A farewell Thread

Rosbjerg

Also, good riddance, I never liked you anyway!

I just like saying that.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

sure, just have about 8.000 Euro ready and you're good to go - also we leave, as mentioned, on the 1st of november so you need a health insurance, vaccine shots, equipment, tickets, tourist Visa (notoriusly hard to get) and alot of other stuff as well.

You have 20 days.. :)

Vaccine shots are a must. Under no circumstances permit anyone to administer them in an unorthodox fashion. Particularly the tropical fevers. Unless you relish the thought of re-enacting that bit from the Exorcist. Which on reflection can be quite fun.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have alot of the vaccines from former trips - but as a precuation I've taken them again (my health insurance gives me 15% off as well as a 10% refund on the remaining price). Now I should be covered for the next 10 years or so. So I'm covered on that department - The Danish Health Institute keeps a continously updated list on various diseases and epidemic outbreakes around the world and you are not allowed to take an international Health Insurance without the vaccines they recommend.

Fortune favors the bald.

Good luck and Godspeed Ros!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

And don't forget to bring back sandwiches!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Guest The Architect

Hey watch out for some of the curry there 'ay. I bet you some of their hot stuff would go straight through anyone who isn't used to it, and if you're not, just go for the mild curry stuff if you want to eat that 'ay.

Also, Tale's a jerk.

I just like saying that.

I have alot of the vaccines from former trips - but as a precuation I've taken them again (my health insurance gives me 15% off as well as a 10% refund on the remaining price). Now I should be covered for the next 10 years or so. So I'm covered on that department - The Danish Health Institute keeps a continously updated list on various diseases and epidemic outbreakes around the world and you are not allowed to take an international Health Insurance without the vaccines they recommend.

Good man.

On the subject of not trusting guides, which I mentioned earlier:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7043668.stm

The caves they went into had warning signs up, but they went in anyway.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just heard about a terrorist bombing in New Dehli. Seriously, watch your back, Rosie.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Rosie?

Is there something going on between you two that we don't know about?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just heard about a terrorist bombing in New Dehli. Seriously, watch your back, Rosie.

There are bombings almost weekly somewhere in India. If it does remember to get compression on, and as soon as possible clean out the wounds. A lot of fragment damage from terrorist bombs is bits of people. Nice.

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect
Rosie?

Because if there was, it'd break your heart to learn that Rosbjerg chose Sand over you, right?

Rosie?

Because if there was, it'd break your heart to learn that Rosbjerg chose Sand over you, right?

Easy down you two - you just have to remember that I'm not a one-forumite-kinda-guy.. I've got plenty of love for all of you!

Fortune favors the bald.

YOU TELL THEM, ROSIE! :lol:

:)

Um... :)

*runs and hides*

It's good to travel with a friend, too. This allows the travellers to take a break (read: go to the toilet) without having to watch the luggage, which is something one has to do when travelling alone (no-one likes it when some guy invades the public toilet at the Hauptbahnhof with three suitcases and an articulated rucksack ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

These days it is equally unpopular when people leave three suitcases and an articulated rucksack unsupervised in the Hauptbahnhof. Odds are the bomb squad will run away with it before a thief gets to it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well the final preparations are done - now I just need a pair of good hiking/walking boots - make sure my girlfriend doesn't break my legs to prevent me from leaving (Misery anyone?) and throw a big party this saturday so my friends can send me away properly (Gin anyone?)

12 days now.. It's exciting!

Just travel light, carry the rucksack only.

I'm not gonna trek through India, on foot mostly, with more than a rucksack :bat: - after that skiing incident last year my back isn't as strong as it used to be.

Remember to share your experiences when you get back.

You got it - but I'll post a link to a website here before I leave and as I said; anyone who forwards their email adress to me will be on our (english) mailing list as well.

Fortune favors the bald.