Mass Effect is coming to PC

Meshugger

I think this needs a seperate thread:

Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:

* Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.

* High resolution visuals

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I cry bitter tears when I think about System Recommendations...

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

My guess for recommended requirements:

- Intel Quad-Core or similar processors

- 2 GB RAM

- DirectX 10 graphic card with 512MB memory (GeForce 8800 GT or higher)

- 12GB freespace on HDD

- Internet connection for online registration (same as Bioshock).

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Cool. I'll buy it.

(Although I could afford to grab a 360 to play it now if I wanted to, my video gaming time is usually my fiancee's watch-stuff-I-don't-like-on-TV time, so switching to a console would have disastrous relationship consequences.)

(Although I could afford to grab a 360 to play it now if I wanted to, my video gaming time is usually my fiancee's watch-stuff-I-don't-like-on-TV time...)

Lol, same here. Whenever American Idol, Extreme Home Makeover or Biggest Loser come on, I dart off to go play WoW.

I can run Gears of War and Bioshock just fine. So I have little fear here.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

(Although I could afford to grab a 360 to play it now if I wanted to, my video gaming time is usually my fiancee's watch-stuff-I-don't-like-on-TV time...)

Lol, same here. Whenever American Idol, Extreme Home Makeover or Biggest Loser come on, I dart off to go play WoW.

In my case, it's usually one of a dozen different shows that help people find, clean, improve, decorate, or flip their homes.

To get back to the topic, it's nice that they're re-working the inventory interface. Hopefully it will be better than the clunky console-ish system that KotOR ended up with.

The game runs on the XBox 360. It can't have that big of system requirements.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Don't know but according to Microsoft the game is still a XBox 360 Exclusive and it will remain so. Someone here isn't communicating with the rest of the buggers involved in this.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Don't know but according to Microsoft the game is still a XBox 360 Exclusive and it will remain so. Someone here isn't communicating with the rest of the buggers involved in this.

Oftentimes when people speak of "exclusive" they mean console exclusive.

That is sily. When I think of exclusive when it comes to games I think that the game is on only one platform. Such as NWN2 is a Windows exclusive. That sort of thing. Looks like ME is going to need to labeling on their boxes. "Only on Xbox 360" is soon going to be a lie.

That is sily. When I think of exclusive when it comes to games I think that the game is on only one platform. Such as NWN2 is a Windows exclusive. That sort of thing. Looks like ME is going to need to labeling on their boxes. "Only on Xbox 360" is soon going to be a lie.

Or maybe you can get over it. Even timed exclusives often have such.

Edited by Tale

Get over what? I think this is a good thing. When MEPC is released I'll buy it. Its not like I am going to get rid of my XBox 360 over it. I still need to get Lost Odyssey.

Get over the fact that they don't brand like you think they should.

Nah. That would be to reasonable. :teehee:

From what I have heard the Texture pop up is a limitation of the engine itself and will be inthe PC version, unfortunately.

From what I have heard the Texture pop up is a limitation of the engine itself and will be inthe PC version, unfortunately.

And from what i've heard, it was about Bioware compromising between no load times (=texture pop-ups) and load times (= no texture pop-ups). This is due to the lack of HDD on the Xbox360 that made them stream the textures from the disc. With a HDD, there shouldn't be any problems, fortunately :teehee:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

You have a point there. I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully I will have a 8800GT SLI video cards by then.

There is some texture pop uon right after loading in Bioshock for PC. It's supposed to be an engine problem. All that is necessary for the problem to be "solved", is to have the loading screen stay up for a few seconds longer while the textures show up.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Unreal3 is a highly optimized and fast engine, everyone with an average computer should be able to run MEPC at 1280x1024 on the highest settings without a hitch.

...also, it was fairly obvious that ME would be released on PC :teehee:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It wasn't a matter of "if" but a matter of "when."