Eidos Announces Deus Ex 3

funcroc

I've played through Deus Ex more times than I'd like to admit. Not very interested in music though. I'm guessing it's the main theme of Deus Ex or something, judging from your high-horse reaction.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest The Architect

I'm hoping it won't really matter if you play Deus Ex 3 without having played Deus Ex 2. Well, it's not that I didn't play it at all, but after about 15 minutes or so of playing it, I stopped and will never play that game again. I just thought it sucked compared to Deus Ex, the best game I've ever played.

I'm going to be an optimist and baselessly predict that Deus Ex 3 will be pretty cool - better than the 2nd, but not as good as the first.

Guest The Architect

Oh... it is? Well... I guess when you really look at it, there's no chance that Deus Ex 3 isn't going to suck.

It's not that I'm too afraid to break the rules... I'm a big man... it's now all about wanting to be all pessimistic about games and stuff, like I was told all the cool people are doing, like Sand for example.

I think the fact that both console owners and PC owners were... mildly impressed... with Deus Ex 2, while Deus Ex 1 was successful, will hopefully give the developers some hints on how to make Deus Ex 3.

The PR lady also talks about Deus Ex, while not mentioning Deux Ex 2. (which would hint at what game they think they should follow up on)

Greater hardware in consoles also means that we'll see larger maps and stuff (most likely). While we might not get a Deus Ex 1 FPS/RPG, chances are we'll get something better than Deus Ex 2. I thought IW was an OK game, but it was small (in all ways) compared to the real beast: Deus Ex 1.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic. This could go any way, and it's not like we've seen any of their design decisions, story or art yet.

Btw, interesting that they revived it now*COUGH*CRYSIS*COUGH*NANO-TECH*COUGH* :p

Edited by Noceur

... although if the quality of their forum is any indication, this game is rather doomed. ;D

I still haven't gotten any confirmation mail, and I signed up hours ago.

btw, sorry about the double post but for some reason I couldn't find the edit button.

EDIT: Hmm, can we only edit our posts once or something?

Edited by Noceur

There is a 30 minute time limit to edit your posts. At least I think it's half an hour.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I can't help but always relate everything "Montreal" with Ubisoft Montreal, which only makes mediocre games at best. Let's just hope the new Eidos studio will stand out of this monstrously lame game machinery, and make DX3 a worthy, creative successor to the original classic.

I thought Splinter Cell and Chaos Theory were both excellent games. The two weaker games of the series (Pandora Tomorrow and Double Agent) were developed in Shanghai (well, current gen Double Agent was Montreal, but I don't know who designed the primary story).

The original and Chaos Theory were definitely the stronger ones. The former is actually a puzzle game with stealth elements, rather than the action game it was marketed as and as such I can forgive the game's cons, like the immense amount of gotcha-traps, incredibly irritating alarm systems and general railroading, by a wide margin.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The former is actually a puzzle game with stealth elements

Are you sure you're not my long lost twin?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 9 months later...

Hopefully some more info will be revealed. Some ingame screenshots would be nice.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's only in IE, apparently. Also, Firefox's spellchecker doesn't require an installation.

Talk about a late reply.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: