What are you playing now?

Gorth

I'm all over the place. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, yesterday I started Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, and today I recieved Gears of War.

I should finish The Witcher before I start Gears of War, however.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Star Wars: Republic Commando.

One of the most atmospheric Star Wars games ever. It easily beats the KotOR series.

rc1um5.th.jpg

That game is still at the top of my top 10 list. It's incredibly badass.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

For the Xbox, they were amazing.

Though the Super Battle Droids were ridiculously tough... and the wrist-blade was practically the best weapon.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Star Wars: Republic Commando.

One of the most atmospheric Star Wars games ever. It easily beats the KotOR series.

rc1um5.th.jpg

Graphics don't look that bad.

Indeed they don't. They even look better in motion.

Anyway, I'm nearing the end of the Eschalon: Book I. I haven't had so much fun with a CRPG since Arcanum. Damn, fun game.

And also, I will be playing Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome this weekend. I've just ordered my CD.

http://www.teudogar.com/

So much game, so little time. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

centinexx.png

^seen the trailer. There should be a separate thread about it somewhere.

Still playing Mass Effect and The Witcher though, and the verdict so far for me, is that the former is a pretty good game, and the latter could be a classic.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I've beaten Eschalon: Book I and seen the all possible three endings. One of the best games I've played in recent years. So my next indie purchases will be:

- Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome (Already bought the game. Just waiting the CD to arrive)

- Aquaria

- Depths of Peril

- Starscape

- Aveyond 2 (Not sure about this one. First game was OK but it's really easy to find free RPGMaker games that easliy match Aveyond)

centinexx.png

Aquaria looks good. I may have to get Eschalon. Still unsure, but you seem to love it enough that it's encouraging!

Aquaria looks good. I may have to get Eschalon. Still unsure, but you seem to love it enough that it's encouraging!

Well, if you're a fan of long, complex conversation trees, very strategic battles, lots of NPCs with different personalities then it won't appeal to you as much as it did to me. But if you're looking for an old-school feeling, a logical character system, a brand new(yet not so original) world that waiting to be explored and great production values, you can't go wrong with E:B I.The game is really greater than sum of its parts and deserves that $30.

Aquaria will be available this friday BTW.

centinexx.png

Call of Duty 4. For a game that had its single player bashed for being to short, I was very happy. Most FPSs that are action driven (as opposed to games like Bioshock) seem to long to me mostly. By the end I'm just walking around like a zombie shooting at anything that moves. The story was pretty decent and I think it ended just soon enough. I still hate games that end with a

missile silo

level.

The multiplayer is pretty deep, and I'm enjoying it way more then Halo.

Now that I've finally put my new system together, spending equal time on Crysis, Call of Duty 4, and The Witcher.

Haven't even started the SP campaign with COD, I'm having way too much fun playing the multiplayer.

Crysis is jaw-dropping in terms of visuals, and has the gameplay to back it up.

The Witcher seems pretty cool, but unless I'm drastically missing something, the combat is singularly uninspired. Wait for flaming sword to light up, left click, repeat until you want to choke yourself with your shoelaces. Also, I'm mildly confused as to how my pasty, white-haired, clearly far too Goth swordsman manages to lay every single female he comes across - often by giving them things like half a cat carcass. I've tried that. It doesn't work.

The Witcher seems pretty cool, but unless I'm drastically missing something, the combat is singularly uninspired. Wait for flaming sword to light up, left click, repeat until you want to choke yourself with your shoelaces.

Restart the game on hard. The flaming sword is gone, and the difficulty of the enemies forces you to use alchemy and monster knowledge a lot, turning the combat into a much more engaging affair.

Or so I heard. I still haven't bought the damn game. :sad:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Flaming sword? What flaming sword? I have no idea what this flaming sword is. I'm on medium and don't have to use alchemy too much. I have to use Cat's Eye for dark places and I will occasionally use a Necrophage Oil. Don't really have the other oil recipes, though I wish I did. Like Ornithosaur Oil. I spend a lot of combat switching stances and weapons (which is neat because I have both a three piece red and three piece blue Meteorite Sword, so I'm switching between three swords instead of just two).

Edited by Tale

It's shows up on your cursor if you aren't playing on hard. I really should stop reading threads about The Witcher and buy the game already...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Flaming sword? What flaming sword? I have no idea what this flaming sword is. I'm on medium and don't have to use alchemy too much. I have to use Cat's Eye for dark places and I will occasionally use a Necrophage Oil. Don't really have the other oil recipes, though I wish I did. Like Ornithosaur Oil. I spend a lot of combat switching stances and weapons (which is neat because I have both a three piece red and three piece blue Meteorite Sword, so I'm switching between three swords instead of just two).

Why are you using the three piece blue? Isn't that one something kinda lame like Pain and Bleeding?

One has more damage, the other disarms. Disarming is not always useful.

Broken Worlds, The Dungeon Siege 2 x-pack.

It looks to be a good romp. I quite liked the original DS2 and with the 2 new classes, I'm sure it'll pass a few hours. Playing from the start of the original campaign so we'll see how it goes. Go go Fist of Stone.