoying themselves at Ms. Kittys in New Reno :lol:

On a sidenote, I noticed something new in NCR, a hooded guy who would fit a "blower" to my car. What the heck is that? I also discovered a guy in the bar outside town, "Merk" who has jobs for me. Never ran into that guy before :)

You have mods installed? I don't recall any of those encounters.

No mods, just the 1.02 patch. By accident more than design, I ran too far west of the slave pens in the bazar area and noticed a hooded guy among a lot of junk. As for Merk, he seems only to be there (in the little bar outside NCR) at night :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The hooded guy will decrease the energy cell cost of fueling your car, IIRC. He's always been there in my games.

I remember Merk as well, but I've never taken his missions.

kirottu said:

So I just finished JE. I played last hour with easy combat, because I got bored with it. For a action RPG it has way too little variation with it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.