Which would you choose

Tale

Imagine you are lost in the woods. After a few hours stumbling about, a fog descends and you find yourself on a trail. You follow it fifteen minutes, thirty minutes, your perception of time has gone and it could be hours and you happen upon a fork in the road accompanied by a sign. The left path leads to Raccoon City and the right leads to the town of Silent Hill. Both these names are familiar to you as well as the reason for their notoriety. However, you must go forward and you must choose a path.

Which path do you choose?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Silent Hill. Because I like scary games.

Wrong forum?

*facepalm*

I had hoped the appropriate context of the question would have been a little more obvious.

I choose Raccoon City. It's known for being populated by very stupid and slow people, which makes surviving a lot easier. As long as a powerful, invisible grand designer doesn't hold your legs while you attack them, of course.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd choose Raccoon City just for it being a city that obeys the laws of a semi-rational universe. Silent Hill? Fudge no, all bets are off. Living mannaquins, pyramids for heads, all manners of monstrosity and events that just. should. not. be.

Edited by Tale

Well, Im not sure what Racoon City is but Silent Hill is full of evil spirits and whatnot so Ill choose the dum-dums in Racoon City.

EDIT: The all knowing wiki has informed me that Raccoon City is the town in RE. Hmm, tough choice. Ill stay with Raccoon City. Zombies can be blasted, evil spirits cant.

Edited by Gfted1

Well, Im not sure what Racoon City is but Silent Hill is full of evil spirits and whatnot so Ill choose the dum-dums in Racoon City.

You never played Resident Evil?

Take me down to Racoon City where the grass is green and the girls are... um... itchy... tasty... :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Wow, I was hoping there'd be more of a fight. Nobody's willing to choose Silent Hill over Racoon City.

Zombies are physical and make that satisfying crunch sound when you take a baseball bat to their skulls. For some odd reason you just don't get the same level of joy out of fighting spirits.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Zombies are physical and make that satisfying crunch sound when you take a baseball bat to their skulls. For some odd reason you just don't get the same level of joy out of fighting spirits.

Have you even played Silent Hill? They make crunch sounds!

Never played either game but I love cats and racoons might as well be as close as it'll come so why not.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Guest The Architect
I'll mace my way through Racoon City.

Yeah, sure. You couldn't even mace your way through Ant City, ****face. :devil:

I choose Silent Hill. Fear is for the weak! If I can fight the Internets, then I can fight Silent Hill!

I haven't played RE or SH, for the record.

I choose Silent Hill, because Raccoon City gets nuked.

Same. And I'll gladly take an alternate shadow reality which transforms the locals into manifestations of your unconscious fears over a town full of shotgun-wielding maniacs and living dead any day. Not to mention, the former has so far given a chance of survival to every odd straggler that decides to stumble inside its borders, but to enter Raccoon City you absolutely need assault and weaponry training in order to survive the various genetically enhanced monstrosities and zombie hordes. At least in Silent Hill I can survive with a lead pipe and my wits about. Also, no need to eat and a hot nurses.

Another interesting comparison that springs to mind would be between the village in Forbidden Siren and the mall in Dead Rising. First is hell on earth, second is full of psychopaths and a million zed-heads.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Turn around and head back taking neither option.

But... But... That leads to the Mushroom Kingdom!