Xbox 360

There'sa problem with MTU settings or something. I'd elaborate, but I didn't understand the technical jargin. Something about modems and numbers and something else, loike it can't connect unless the number is higher than this other number.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Okay, Carcassonne seems to be a pretty fun board game. Get it free for a limited time from XBLA this weekend. I think it's only available for 48 hrs starting from yesterday. We can play up to 5 players.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Okay, Carcassonne seems to be a pretty fun board game. Get it free for a limited time from XBLA this weekend. I think it's only available for 48 hrs starting from yesterday. We can play up to 5 players.

Nearly six hours later of playing it straight. I'm glad to say I think I've got it figured out. It was a lot easier once I learned to turn my Followers to select different things. It was one of those lightbulb moments where you say 'Hey, Llyranor doesn't have seizures! He was trying to show me something.'

Now if I could just figure out those damn zones and how to drive a warthog on Halo....

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It's almost the simplist control set ever.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Room yes. Money no. I am just going to keep focusing on my PC. At least til I get a upgraded CPU and 2 8800 GTs in SLI. Maybe by then the XBox 360 games I want to play be carted over to the PC by then. :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Room yes. Money no. I am just going to keep focusing on my PC. At least til I get a upgraded CPU and 2 8800 GTs in SLI. Maybe by then the XBox 360 games I want to play be carted over to the PC by then. :lol:

Just curious...but what current PC exclusive games are worth the significant dollar investment in making those upgrades? I assume you're able to play NWN2 just fine with what you currently have. Even then, going SLI with 8800GT seems like overkill unless you're hardcore into FPS. Even then, that's still highly debatable.

Whereas right now seems to be a good time to be a 360 owner. Especially when you factor in the costs.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I mostly want a PC that I won't have to upgrade for quite a bit.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

A good rule of thumb is to upgrade when you need to. Prices will be lower by the time that need occurs and even then, the technology will have improved. Right now, do you have to?

Also, are there really any games out right now that you want to play that you can't play with what you have right now?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Well, I can't play Crysis on Ultra High. :lol:

There's a pretty good sized group on the 360 right now, and I'm having a blast playing with everyone. Llyr and I got killed in NHL 08 by some ringer this morning playing in team mode, and then Nick won a game of Carcassone against the two of us. The voice chat is solid, there are just a ton of classic games to play on Xbox Live Arcade, and there's usually someone online to get a game going with.

Well, I can't play Crysis on Ultra High. :lol:

Fair enough. But is Crysis really high up there on your list of must play games that warrants spending upwards towards a thousand grand for? Personally I'd do it for say...Dragon Age, but that won't be out for a while.

Save yourself hundreds of gaming dollars and get the 360. There's always Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and even Bioshock, Orange Box, etc., Plus it now comes with two great games for free: Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

If I wanted Bioshock or the Orange Box I can get it on the PC. The only X Box 360 game that is only on the 360 I want to get is ME which more than likely will be carted to PC soon enough anyway just like Jade Empire did. There is just not enough games on the XBox 360 that is only on the XBox 360 that I really want to warrant getting the console. Besides, if I can get my PC to play Crysis on Ultra High then there is no doubt that it will be able to hand Dragon Age.

Ok. But would you be able to play DA on maximum settings when it comes out with the dual 8800GTs? Because from here, it seems like you're making the purchases to play Crysis on max settings. That's a mighty big gamble on just one shooter, especially when you're a big rpg nut. Consider this, what other games that you are salivating over between now and say Dragon Age are going to be available on PC that you can't play on the 360?

As for Mass Effect, what makes you think that it will be ported over to pc? It's just conjecture, and if it does occur, by that time, EA will have taken control of Bioware and you yourself said that you won't buy any EA games. I don't see any EA labels on Mass Effect for the 360. Actually, that means DA will be an EA game too. So there goes another reason for "upgrading for the future".

And isn't the Aliens rpg designed for next-gen consoles (360)? As is Obsidian's other secret project?

If I wanted Bioshock or the Orange Box I can get it on the PC. The only X Box 360 game that is only on the 360 I want to get is ME which more than likely will be carted to PC soon enough anyway just like Jade Empire did. There is just not enough games on the XBox 360 that is only on the XBox 360 that I really want to warrant getting the console. Besides, if I can get my PC to play Crysis on Ultra High then there is no doubt that it will be able to hand Dragon Age.

JE took 2 years to port. Do you feel like waiting that long?