What are you playing now?

Darque

An hour long boss fight who right near his death unleashes an attack that finally kills me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

UT3 I'm like averaging 40 FPS on everything high and 2xAA. UT3 is prolly the most demanding (not "crysis demanding" tho) of all the U3 engine games I've played so far. However I think driver updates are going to make it run faster, like Medal of Honor Airborne ran faster after updates.

But yeah it's upgrade time I say. A 7800 GTX to 8800 GTX was night and day, and I'm sure a 7800 GT to 8800 GT would be the same, in every game. You can also wait for 9 series, but that means you can't enjoy UT3 until next year then.

Your right, I dont want to wait till next year! this 8800GT is THE sweet spot for graphic performance, i guess i should take advantage and get $100 for my old 7800GT somewhere.

The only thing I'm iffy about is that it won't support DirectX 10.1 Im not sure if that means it wont support the updateed directX 10.1 now or later...

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Okay, finally got through with the Persona 3 ending. :cry:

The hero fought to seal Nyx away. After Nyx is sealed the Dark Hour fades and all their memories are gone. But, they made a promise to get together at graduation. You can see it coming, because the two days before graduation, he's just getting tired. On graduation day, they all get their memories back, but he gets really tired again and he just goes to sleep. And then you see a butterfly float by... So, he just quietly dies after holding on for a month to keep a promise.

It's damned sad. Time to throw another game onto the list of games that have made me cry.

Edited by Tale

Sissy.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I will cut you.

They're manly tears, damnit!

Edited by Tale

Your right, I dont want to wait till next year! this 8800GT is THE sweet spot for graphic performance, i guess i should take advantage and get $100 for my old 7800GT somewhere.

The only thing I'm iffy about is that it won't support DirectX 10.1 Im not sure if that means it wont support the updateed directX 10.1 now or later...

Yeah, the 8800GT sounds like a bargain: http://www.dailytech.com/NVIDIA+Debuts+Con...article9424.htm

And it actually looks good too! I love those one-slot designs.. I wish they would go back to those again.

I wouldn't worry about DirectX10.1. It will be years before any games come out that uses it anyhow.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Let's put it this way ... edits occur when member CHOOSE to post inappropriately ... when there are questions in regard to what that means, do indeed feel free to contact the Squad ... :?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Yeah, the 8800GT sounds like a bargain: http://www.dailytech.com/NVIDIA+Debuts+Con...article9424.htm

And it actually looks good too! I love those one-slot designs.. I wish they would go back to those again.

I wouldn't worry about DirectX10.1. It will be years before any games come out that uses it anyhow.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/29/geforce_8800_gt/

Tom's Hardware already has a review up for 8800GT, and it is looking sweet.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Whoever keeps editing OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS: feel free to add YOUR name to the edit so we at least know who it is.

Gulty as charged.

Gorth gained 50xp and learned new options.

Playing Stalker and Europa Universalis 3. Both games are incredible "time sinks". Hooray for that ;)

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Game won't run with weaker GPU lulz :yes:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ironic:

1311415954.jpg

8800GT + Neverwinter Nights 2 in the same purchase!

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol:

AH! THE IRONY! AH! :yes:

I would think they would want to fix the kink NWN2 has with the 8800 before they release this. :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

But... But... Ammon Jerro is

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL!

:blink:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL!

Evil

is the new

good

Just finished Halflife 2: Episode 2. The game is amazing, even on my less-than-cutting-edge system.

Loved the way they tied into Portal, with the Borealis

, and the unfolding story overall, and am very much looking forward to Episode 3. Am now playing through Portal, and it's great. I saw an article on planethalflife, that explains how to get the Portal gun into Halflife 2. I think I might give that a try. :blink:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Not mine, but Best grenade stick ever

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I picked up my Gameboy Micro and my copy of Fire Emblem Sacred Stones again. Every time I pick it up I'm reminded that hard mode, really is hard, especially when you are trying to pick up every character and not let any of them die. Most recently, I had Rennac killed by the second last enemy on the map 30 turns in. That was nearly two hours of playtime. The bastard had a five percent chance of delivering that killing blow, and he made it. :sad:

Asfor the 8800 GT I think I found the card I am looking for as a replacement for my old X1900.

While the 8800GT seems like a sweet deal, i don't think that the performance increase will be enough to warrant a purchase. My 7900GTO (clocked as a GTX, i dunno about the name change) 512mb will be enough for a while longer.

Anyhoo, i am replaying the NWN2 OC as chaotic good warlock, but i am currently shifting to more evil as the game progresses. About half of the 'chaotic'-dialogueoptions are also evil.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just started playing the MOTB expansion after replaying through the OC. I think I enjoyed the OC more the second time around.

So far the expansion has me intrigued. First of all it seems to run a lot better. I can run it on 1280x1024 with a pretty good framerate even with high level spells going off and I have a P4 2.4ghz CPU and a Radeon X800 video card. Not playing with any shadows since that seems to grind everything to a halt no matter what resolution I'm playing on.

I think the camera controls better too. The strategy view usually pulls back to an angle I like and I don't really have any more complaints with the camera. Actually its something I've wanted to see for a long time now. Over the shoulder for exploration, isometric for combat.

I'm only in the first city hub looking for allies, but I like the atmosphere and the story so far. I keep hoping I'll run into the Ice Dragon Berserker Lodge and find some mention of Minsc and Boo. :)

I also ordered the Witcher and am picking up the Orange Box later today. :p

Just having returned home last night, I've installed Vista 64 on my system. Now I'm installing WoW and soon I'll install the Orange Box.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!