What you did today

Walsingham

haven't done it yet, but i defend my dissertation in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

taks

All the best :lol:

just got back after the celebration beer. i successfully defended my dissertation today. in exactly 3 weeks, i'll be posting (for one day) as drtaks. :) man i feel relieved.

thanks, gorth.

mark

Awesome! :thumbsup:

Congrats Taks. What exactly did you get a doctorate in and what was your thesis about?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Guest The Architect
No... No, I'm pretty sure he comes around every now and then to hit me in the head (so I pass out), steal all my money and pour diesel in my mouth. Why else would all those things happen when I get piss drunk?

What the hell, I didn't realise there were Aboriginals in Sweden.

No... No, I'm pretty sure he comes around every now and then to hit me in the head (so I pass out), steal all my money and pour diesel in my mouth. Why else would all those things happen when I get piss drunk?

What the hell, I didn't realise there were Aboriginals in Sweden.

Yeah is it true that aboriginals are horrible horrible a holes? I vaguely remember someone in a wc3 clan I used to be in was Australian and he absolutely despised them and said they threw bricks through windows and other a hole type things. Then I remember a substitute teacher in elementary school who fell in love with the aboriginals and honestly believed they could speak to the animals. I wish I had a time machine so I could throw her off a building. People like that shouldn't be allowed to pollute the minds of children, or be able to walk.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

taks

All the best :p

just got back after the celebration beer. i successfully defended my dissertation today. in exactly 3 weeks, i'll be posting (for one day) as drtaks. :o man i feel relieved.

thanks, gorth.

mark

Woohoo!

Congratulations Dr. Taks :brows:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect
Yeah is it true that aboriginals are horrible horrible a holes? I vaguely remember someone in a wc3 clan I used to be in was Australian and he absolutely despised them and said they threw bricks through windows and other a hole type things. Then I remember a substitute teacher in elementary school who fell in love with the aboriginals and honestly believed they could speak to the animals. I wish I had a time machine so I could throw her off a building. People like that shouldn't be allowed to pollute the minds of children, or be able to walk.

A lot of the city ones are ****in' pricks, yes. The racist ones that roam around clubs in groups, picking fights, that hang around pubs and train stations that are pissed and stoned of their ****, that hang around Centrelink, smell like ****, have rotten teeth, are loud, confrontational, rob houses, steal cars and smash windows with bricks and ****.. yeah they're wankers.

But on the flip side the mongrel country/suburban Abo's are few and far between, and given my location that's good news for me. These types are usually better educated, more sheltered and more into footy than drugs than their counterpart city cousins are. In fact one of the nicest guys I've ever met is an Aboriginal. Very polite, easy going, well groomed footy player he was. Like in every culture there's ****suckers that give the rest a bad name but there appears to be more rotten apples than good ones in the Abo bunch to me.

taks

All the best :lol:

just got back after the celebration beer. i successfully defended my dissertation today. in exactly 3 weeks, i'll be posting (for one day) as drtaks. :lol: man i feel relieved.

thanks, gorth.

mark

Congratulations Dr. Taks! That is really great. You have reached the pinnicle of engineering academia. I need to borrow your brain on Monday to help me work out some RF issues issues causing dropped handoffs between GSM and UMTS networks. Please FedEx it down immediately. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A lot of the city ones are ****in' pricks, yes. The racist ones that roam around clubs in groups, picking fights, that hang around pubs and train stations that are pissed and stoned of their ****, that hang around Centrelink, smell like ****, have rotten teeth, are loud, confrontational, rob houses, steal cars and smash windows with bricks and ****.. yeah they're wankers.

But on the flip side the mongrel country/suburban Abo's are few and far between, and given my location that's good news for me. These types are usually better educated, more sheltered and more into footy than drugs than their counterpart city cousins are. In fact one of the nicest guys I've ever met is an Aboriginal. Very polite, easy going, well groomed footy player he was. Like in every culture there's ****suckers that give the rest a bad name but there appears to be more rotten apples than good ones in the Abo bunch to me.

Surely you're more likely to notice the bad apples, since they're the ones in the street causing a ruckus?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Worked

Went out to dinner.

Couple of hours of hot passionate sex.

And now to play some Fallout 2.

Today was good. :)

except for the work part, that sounds like the perfect day :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Not what I did, but what hubby did, today. It's not finished, but it's good start on getting his server racks put together for his office. Which is nice because it empties out the garage somewhat. Hehehe

server-rack2a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not what I did, but what hubby did, today. It's not finished, but it's good start on getting his server racks put together for his office. Which is nice because it empties out the garage somewhat. Hehehe

That is a lot. Why not have a few servers with large or multiple hard drives?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

That is a lot. Why not have a few servers with large or multiple hard drives?

I barely know what he does with all of them, so I don't have much of an idea. :brows:

Most of them are fairly old hardware wise...he doesn't need "new" to do most of his stuff...and I think most of them run different versions of Linux. I'm sure he has a reason for keeping them separated/isolated...hubby doesn't do anything without a reason.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest The Architect

Probably me.

Surely you're more likely to notice the bad apples, since they're the ones in the street causing a ruckus?

Yeah. Can you blame me for going by what I've seen and heard, though? It's hard not to argue it's not the general consensus around here.

Congrats Taks. What exactly did you get a doctorate in and what was your thesis about?

technically "engineering" with an emphasis in electrical engineering because UCCS had to combine all of its phd programs under one umbrella since the smaller departments were not graduating enough phds to keep the state happy. realisitically, it is "electrical engineering" with an emphasis in communications and signal processing. my dissertation was a DS-CDMA receiver that combined a channel estimation method with an adaptive symbol detection method. DS-CDMA is the method most PCS (cell-phone) carriers in the US use.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I fought the distraction to actually ban someone for the first time!

:)

?

:ermm:

:o

*wonders who it was*

I haven't seen J.E. Sawyer for a while :shifty:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Congratulations Dr. Taks! That is really great. You have reached the pinnicle of engineering academia. I need to borrow your brain on Monday to help me work out some RF issues issues causing dropped handoffs between GSM and UMTS networks. Please FedEx it down immediately. :lol:

yeah, i guess they call it a "terminal" degree for a reason. not an RF guy, though i do understand it enough to work in that realm.

the toll this degree has taken on my health cannot be ignored, btw.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

So I guess this means taks is going to be working quite a lucrative job I imagine? Here's to making an exorbitant amount of money while being a workaholic and your kids hating you for never being around but no one seems to understand that you are doing it for them and you wanted them to have a life that you never did and you finally quit the big money, the fancy cars, and the 1000 dollar hookers to be with your family but its too late, you're an old man and people are bitter aholes even if you put a silver spoon in their mouth. That's my dream baby. Good luck.