Xbox 360 Respawned

Gorth

BREAKING NEWS:LOL

121610333668bh7.jpg

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You can make it through this Xard. We are pulling for you.

pwned :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Seriously though, I hope that was a joke by whoever wrote that thing. It's scary to think there is someone that emo over the FF series. I like the games, but wow.

So...no one is going to play BF: Bad Company with me? It looks better than CoD4.

It is depressing that people are actually reacting this way to Final Fantasy going multiplatform. I mean if this guy could handle FF jumping from Nintendo to Sony i don't see how the game being released on more then one console suddenly causes his world to collapse.

Yeah, it's still coming out on the PS3, the 360 version will just be a port of it. Likewise, FFXIII 'Versus' (apparently a sidestory set in the same world) is still PS3 exclusive (and full of emos and zippers) so this really doesn't effect PS3 fanboys at all save that it's somthing that morons from the other camps can rub in their faces over its lack of exclusivity.

But hey, more money to the devs that make the games they love and they complain? Other peoples children.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

And the PS3 still has a very limited exclusivity for Final Fantasy XIII.. in Japan. It's supposed to be released there a month earlier than in the rest of the world and only on the PS3.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Seriously though, I hope that was a joke by whoever wrote that thing. It's scary to think there is someone that emo over the FF series. I like the games, but wow.

So...no one is going to play BF: Bad Company with me? It looks better than CoD4.

I would, but Paying for Live is not on my priority list right now.

Also, I can't believe the amount of jealousy FF fanboys are spitting out right now. Your game is still coming to PS3, what's wrong with other people playing it?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I bought Bad Company jerks.

It's awesome, and I've made new friends so I don't even need you guys anymore!

Ok, I lied about the friend part, but the game really is awesome. The single player campaign is solid and fairly humorous, and the MP is a step up from CoD4. The destructible environment really amazes, there's nothing as satisfying as bringing a house down around a sniper's head with under the barrel grenades. Plus, vehicles are a nice change, loading 4 guys into a jeep is almost as good as a warthog.

Plus, vehicles are a nice change, loading 4 guys into a jeep is almost as good as a warthog.

I have yet to try to make a "Doom Buggy". It's essentially a troop warthog filled with marines, each with a Spartan laser, driven by the player. Screw the scorpion, this thing would kick everything's ass.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

CoD4

Sold!

Seriously though, i'm not even going to consider this game until it patches in a conquest mode, and even then Llyranor, while saying that the destruction was awosme, didn't like the shooting one bit. And that's the thing, lots of people have said it's 'good' but between that and Akrid Hunter you won't even see me turn my head, and that's even before Mercs 2 (which laughs at your puny destruciton physics), GoW2 and Left4Dead comes out.

Hadescopy.jpg

BF: Bad Company has some insane destruction physics. I haven't seen any of that in Mercs2... falling buildings don't count, they've been in lots of games.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Mercenaries 2 is an entirely different title. That's like saying you won't buy CoD4 because GTA4 is coming out. They don't have much in common.

What does Llyr say is wrong with the aiming? I'm getting the hang of it, and I usually hate not having a mouse.

Yes, it's an entirely different title that we're actually going to play!

Either way, Llyranor said he didn't enjoy the shooting. He basically spent 10 minutes blowing stuff up 'awsome', then tried to actually play the game and got bored, which is enough for me not to bother trying until they put in a conquest mode.

As for the destruction physics, i've seen nothing to suggest that they're any better than Soldiers or Silent Storm, except in first person, becides which, the 'you can knock down anything! (except any supporting walls)' thing is kinda funny.

Hadescopy.jpg

Yes, it's an entirely different title that we're actually going to play!

Either way, Llyranor said he didn't enjoy the shooting. He basically spent 10 minutes blowing stuff up 'awsome', then tried to actually play the game and got bored, which is enough for me not to bother trying until they put in a conquest mode.

As for the destruction physics, i've seen nothing to suggest that they're any better than Soldiers or Silent Storm, except in first person, becides which, the 'you can knock down anything! (except any supporting walls)' thing is kinda funny.

There's one support wall in every house at best, and even then you never have any reason to blow it up, seeing as you'll be blowing the exterior walls all the time.

It's not that the shooting is bad, it's just that it's nothing special. I just have absolutely zero interest in Bad Company. I'm not investing in a PvP-focused game that no will end up playing unless I have interest in the actual game in and of itself. It's the same problem as in CoD4, even though they're different games. I wouldn't have bothered getting CoD4 if (and hey, the core gameplay WAS enjoyable, I just didn't find it substantial enough - or we had already exhausted all that was to be experienced in the game, at least for Nick and me) if other people didn't rave about the mp (and I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed if the sp wasn't a big bore). The same thing would have happened with GTA4. We were *considering* it for the Obs crew. But look at the lot of you. When was the last time you even touched that game? Did you even go through a single co-op mission together? Did you even get any substantial PvP out of it? I rant and whine, but the point is that I'm not investing in a game unless the actual gameplay has me interested. In Ace Combat 6, the bulk of the gameplay has been from the PvP, and it's just Nick and me, and yet the game has had incredible lasting value, and we still play it.

L4D and Mercs2 will be completely different experiences, but if we're going to be comparing PvP, I'll stick with Gears2 once that comes out (+ co-op campaign, + Horde mode). Though, again, unfair comparison.

Don't get me wrong, destructible terrain would be awesome if I gave half a Hades about the game. I'd just sooner get the next Brothers in Arms, and I don't think I'll even be picking that up.

And I'd still get the game if Nick told me to. We just don't get to game much with the rest of you. You're either dead or in CoD4 most of the time.

Hadescopy.jpg

So I downloaded the Too Human demo and then I played it for a bit and then I discovered it was the opposite of fun and then I deleted it and then all was right with the world. The End.

Nothing about that game has ever appealed to me. I'm confused about all the hype it gets.

It sounds like an awful game, honestly.

It just sounds like a very odd game. It's a weird premise. Nothing wrong with mythology because it was worked in and out of Max Payne, but given the ambitious goals that they had and all the marketing they did, I don't think it's going to do well. Plus Dennis Dyack keeps getting into it with people on message boards and I'm not convinced that any publicity is good publicity in the video game world.