Who is Atris?

Yeah, the E3 demo "storyline" had nothing to do with the K2 game - it was a conscious decision.

The white-haired chick in the demo isn't Arren Kae - it's just one of the female PC heads you can choose. I don't think the "white haired chick" was in any of the E3 levels, and if she was, then she's a sneaky one.

Which doesn' reveal anything of course.

who the hell is Arren Kae?

just a sidenote I guess everyone had figured out already but what the heck: if the WHC is a joinable NPC, then so is Darth Mask (which would be sweet)

Well, I have heard that a dev actually spilled the beans on the name of the concept art/wallpaper girl being "Atris." Several people saw the name and by the time the dev realized a mistake was made. It was soon quickly removed from the forums so that no further people would read the post. So it's almost 100% sure that the white-haired girl IS Atris. However, the hooded Jedi is another person. Those are the facts.

I dont think the devs go into that much detail when picking a name.

Why not, Darth Vader, common knowledge here, means Dark Father in German, so why not have another character whose name means something in relation to it?

Well, actually, Father in German is Vater. Vader is Dutch. Darth is a combination of the words "Dark" and "Death."

But that's neither here nor there.

I'm curious as to if/why Darth Masked Sith is a playable NPC.

"You shall not pass!"

I doubt that any Sith Lords will be offered as a party member. Kinda reduces their power stature by placing them in your own level. Besides, I doubt any Sith Lord would willingly join some newbie dark side Jedi. They are the title characters and probably the primary villains. It would be interesting, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I doubt that any Sith Lords will be offered as a party member. Kinda reduces their power stature by placing them in your own level. Besides, I doubt any Sith Lord would willingly join some newbie dark side Jedi. They are the title characters and probably the primary villains. It would be interesting, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yes, neither would I. I was merely commenting on Pope's early comment on how he thought Darth Masked Sith would be an NPC if Atris is.

"You shall not pass!"

• 5 weeks later...

First off, i'd like to say hi and this is my first post.

Secondly, I do have a hypothesis and it might be ridiculous but I think the hooded jedi may well be bastila. the reason i would say this is because that character beside the "hooded jedi" is one of the possible main character choices in the original kotor. Also, i just think that that character looks like Bastila and the hood was to ensure her identity was not given away.

But, why would they post such a screenshot? I dont really know. The screenshot might be one of revan and bastila fighting together. I dont know and feel free to blow holes in my theory.

Firstly IMO the name Atris really comes from the latin adverb "atrum"(dark, sinister, etc.). i always look up names that occur in computer games and in most cases one can find a latin, greek or any other root that fits. thats because making up good names is quite hard. so they often use other languages to do it. and they never care about gramatics... why should they.

Secondly: here comes my theory...

Until now you all only mentioned two female jedi. But in fact we have seen three: the white haired one from the conseptional arts, the one wearing the white robe and hood AND the old evil female jedi with the dark hood, the one with the white plaits. could SHE be Atris? if she was Atris the name would fit wouldn't it? (only a thought: than the one from the conseptional art could be bastila. if you look closely it might really be her... only problem: i can't imagine how she might have aged that fast!

and now go on.. tear my theory into pieces!

(i must admit that it is really strange they just removed the post saying the white haired one was Atris. they never said it was wrong... they would have if it realy were wouldn't they? but still... there are two female jedi with white hair... some one might have mixed something up!)

I was saying this was Bastila.... Its probably not correct but I think it could be her, who knows?

As for Atris, I would say that she is this person.

But yes you make a good point... the name Atris is derived from the latin word "atrum". This word does means evil, sinister, or dark. However, we will only know the whole story when the game launches. Until then, we'll be in the dark...

The facial structure of the one you (darth ni) think is bastila doesn't seem to resemble bastilas face at all in my opinion, even though it's hard to tell from the angle the faces simply don't look alike to me. As for the pic of atris, I realy hope they go witht the wallpaper/earlier concept art version, had a much nicer face. Ofcourse thats also just my opinion.

Atris= White haired concept art/wallpaper chick

Kreia= Old and wise mentorish character

Atton Rand= subject to hefty dual face lifts, the han solo replica of the game

Mira= The bounty hunter that didn't want to hurt anybody, a real oddball in the industry

T3-M4= the old 1975 apple computer of the R2-D2 line of astromech droids

HK-47= Our ever loving phsycotic droid of the year, returning with a new paint job and a re-erased memory

Unknown white robed jedi female= Nobody knows and not all too many are interested in finding out in comparison to finding out about the other care, or atleast so it seems in the polls

Unknown sith armor character= a mysterious unkown with darth vader ish breathing, dark or light, who or what this character is, has yet to be seen though many seem atleast intriguied by the armor clad warrior with the daunting mandalorian style visor

Darth Ni= The supposed named for the masked sith guy, ever ominous and evil, he is depicted in battle with Atris in a dual of fates before the halls of an anceint building yet unknown, a shadow cast by the ragged robes and skull like mask befalls the community in a mystery

Darth Sion= Resident Evil meet star wars *zombie goes phsyco on sith* I SAID MEET STARWARS NOT EAT STARWARS! Darth Sion is the twisted remains of a warrior long torn of his form in battle, held together by hate and sheer will the darkside fuels his quest to rule the galaxy and possibly infect it with the T-virus and somehow involve a new faction known as the dark umbrella empire, once a republic cosmetics company attatched to czerka corp, now an evil empire built on hoardes of infected undead creatures

I'm probaly forgetting some characters, but hey it's late

you maybe rigt, but seeing her up close from zoom it looks a lot like the chick in the concept art, except for the clothing. <_<

On the other if the woman in the white hood from the screenshot was Bastila she should have a yellow lightsaber since she was a sentinel, not a blue one from a guardian, but that doesn't have to mean anything since probably that's not Basttila IMO.