Anime recommendations: Part 2

SteveThaiBinh

Noein was alright but once things went late game it was like why damnit why do you have to do this to me :'(

Last Exile like forever holds a place in my heart and has sustained multiple watchings however its been a while and was never anything amazing but definitely something I'd recommend.

My (mai?) hime? In which case it was pretty bad. Number 1 its not a comedy and has a female lead and predominately female cast so like drama and like character interaction is pretty lame and fights aren't cool and looking back now I have no idea what compelled me to watch the show whatsoever. I wouldn't recommend it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Noir has its moments - the slow paces are sometimes done well and the action scenes are really good but it's sorta okay-ish in general. Last Exile is MUCH better. I really rate it. But I haven't seen Mai-Hime yet. Noein looked interesting but I didn't really finish it.

Btw check out Kannon if you can. Foxgirl ftw!

Also yeah I like the shoujo too. Ouran Host Club and Yamato Nadeshiko for the lulz. Still, School Rumble's the way to go.

Edited by Atreides

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Bleach Predictions

Everyone becomes a Vizard! YAY!

And after that, Espada-Vizard-somethingsomething.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1 answer Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann. Most epicest show ever made. Since watching it I haven't watched anything becuase it was no where near the capacity of awesome that ttgl was.

It's impossible not to like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann :)

Feckin' impossible.

hmmm.

this is one o' those anime shows that were recommended to Gromnir. people always recommend anime to us 'cause they knows how much we loathe most anime. is some episodes o' cowboy bebop exceptions to Gromnir's no-anime rule? yeah, and sadly that is why some folks keep recommending their fave new anime to Gromnir... am like the life cereal "Mikey" kid, but for anime. is a kinda game for some people to find anime that Gromnir won't hate.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

not hate it as much as that mermaid yakuza thing somebody tried to get Gromnir to sit through

Oh, now look what you've done Gromnir. Now we have to see it.

1 answer Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann. Most epicest show ever made. Since watching it I haven't watched anything becuase it was no where near the capacity of awesome that ttgl was.

It's impossible not to like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ;)

Feckin' impossible.

hmmm.

this is one o' those anime shows that were recommended to Gromnir. people always recommend anime to us 'cause they knows how much we loathe most anime. is some episodes o' cowboy bebop exceptions to Gromnir's no-anime rule? yeah, and sadly that is why some folks keep recommending their fave new anime to Gromnir... am like the life cereal "Mikey" kid, but for anime. is a kinda game for some people to find anime that Gromnir won't hate.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why? That he doesn't like any anime series (except Cowboy Bebop) doesn't have to mean he also dislikes great tragic animes like Jin Roh, or original fantasy stories like Spirited Away, probably Princess Mononoke etc...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Why? That he doesn't like any anime series (except Cowboy Bebop) doesn't have to mean he also dislikes great tragic animes like Jin Roh, or original fantasy stories like Spirited Away, probably Princess Mononoke etc...

princess mononoke... not so much. japanese preoccupation with godzilla irritates us to no end. 'cause if you mistreat nature, eventually she will spit forth monsters to chastise you for your arrogance and your sins. didn't so much like the characters neither.

spirited away, on the other hand, were fantastic. a bit obscure at times, but beautifully animated. a wonderful tale peopled by intriguing characters. sure, we still gets the near ubiquitous Nature themes, but those were secondary. didn't feel as if we had seen spirited away dozens o' times before, with ever so slight and meaningless variations in plot and character.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Update!

I tried out three series so far.

Full Metal Panic: Second Raid: I purchased this and loved it. I plan on purchasing Fumoffu now to complete my collection.

Last Exile: ****win. Watched the first 8 episodes and loved them. I plan on purchasing this if I have some spare cash after Fumoffu.

The Legend of Galactic Heroes: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Alright so, I've given it a lot of thought, but probably my favorite Pokemon episode is episode 39 entitled; Pikachu's Good-bye

[quote name='Bulbapedia' date=' the community-driven Pok

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I cried while reading your post about you crying while watching that episode of the Pokemon anime.

I think my favorite episode would have to be episode eleven of the original season. In this episode, Ash finds a wounded Charmander and nurses him back to health.

They quickly wrap Charmander up in their rain coats, Ash volunteering to make sure its Tail Flame stays lit. They race their way back to the Pok

Yeah, even though in the middle there Charmeleon and Charizard are such jerks to him lol

Yeah, that was really terrible what Damian did to his charmander, and then when he saw how it had survived the rain and was still strong, he wanted it back, can you believe it?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I... I hardly even remember Pokemon. But I used to enjoy watching it so.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gundam 00 is going to come down the the kid who's got the spanish girlfriend and the reporter sister isn't it?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

POKEMON?!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Vitsit vitsein

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Vitsit vitsein

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

LOL I thought some of the Charizard/Ash fights were some of the funniest moments of the series!!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that by the end of the first season he had finally gained respect for Ash, even if he refused to fight pokemon weaker than himself.

Guest The Architect

Some of my favourite Pokemon episodes other than the couple that have already been mentioned are the one where Charizard and Magmar fight, the one where Ash and Gary battle, which involves that Blastoise/Charizard battle, the one about James' past, the one where Jessie blasts away a ghost, and of course, the very first episode. That's all that springs to mind for now, but yeah, the list goes on.